“If you think this is fire, you have no idea what I have coming” - Drake to Akademiks

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
These two men went from :hamster: to biggest pop superstar in the world and fledgling media outlet in his own right

Should share a Muhammad Ali and Howard Cosell type relationship

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Somebody please shop the faces of Partynextdoor, Yatchy and them on this pic :mjlol: @ba'al
2-F19-F4-C1-8-D09-44-EA-8-FFC-74-A716-E7979-D.jpg

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To me that’s the brilliance of this track. Like he said at the beginning of the track Kendrick peeped all the angles Drake will try to come with and addressed them head on.

- Respect > money and power to Kendrick
- Fame - only you (Drake) like being famous
- Hits - you make music to make hits and have zero classics (debatable, but still), I (Dot) make music to make classics and electrify the people
- Women - the women you prop up and fukk ain’t real
- Girlfriend/wife gossip - you listened to Mr Morale and started making up stories.

Plus he completely annihilated the concept of Drake trying to do the tough mob/mafia talk or trying to “black it up” to respond.

It’s a REALLY tough track when you sit with it for a minute and actually break it down. It really does remind me of Adidion in how he attacks Drakes psyche/character as well as the normal surface level diss fodder. Hopefully Drake does his homework before he jumps out the window because it could get real bad if he just tries to gossip to make a hit and forgets to rap.
Let’s be honest Kdot does care about those things he wants to be famous etc or he wouldn’t care about a crown or be doing features on joint Drake diss tracks . Just because he grew up where he grew up doesn’t mean he will do any of the tough talk either lol they both have money at this point and can pay to theoretically get something done but it shouldn’t go that route . In the end of day tbh this comes down to who makes the better song , both of these guys could drop lyrical bombs but if the general consensus is no one care then it doesn’t matter

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Let’s be honest Kdot does care about those things he wants to be famous etc or he wouldn’t care about a crown or be doing features on joint Drake diss tracks . Just because he grew up where he grew up doesn’t mean he will do any of the tough talk either lol they both have money at this point and can pay to theoretically get something done but it shouldn’t go that route . In the end of day tbh this comes down to who makes the better song , both of these guys could drop lyrical bombs but if the general consensus is no one care then it doesn’t matter
I don’t necessarily disagree but my point was that euphoria is completely addressing Drake’s typical strategy of attack. Kendrick is selling the idea that he isn’t concerned about any of the shyt Drake typically values so Drake’s usual slick talk won’t hit the same.

Both guys are working a narrative but it just seems more effective from Dot so far based only on what’s been released and how he hasn’t shown to be stressed by any of the outside factors (AI, being on the clock, etc.).

The next round is gonna be interesting