If Your PG is the best player on your team, its over

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Honestly, it's always going to be the case of your team only being as good as it's weakest link.

If you have an offensive/defensive liability, you're essentially playing 4 vs 5 on one side of the court and that affects everybody because they have to exert energy and make game plans adjustments making up for it.

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Guards are in abundance tho.. The star SF or star center is damn near the holy grail in basketball these days

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
2014 Tony Parker, but that Spurs team was balanced and had Duncan.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I agree but he had the city on fire

Why the hell did you mention Kris Dunn? That nikka is nowhere near elite. Damn sure nowhere near the best player on the Bulls

Cause nikkas was crowning him dwade lite coming in. nikka was a top 5 pick with absolutely no discernable skill or shooting ability. His athleticism is what got him drafted ultimately. He shouldn't have went that high.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
They are big deal though.

The positions haven't really changed. Players and pundits like to say that the PG position has changed from the guy that brings the ball up and passes to the open man, but that's a lie. Bob Cousy, the OG Point God, was the leading scorer of the Celtics and took the most shots a number of years. Walt Frazier has lead the team in scoring.

Ben Simmons plays PG, like an actual PG, but he's 6'10. He lays with an actual SG and guards PGs and switches and all that good shyt.

If Ben Simmons played PF, the entire team dynamic changes because he can't shoot for shyt. He'll play closer to the basket. Teams will not be able to double Embiid so hard.

Walt Frazier won a ring as the best player, I forgot about him.
I said since 1980 though. I aint tryna hear about these 70s and 60s nikkas cause the leaugue was not modernized yet.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fukk you mention Zo for? :hhh: Lakers didn't draft him to be the #1 guy :yeshrug:
I’d say they actually did draft him to run that team...

He might not have been drafted to be the #1 scoring option but he was drafted to be the face and leader of that squad. He was the #2 pick in the draft. You don’t take a dude that high with the intention of him just becoming another random player

Actually that team was so light on talent...it’s very well possible that that intended on him being the best scorer as well