If Zimmerman gets off its gonna be open season on young black men in America...

Black Gatsby

Lord$ Never Worry
Daps
Reppin
London
ONYX - BLACK HOODIE RAP LYRICS

it still gives off a certain image these days. and at 17 he ain't equipped enough to be like " can i help you sir?....i'm just walking down the street" etc.
I live in the suburbs of DC these days and at the liquor store "tick tock liquors" has signs that say hoods off when in the store....and that's a mile down the street from university of maryland.

and obvi if Trayvon had on the hoddie and was jogging in some running gear it would be a different image as we all know.

but as a teenager....especially a black teenager you have to be aware of the image you are giving off towards black people as well as any other race of people. is it right? no. but don't be an easy target in that regard in which excuses come into play. like "oh he had on a hoodie and looked intimidating...blah blah blah" Make the Zimmermans of the world attack a clean imagine and try to justify it....would be impossible. Zimmerman would have already been in deep ish if he popped a Carlton Banks type of prep....but he probably would never try that type to be honest.

Housing: The Silver Hoodies - we're down with OAP | Society | The Guardian
people do it to look bad@ss/thugged out if you will. What you think runs through peoples mind when a black teen does it with a hoodie in a conservative white neighborhood?

Hell, tattoos are more acceptable these days....but it still gives off an image that can work against you if overdone.

SMFH it's apologist attitudes like this that means attacks like these will continue. A MAN hunted, attacked and killed a CHILD and you're claiming that what he was wearing makes it fair game? He racially profiled Martin saw a young black man and thought add a hoody to the equation and he must be a criminal.

All this says is people need to change their perception, because if it's raining and I'm going to put my hood up. If a white man approaches me because he feels uncomfortable because of this I will tell him to deal with it, don't project your insecurities on me.

I won't even abuse you, but it appears you also need to change the way you think.

There is no defence for Zimmerman and his actions, he was told not to pursue Trayvon but he went against Police orders and did so and as a consequence took a childs life.

Said he felt threatened by someone minding their own business that he decided to follow and as a result took a child's life.

Let that marinate so next time you want to blame Trayvon and his hoody you hold back smh

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
LOL @ this. White America has been killing Black Men and Women for HUNDREDS of years and ALL WHITE JURIES have been letting them get away with it too. But you wanna talk about statistics from the same White Supremacy Justice System as if they are fact? GTFOH. Why do people act like the Civil Rights movement was SO long ago. My parents lived through that sh!t.

Im not talking about then and im not denying the injustices that we've suffered. Im talking about now. If you're a young black man living in chicago or a black parent living in chicago you cant seriously tell me your son should be scared of white men than one of his own.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Our justice system is awesome, bro.

402038_749245795312_1488468829_n.jpg

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A$VP Hagler★;4824898 said:
SMFH it's apologist attitudes like this that means attacks like these will continue. A MAN hunted, attacked and killed a CHILD and you're claiming that what he was wearing makes it fair game? He racially profiled Martin saw a young black man and thought add a hoody to the equation and he must be a criminal.

All this says is people need to change their perception, because if it's raining and I'm going to put my hood up. If a white man approaches me because he feels uncomfortable because of this I will tell him to deal with it, don't project your insecurities on me.

I won't even abuse you, but it appears you also need to change the way you think.

There is no defence for Zimmerman and his actions, he was told not to pursue Trayvon but he went against Police orders and did so and as a consequence took a childs life.

Said he felt threatened by someone minding their own business that he decided to follow and as a result took a child's life.

Let that marinate so next time you want to blame Trayvon and his hoody you hold back smh

it wasn't raining or cold outside.

I been around long enough to know the excuses people will make based on the look of the blackman that changes the tide of any situation out of ya favor. I know from getting pulled over in a car my appearance changes their approach and handling of things by the police.

I assume Zimmerman was out-right racist. what happens if he attacks the blackman in some preppy Carlton Banks ish....doesn't hold up. What if TM had on a suit and tie for whatevea reason....does it happen?

The hoodie ain't the issue....evidence is on the police tape. But his style of dress turned the tide as zimmerman used it as an excuse. If dude was prepped out zimmerman only excuse would be that he was black and it would be plain as day.

I didn't really follow the case. i heard the police tape only and zimmerman seemed guilty as hell. Thing is law ain't always there to be a witness....you gotta be prepared to deal with the real world just like in the hood or anywhere for that matter. Guess what?....people ain't law abiding unless the police is actually at the scene.

I'm about preventing a another TM situation. If i leave my door open and get robbed....it damn sure ain't my fault. But i make sure to lock my doors and turn on the alarm etc. You still have to take precautions in life, etc, right?

R.I.P to TM.

Black Gatsby

Lord$ Never Worry
Daps
Reppin
London
it wasn't raining or cold outside.

I been around long enough to know the excuses people will make based on the look of the blackman that changes the tide of any situation out of ya favor. I know from getting pulled over in a car my appearance changes their approach and handling of things by the police.

I assume Zimmerman was out-right racist. what happens if he attacks the blackman in some preppy Carlton Banks ish....doesn't hold up. What if TM had on a suit and tie for whatevea reason....does it happen?

The hoodie ain't the issue....evidence is on the police tape. But his style of dress turned the tide as zimmerman used it as an excuse. If dude was prepped out zimmerman only excuse would be that he was black and it would be plain as day.

I didn't really follow the case. i heard the police tape only and zimmerman seemed guilty as hell. Thing is law ain't always there to be a witness....you gotta be prepared to deal with the real world just like in the hood or anywhere for that matter. Guess what?....people ain't law abiding unless the police is actually at the scene.

I'm about preventing a another TM situation. If i leave my door open and get robbed....it damn sure ain't my fault. But i make sure to lock my doors and turn on the alarm etc. You still have to take precautions in life, etc, right?

R.I.P to TM.

Zimmerman's voice, meanwhile, comes through on a 911 call he made around that time, telling a dispatcher about "a real suspicious guy."
"This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining, and he's just walking around."​

What happened the night Trayvon Martin died - CNN.com

Like I said apologist attitude.
You don't even know the facts of the case and you're here preaching? Go and read up on the whole thing then come back smh

Brown Ant

Hunter-Gatherer
Daps
Reppin
a colony near you
A$VP Hagler★;4825406 said:
Zimmerman's voice, meanwhile, comes through on a 911 call he made around that time, telling a dispatcher about "a real suspicious guy."
"This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining, and he's just walking around."​

You don't even know the facts of the case and you're here preaching? Go and read up on the whole thing then come back smh

Excuse him. His tears and highly emotional state has fluttered his mind into thinking irrationally. The state did NOT prove George Zimmerman didn't act in self-defense. I don't get why so many people can't grasp this concept.

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
Excuse him. His tears and highly emotional state has fluttered his mind into thinking irrationally. The state did NOT prove George Zimmerman didn't act in self-defense. I don't get why so many people can't grasp this concept.

The major issue here was the state had to prove this beyond reasonable doubt vs the killer having this burden - big difference on the outcome. Had the burden being the other way round, key things like how he pulled out his gun and all the holes in his story would have sunk him.

Anyway, I doubt if he is going to be able to live long. I can certainly see people stalking his fat ass.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Actually, I had no idea it was raining (that changes everything)....but plenty of people wear hoods when it ain't raining or cold and that's what i'm basing my opinion on. so imma stay with the hypothetical.

apologist for what? apologist for common sense of understanding perception? like i said if you wore a plain red or blue t-shirt as a black-man especially back in the day in certain parts of the county you looked like a gangster. Now if other people see you as a gangster and something happens to you..... you would have been hit with "you need to be street smart" it's the same thing....but it was accepted from black people when they told us we were gangster for dressing in a certain fashion. people take the same crap from black people with the labels and when the white man gives a label you don't need to be smart about things? Black people need to be oblivious to perception that ain't created by black people?....that's what it sounds like people are telling me...

sorry that image is everything.
you gonna tell me that if he was dressed like "cliff paul" he gets treated the same? now you lying to me!!!

white dude has on flip-flops and shorts above the knee = preppy frat-boy

black man has on rainbow flip flops and khaki shorts = he's questionable or gay. Even everyday ish is seen differently on people of different races.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i didn't watch the case. just thought it was another young brotha with a hood on walking through a neighborhood that i see even black people wonder about on a sunny afternoon. And i was like do you expect white people not to see it the same way?

but the fact that it was a rainy night changes everything and i stand corrected cause I would have done/wore the same thing. I thought it was a good kid that was looking suspicious by even black standards.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
funny how Stephen A Smith said he and his sister told his nephew to forgo the hoodie even though you not wrong for wearing it.....you gotta survive out there.

I knew i wasn't the only one that thinks that. Even though i just found out it was raining.
goes back to you have to be smart of your surroundings etc.

But since it was raining I would have had the hoodie on too. I thought it was warm and sunny....and black people even look at you funny in that scenario like you hiding your face.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
funny how Stephen A Smith said he and his sister told his nephew to forgo the hoodie even though you not wrong for wearing it.....you gotta survive out there.

I knew i wasn't the only one that thinks that. Even though i just found out it was raining.
goes back to you have to be smart of your surroundings etc.

But since it was raining I would have had the hoodie on too. I thought it was warm and sunny....and black people even look at you funny in that scenario like you hiding your face.

The crazy thing is that we made it about the hoodie when it was really about his skin color and race. GZ would still have.done the same if he didn't have a hoodie. The all white prosecution tried to do a case that started out because of racial profiling and at the same time said its not about race. Welcome to "post-racial"'Amerikkka folks.

Meanwhile, the defense made it about race sending subliminal shots throughout the trial which pushed the buttons of an all white jury.

On the flipside, how do you make an all white jury to view racial profiling as Ill Will towards TM? Especially, when they view racial profiling differently than how blacks view it and are not victimized by racial profiling in their own world.

The prosecution threw the case starting with the jury selection. I think Shooterman's. father being a judge protected him from being shown as having a history of agression by the prosecution. This is a guy who assaulted a police officer and has a record of domestic violence. Imagine an all female jury.hearing that. But it didn't happen, instead we hurt about TM's shortcomings.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The crazy thing is that we made it about the hoodie when it was really about his skin color and race. GZ would still have.done the same if he didn't have a hoodie. The all white prosecution tried to do a case that started out because of racial profiling and at the same time said its not about race. Welcome to "post-racial"'Amerikkka folks.

Meanwhile, the defense made it about race sending subliminal shots throughout the trial which pushed the buttons of an all white jury.

On the flipside, how do you make an all white jury to view racial profiling as Ill Will towards TM? Especially, when they view racial profiling differently than how blacks view it and are not victimized by racial profiling in their own world.

The prosecution threw the case starting with the jury selection. I think Shooterman's. father being a judge protected him from being shown as having a history of agression by the prosecution. This is a guy who assaulted a police officer and has a record of domestic violence. Imagine an all female jury.hearing that. But it didn't happen, instead we hurt about TM's shortcomings.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think it was about the hoodie. but an excuse for zimmerman to hang his racism on!

But......how often do these situations including stop and frisk happen to preppy looking black people and those blacks in shirt and ties since the 1980's? You can't use image as an excuse for racism in those cases. Like a dude with a plain t-shirt and pants hanging off his @ss is the first target and law enforcement treats them with a lack of respect.

and from a general standpoint....doesn't clothes play a role in judgement of people?

i know if is see a tatted up white dude with a bald head....i take notice especially if he has on a hunting jacket! He could be a good dude....but i see a threat as a black man. Like that dude could cause me to react differently than an Abercrombie and Finch white dude.