I'm Out My Mind, Yea I'm High Above The Rim [2018 Rockets Season Thread]

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
I honestly believe he didn’t come into last season in shape, the drama with the Knicks FO had him probably saying fukk it and combine that with being added to a new team at the final hour.
He ain't gotta be hoodie melo just as long as he ain't the ugly-sweater melo that played with Playoff P:lolbron:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

Morey really seemed to be concerned that we were getting torched by Rose and Exum in the playoffs last year and he brought in alot of athleticism.

Easy to see how a guy like MCW will come in handy against speedy guards in other team's second units, especially when it doesn't burn you to have a non-shooter out there against a team like OKC or Utah.

His minutes may not be very high in a Warriors series, but he is critical depth to have for situational play.

... But if dude could ever figure out how to hit a 3:ohlawd:

Cabaclo looked good as well in short mins

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Apparently a Wolves scout was at the Rockets game last night.

If we could fleece them off the strength of Bruno Cabocolo's game last night for something like:

Gordon
Nene
Cabocolo
1st

While also facilitating Dieng to the Kings cap space, I think I would do it.

Gordon AND Tucker is too much, but Gordon is not going to sign an extension with us so his contract is going to jump significantly in 2 years and there were rumors going around after the WCF that he would welcome a trade for a bigger role somewhere else; especially if the Rockets are going to pay him.

That said, if we don't trade him he is still an amazing fit for our team and it's not a catastrophic miss on Butler. Our new depth looks like its going to be good and I think Morey made some good calculated gambles on guys coming from bad organizations (kinda the way we did with Gordon tbh).
No first rounder with all that... I'd give a 2nd rounder cuz you don't know if he will just bounce next year. Thibby a fool for asking so much:comeon:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Apparently a Wolves scout was at the Rockets game last night.

If we could fleece them off the strength of Bruno Cabocolo's game last night for something like:

Gordon
Nene
Cabocolo
1st

While also facilitating Dieng to the Kings cap space, I think I would do it.

Gordon AND Tucker is too much, but Gordon is not going to sign an extension with us so his contract is going to jump significantly in 2 years and there were rumors going around after the WCF that he would welcome a trade for a bigger role somewhere else; especially if the Rockets are going to pay him.

That said, if we don't trade him he is still an amazing fit for our team and it's not a catastrophic miss on Butler. Our new depth looks like its going to be good and I think Morey made some good calculated gambles on guys coming from bad organizations (kinda the way we did with Gordon tbh).

Agreed. The EG (and Ryno) signing was met with "LOLOLOLOL" by most people, and yet all he's done is be relatively healthy and flourish here (though he couldn've been better at certain points in the playoffs). I don't want PJ included in any trades in the slightest.

• Dap
Reactions: DKM

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Rockets now reportedly "last" in Jimmy Butler talks

My, how things change quickly in the world of NBA rumors. Just a few days ago, the Houston Rocketswere being thought of as the primary frontrunnersin the effort to acquire disgruntled Minnesota Timberwolves star Jimmy Butler.

The Rockets were being called the most aggressive team in contacting Minnesota, and they also were thought to have the best offer package to this point, which included Eric Gordon, a first-round pick, and either included P.J. Tuckeror some Rockets young talent, depending on which report you believed. There was also a potential third team involved.

Well, now the Rockets are suddenly being referred to as “last” in the Butler sweepstakes. According to a report by Sam Amico of Amico Hoops, and Marc Stein of the New York Times, the new frontrunner is an old frontrunner in the Miami Heat, and the Wolves are extremely hesitant move Butler to one of Minnesota’s chief Western Conference competitors. Amico went so far as saying the Rockets are in “last” and also said:

“For now, it appears the Heat are in the lead, the Rockets are at the bottom, and everyone else is just sort of watching and waiting — including, it seems, Butler and the Timberwolves.”
According to Stein, the Heat have an advantage in that they are one of Butler’s preferred destinations, and that is unexpectedly counting for something in Minnesota’s quest to optimize their value in any Butler deal.

Again, it’s also obviously relevant that the Heat are in east, while the Rockets should once again be one the best teams in the west, even without Butler. The Wolves couldn’t defeat the Rockets last season with Butler on their side. What chance do they have to beat them if he’s now in Houston?

Anyway, the Butler saga has just taken a dramatic turn, with the Rockets going from first place all the way down to last place in the matter of just a few days.

Who knows what will ultimately happen, but basketball is finally here, the Rockets opened up the preseason looking relatively sharp, and we thankfully have the excitement of a new year to talk about. It’d be great to see Butler in Rockets Red, but if this latest report is to be believed, it’s sounding less and less likely.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Rockets now reportedly "last" in Jimmy Butler talks

My, how things change quickly in the world of NBA rumors. Just a few days ago, the Houston Rocketswere being thought of as the primary frontrunnersin the effort to acquire disgruntled Minnesota Timberwolves star Jimmy Butler.

The Rockets were being called the most aggressive team in contacting Minnesota, and they also were thought to have the best offer package to this point, which included Eric Gordon, a first-round pick, and either included P.J. Tuckeror some Rockets young talent, depending on which report you believed. There was also a potential third team involved.

Well, now the Rockets are suddenly being referred to as “last” in the Butler sweepstakes. According to a report by Sam Amico of Amico Hoops, and Marc Stein of the New York Times, the new frontrunner is an old frontrunner in the Miami Heat, and the Wolves are extremely hesitant move Butler to one of Minnesota’s chief Western Conference competitors. Amico went so far as saying the Rockets are in “last” and also said:

“For now, it appears the Heat are in the lead, the Rockets are at the bottom, and everyone else is just sort of watching and waiting — including, it seems, Butler and the Timberwolves.”
According to Stein, the Heat have an advantage in that they are one of Butler’s preferred destinations, and that is unexpectedly counting for something in Minnesota’s quest to optimize their value in any Butler deal.

Again, it’s also obviously relevant that the Heat are in east, while the Rockets should once again be one the best teams in the west, even without Butler. The Wolves couldn’t defeat the Rockets last season with Butler on their side. What chance do they have to beat them if he’s now in Houston?

Anyway, the Butler saga has just taken a dramatic turn, with the Rockets going from first place all the way down to last place in the matter of just a few days.

Who knows what will ultimately happen, but basketball is finally here, the Rockets opened up the preseason looking relatively sharp, and we thankfully have the excitement of a new year to talk about. It’d be great to see Butler in Rockets Red, but if this latest report is to be believed, it’s sounding less and less likely.

Good.

• Dap

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Chriss and Ennis so damn off tonight. Need to keep their hands up and pay attention

• Dap

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think Melo's minutes should be paired more with CP3's than Harden's.

Harden and Gordon work well together because they just take turns going one on one, which is fine (sorta) if everyone else on the court can only spot up or catch lobs. CP3 would focus on getting Melo involved more imo, since Melo is a dynamic weapon offensively and not just as a great spot up shooter like he seems to be so far.

I'd like to see CP3/Melo in the game when Harden and Gordon are out. In tonight's game they had CP3/Gordon in and Harden/Melo out, as well as Gordon/Harden/Melo in with CP3 out. Gotta change that up some more next game and have Harden/Gordon out to see what the other two can do.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Give D'Antoni another COTY if Melo & MCW keep playing like this. :leon:

Marquesse Chriss is horrible though. I knew he'd be a bum even with CP3 & Harden. Single-handedly blew the game. :mjlol:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Give D'Antoni another COTY if Melo & MCW keep playing like this. :leon:

Marquesse Chriss is horrible though. I knew he'd be a bum even with CP3 & Harden. Single-handedly blew the game. :mjlol:

I think Chriss Will be useful in spot minutes, but man, his b-ball IQ is pretty low. For a young guy that’s basically fighting for a job, he doesn’t hustle as many ch as he should. Plus, the way he kept getting blocked by Turner :hhh::picard: