I'm Out My Mind, Yea I'm High Above The Rim [2018 Rockets Season Thread]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Give D'Antoni another COTY if Melo & MCW keep playing like this. :leon:

Marquesse Chriss is horrible though. I knew he'd be a bum even with CP3 & Harden. Single-handedly blew the game. :mjlol:

He cost me some light bread i put on the rockets covering the spread tonight :francis:

He on my shyt list already :francis:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
That white boy we got competing for backup center, gotta see him play some more but i liked his effort out there tonight.

• Dap
Reactions: DKM

Don_Knock

@DonKnock
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think Melo's minutes should be paired more with CP3's than Harden's.

Harden and Gordon work well together because they just take turns going one on one, which is fine (sorta) if everyone else on the court can only spot up or catch lobs. CP3 would focus on getting Melo involved more imo, since Melo is a dynamic weapon offensively and not just as a great spot up shooter like he seems to be so far.

I'd like to see CP3/Melo in the game when Harden and Gordon are out. In tonight's game they had CP3/Gordon in and Harden/Melo out, as well as Gordon/Harden/Melo in with CP3 out. Gotta change that up some more next game and have Harden/Gordon out to see what the other two can do.

Seemed like they were just playing a bunch of zany line ups to see how the new guys played with different people.

Chriss looking bustier than a plastic surgery convention.

If there’s anyone he can learn from it’s CP3, but man... dudes b-ball IQ must’ve rotted from being forced to watch Booker do a Harden under McHale impression for 20 mpg

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Seemed like they were just playing a bunch of zany line ups to see how the new guys played with different people.

Chriss looking bustier than a plastic surgery convention.

If there’s anyone he can learn from it’s CP3, but man... dudes b-ball IQ must’ve rotted from being forced to watch Booker do a Harden under McHale impression for 20 mpg
Breh.... you see that fool get blocked back-to-back-to-back-to-back? I know he picked up bad habits with Phoenix cuz they didn't give 2 shyts or a piss but got dayum:mindblown:
Liking that MCW hustle, just need to work on his shot. Ennis just looked like he needs to get in rhythm with his new team.
CaCenStein had his moments, especially his high arc 3 ability. Where our nikka Joe Cheese at though?

Any y'all going to the opener?

Don_Knock

@DonKnock
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Breh.... you see that fool get blocked back-to-back-to-back-to-back? I know he picked up bad habits with Phoenix cuz they didn't give 2 shyts or a piss but got dayum:mindblown:
Liking that MCW hustle, just need to work on his shot. Ennis just looked like he needs to get in rhythm with his new team.
CaCenStein had his moments, especially his high arc 3 ability. Where our nikka Joe Cheese at though?

Any y'all going to the opener?

Turner is a great shot blocker to be fair, if that was his only mistake it would be forgivable, but there were just so many and his conditioning looks bad too.
They need to put him on the versaclimber for 30 minutes a day.

Lol Joe Chee is out with some minor injury.

I’ve been really impressed by MCW as well. If Chriss could get his head on straight it would make a great second unit pairing cause Chriss can shoot threes. MCW looks to be finishing a lot better at the rim too.

Don_Knock

@DonKnock
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Man this Jimmy Butler shyt got my productivity levels plummeting.

This would be the perfect time to scoop him for cheap tho

Don_Knock

@DonKnock
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'll be frequently visiting this thread since 2 of my all-time favorite players are now on the roster (CP3 & Melo)

Melo has looked good so far. I've been impressed with how quickly he gets to the corner on the change of possession because Harden can hit him in the numbers from 3/4 court away and he gets a wide open shot.

His best stat in OKC last year was his points per possession hitting wide open threes, and that was what we had a huge problem with last year out of Ariza and Anderson. They would either pump fake and let the defender close out all the way and pass back, or just pass out of the open three. Was mind boggling honestly.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm pleased with the preseason. Melo has been great and seems to grasp our defensive system easily enough. And like a few of us were mentioning early in the offseason, he excel in wide open spot-up 3s last year.. he just didn't get many of them in OKC's system. He's going to get those types of looks in our system, he just gotta hit those shots, and so far so good.

That tall white boy has been good. Gotta get a little stronger when catching oops, but he got that hustle and heart stuff. I'm glad the team is committed to keeping PJ. Hopefully the professionalism and goodwill with Gordon and the team continues, despite the Butler rumors.

I figure we got another 60+ win team on our hands, but if this turns into one of those injury-stricken seasons, i'd easily settle for just 55 wins and health come the playoffs. Should be a fun ride either way, it's not every year you get to be a top 2 team in the league, so let's enjoy this shyt :salute: