I'm Out My Mind, Yea I'm High Above The Rim [2018 Rockets Season Thread]

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
Blazers series shows how close the rockets are compared to everybody else in the west.

While the Rockets are not close to the warriors talent wise, their style of play (that so many people complain about) drags the warriors down to the rockets level.

Lillard was horrible vs the warriors. People tried shytting on Harden, but he averaged 35 ppg shooting 45% from the field and 35% from behind the arc against the warriors, with no all-stars on his team. CP3 played like trash in 5 out of 6 games and Clint Capela played like he never played basketball before. That was the series.

Next year it’s gonna have to come down to those guys improving their game. Harden added a floater last off season. Let’s see if those guys add anything to their game. I doubt it tho.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good luck with that with no cap space. I don't think you'd want Butler on a 4 year max anyway. He's not gonna age gracefully.

I hope PJ Tucker was so damn valuable that he was a dealbreaker for y'all to even have a shot at Jimmy earlier.
They want Tucker and Gordon but a report came out that the wolves front office just didn’t want to do a deal with the rockets.

Also a sign and trade isnt out the question. We still Have the rights to Sergio lull who might like the idea of playing in Philly next to a couple of international stars.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Blazers series shows how close the rockets are compared to everybody else in the west.

While the Rockets are not close to the warriors talent wise, their style of play (that so many people complain about) drags the warriors down to the rockets level.

Lillard was horrible vs the warriors. People tried shytting on Harden, but he averaged 35 ppg shooting 45% from the field and 35% from behind the arc against the warriors, with no all-stars on his team. CP3 played like trash in 5 out of 6 games and Clint Capela played like he never played basketball before. That was the series.

Next year it’s gonna have to come down to those guys improving their game. Harden added a floater last off season. Let’s see if those guys add anything to their game. I doubt it tho.

Yea, James and Tucker were cool. I can nitpick but I could nitpick any star player in the playoffs, and by n large they (Harden/Tucker) played well. Harden was much improved.

However: Trade Capela.

He's not developing a shooting touch next year, nor growing to DeAndre Jordan's height/size (to not get bullied). Let's not fall into the trap the Pistons fell into a decade ago when they thought Amir Johnson was gonna be this glorified garbage man. Or the trap the Bulls fell into when they paid Ben Wallace to be their glorified garbage man.

We may have already fell into that trap but maybe we can use his "youth" and "potential" to sucker a team into biting for more than he's worth. Wouldn't be easy but it should be explored.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They want Tucker and Gordon but a report came out that the wolves front office just didn’t want to do a deal with the rockets.

Also a sign and trade isnt out the question. We still Have the rights to Sergio lull who might like the idea of playing in Philly next to a couple of international stars.

Yea this whole Tucker for Butler narrative isn't what I recall. Wolves wanted Gordon and Tucker for buddy, which.. ehhh... felt like a lateral move then (compounded with the risk of Butler simply walking at season's end) and even more-so now that we saw Clint Capela is the lame duck.

Obviously Butler for either one of Gordon or Tucker straight up would be a different story. Hell, we probably could've got them to trade Butler for Capela at the time lol

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Went on three trips, four graduations, and had some other shyt I had to take care of since the second round started. Got way behind on my work. Just wrapped up my projects.

I got like 70 alerts so I’m just gonna post this once and refer people back here.

I don’t like the direction that the coaching staff is heading. Seems like they’re trying to force MDA out, not sure why they didn’t just not pick up his option if they didn’t want him back.
We will see how they end up filling out the rest of the staff but I don’t know if many good coaches are gonna want to come here if MDA is a lame duck coach on a one year deal...

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Seems like they must know something about Jimmy Buckets interest in Houston if they're putting these offers out there

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This weekend is huge for our team. We should find out quickly which way it will go. Us already having a suitor for Clint and Harden continuing to tell the FO to go forward is comforting because when he knew Durant wasn’t coming they audibled immediately

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
This weekend is huge for our team. We should find out quickly which way it will go. Us already having a suitor for Clint and Harden continuing to tell the FO to go forward is comforting because when he knew Durant wasn’t coming they audibled immediately

at the bolded, put me on game....what has Harden been saying?

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
at the bolded, put me on game....what has Harden been saying?

It has been reported that Harden has been talking with Jimmy trying to recruit him to Houston. Butler came to Houston and went downtown last week and he went on a vacation with Harden and Wade to France.

Harden tried to recruit KD and KD basically stonewalled him so Harden knew that avenue wasn’t viable and the Rockets pivoted to re-signing Tucker.

It came out yesterday that the Rockets have a trade partner for Capela if necessary so they are clearly still working on these scenarios unlike during the KD situation, so whatever Harden has gathered from talking with Butler must signify some level of interest by him.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
It has been reported that Harden has been talking with Jimmy trying to recruit him to Houston. Butler came to Houston and went downtown last week and he went on a vacation with Harden and Wade to France.

Harden tried to recruit KD and KD basically stonewalled him so Harden knew that avenue wasn’t viable and the Rockets pivoted to re-signing Tucker.

It came out yesterday that the Rockets have a trade partner for Capela if necessary so they are clearly still working on these scenarios unlike during the KD situation, so whatever Harden has gathered from talking with Butler must signify some level of interest by him.
Oh ok :salute:At the breakdown.
This should be interesting