Is Andrew Schulz trolling or does he have a point?

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
The Migos also have a legion of followers that listen to what they say but somehow they have no responsibility to the public because "entertainers".

Uh yeah...artists don't have a responsibility to the public...only to themselves...

Lol and fukking thots is harmless...

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
shooting nikkas and selling dope is harmless too right?

In a song yeah...the fukking Godfather is celebrated as the greatest American film ever made and it has a bunch of White people killing each other...

It doesn't mean anything...it's entertainment...

Politic figures talk about real life...

I never seen a rapper be like...

"Killing people is a great thing..."

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
In a song yeah...the fukking Godfather is celebrated as the greatest American film ever made and it has a bunch of White people killing each other...

It doesn't mean anything...it's entertainment...

Politic figures talk about real life...

I never seen a rapper be like...

"Killing people is a great thing..."

I thought rappers were talking about real life too, isn't that the point of them incessantly proclaiming how "real" they are?

:patrice:

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Wait, fukking on your bytch, she thot thot thot. If you are fukking another man chick, she is a thot. This is a false equivalency, of course. Coulter and Milo are brushing shoulders with people who enact legislation that can change your life. fukk Andrew

L0Qutus

All Star
Daps
This is why I stopped listening to Charlemagne's podcast. He doesn't have the critical thinking skills to knock down easy racist shyt like this from Schultz.

Stupid people fall for shyt like this.:martin: A political figure advocating for adult sexual relationships with minor children is NOT comparable to a musician's lyrics regarding actions engaged in by consenting adults. :stopitslime:

Ellen nor any other talk show host would have the Migos on their show if Donald Glover didn't co-sign these guys at the Golden Globes.

Why doesn't Schultz call out talk shows ignoring a black group with the #1 song in the country? I bet he'll find a way to ignore that :hubie:.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I thought rappers were talking about real life too, isn't that the point of them incessantly proclaiming how "real" they are?

:patrice:

Art reflects life...

It's not real...when people say an artist is real...they are talking about authencity and the fact they actually did that shyt or were around that shyt...

Basically in Hip Hop...you can't play pretend...you can't say you are a Blood and not really be a blood, you can't say you a hood nikka and not really be a hood nikka...

21 Savage did plenty of interviews and he was never like..."Yay kill people..."

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
This is why I stopped listening to Charlemagne's podcast. He doesn't have the critical thinking skills to knock down easy racist shyt like this from Schultz.

Stupid people fall for shyt like this.:martin: A political figure advocating for adult sexual relationships with minor children is NOT comparable to a musician's lyrics regarding actions engaged in by consenting adults. :stopitslime:

Ellen nor any other talk show host would have the Migos on their show if Donald Glover didn't co-sign these guys at the Golden Globes.

Why doesn't Schultz call out talk shows ignoring a black group with the #1 song in the country? I bet he'll find a way to ignore that :hubie:.

When it first started out they would have great discussions. I looked forward to the podcast. As time went on and Andrew got full of himself. He became an ignorant, rude and self absorbed a$$hole. It went from discussions to Andrew over talking everyone and deflecting when he got stuck in some pointless ass argument. To me, it seems like Charlemagne is kinda over it when it comes to serious discussions. Probably one of the main reasons he continues to do it is because this Andrew's main source of exposer. I stopped listening awhile ago though, so I dont know how he's been lately.

Last edited:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Art reflects life...

It's not real...when people say an artist is real...they are talking about authencity and the fact they actually did that shyt or were around that shyt...

Basically in Hip Hop...you can't play pretend...you can't say you are a Blood and not really be a blood, you can't say you a hood nikka and not really be a hood nikka...

21 Savage did plenty of interviews and he was never like..."Yay kill people..."

both 21 Savage and Migos glamorize the use of drugs and violence against Black but it's not a big deal because they don't say "yay kill people"

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps

@Gravity

That may be true, but he's highlighting how feminists, especially white feminists will go hard on some people for things like slut shaming, misogyny, etc., usually when its someone they already dislike. Heterosexual and Cisgender white males, conservatives whether socially, fiscally, or otherwise, Republicans, etc.. Then they'll turn around and brush off the slut shaming and misogyny of someone who is deemed a potential ally. Especially if that ally can gain them cool points as in this case, Migos.

Now personally I don't care one way or the other about any of the players involved here, but he has a point.

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
Given...I dunno...all of human history...maybe white guys aren't in position to talk about "selective outrage"

:hubie:
White guys are in a position to talk about everything because they are in a position of power.