Is it me or there ain't no mid-range gyms out there?

Daps
Reppin
DMV
World Gym $20 they have at least two squat racks...shrug

I dont mind because they also have a Smith machine I can do squats on.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There aren't any "high-end" gyms where i'm at for the most part, at least in terms of price, except for crossfit. Most mid range chains (ie golds) and low cost fitness centers here. My new gym would be considered "high end" for this area I guess. But it's really just a strength training oriented gym.

I have noticed that the bare-bones strength oriented gyms seem to be going to way of the dinosaur (not sure why though).

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
There aren't any "high-end" gyms where i'm at for the most part, at least in terms of price, except for crossfit. Most mid range chains (ie golds) and low cost fitness centers here. My new gym would be considered "high end" for this area I guess. But it's really just a strength training oriented gym.

I have noticed that the bare-bones strength oriented gyms seem to be going to way of the dinosaur (not sure why though).

That's a problem though. I see many cats on machines, who don't have any practical strength translate into real life scenarios. I remember lifting a TV (75 in 4k) earlier this week with a fit coworker, and he struggled beyond belief, because he had no real strength.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's a problem though. I see many cats on machines, who don't have any practical strength translate into real life scenarios. I remember lifting a TV (75 in 4k) earlier this week with a fit coworker, and he struggled beyond belief, because he had no real strength.

Oh yeah, that's one of the big things I notice, i would call a gym and ask if they had free weights/a power rack, and they'll be like "yeah!" and you get there and it's a bunch of machines and some dumb bells and one squat "area" and a bench press:mjcry:

You haven't lied until you've seen someone doing DL on the Smith Machine

:dahell:
I'm going to have to look up this fukkery on youtube.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
You basically got Planet Fitness for $10 which is nothing but treadmills.

Then you got Blink which is like $20 and gets crowded. There's dumbells but maybe just 2 squat racks if you're lucky, which double for use for bench press. And they're always occupied.

Then you got like NYC Sports Clubs which is like $100 but really the same shyt as Blink except they have yoga classes and shyt.

Then fukkin Equinox which is like a goddam car payment.

Why ain't there like a $50 bodybuilding gym??
My first gym in the 90s was $30 owned by a cop/former amateur BB and had maybe 4 treadmills....

....In the back corner. :camby:
....across from a boxing heavy bag
:blessed:

Dont get me started on crossfit.
$150 to do pull-ups and snatches.
:scust:

Any of you ever look into creating a home gym??

planet fitness is completely out of the question. too ratchet, equipment sucks. go there is you want to lift heavy for cheap.

i got to Blink in my area in the BX and it opens at 5am so i try to get there no later than 630am because after that it turns into Wepa City.

The real sweet spot is corporate gyms. My last job had a private gym and it was never that packed outside of very specific peak hours. but the damn place stayed mostly empty because even tho it was only $7 a week you had ALOT of women (and men) who didnt want to be seen by other co-workers in the gym.

ultimately i want a home gym and that will be it. traveling to and from the gym gets to be more of an inconvenience after a while