Is it me or there ain't no mid-range gyms out there?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
planet fitness is completely out of the question. too ratchet, equipment sucks. go there is you want to lift heavy for cheap.

i got to Blink in my area in the BX and it opens at 5am so i try to get there no later than 630am because after that it turns into Wepa City.

The real sweet spot is corporate gyms. My last job had a private gym and it was never that packed outside of very specific peak hours. but the damn place stayed mostly empty because even tho it was only $7 a week you had ALOT of women (and men) who didnt want to be seen by other co-workers in the gym.

ultimately i want a home gym and that will be it. traveling to and from the gym gets to be more of an inconvenience after a while

:laff:

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Not sure if its just because they just opened up a new Gold's near me or if its like that for all of them....but I just joined and i'm paying 9.99 a month.

Pitfalls0117

Invokana Trump
Daps
Reppin
NJ->BOS->DC
Where I live Washington sports club is only 20 a month and they always have some type of sign up promotion/deal

It does get crowded and there aren't full racks for free weights but they do have plenty of bench stations and dumbbells

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
@Raul if you in NYC try Richies gym in brooklyn. Hardcore gym and its not expensive. I use to go there in 2012

Shout out to Richies, that was my spot, the one off Bushwick Avenue... No fluff or anything, just ya basic lifting and cardio.... I had to go either early in the morning or later at night so I would finish a workout right before they closed. Anything in between was nuts. I went there after work one day and couldn't tell if I was at the gym or Latin Quarter.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I work out at an UnderArmor gym I don't have these problems :blessed:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
big gyms are :camby:

i'm definitely into private gyms/training facilities. places with a few pieces of cardio machines, lots of weights, trx, ropes, tires, fake grass, etc.

images

i keep a 24 hour fitness membership for access to cardio classes like spin, kickboxing, insanity and the occasional 45-min slog on the treadmill, but most my workouts are at a small facility mixed with walking/hiking outdoors. places like barry's and orangetheory are making big waves also since a lot of people are tired of the big corporate gyms with shyt equipment and disgusting bathrooms.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
big gyms are :camby:

i'm definitely into private gyms/training facilities. places with a few pieces of cardio machines, lots of weights, trx, ropes, tires, fake grass, etc.

images

i keep a 24 hour fitness membership for access to cardio classes like spin, kickboxing, insanity and the occasional 45-min slog on the treadmill, but most my workouts are at a small facility mixed with walking/hiking outdoors. places like barry's and orangetheory are making big waves also since a lot of people are tired of the big corporate gyms with shyt equipment and disgusting bathrooms.
I keep hearing of Orangetheory. I didn't know they were small intimate type facilities.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Home gym is a no brainer. Pay for things as needed. No retarded ass people to worry about (which is priceless).

Unless going to the gym is a social outing for you :manny:
I got tired of the home free-weight life and started going to the gym within the last couple of months. I have the dumbells that you gotta unscrew and put the weights on to change the weights. The gyms just have the dumbells that come in each individual weights. Makes things WAY faster. Takes me 45mins to do workouts that would take me and 1hr in a half to do(sometimes 2). Same with the cable weights that gyms offer. Everything is just more efficient at the gym,as opposed to the free weights I have at home.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I keep hearing of Orangetheory. I didn't know they were small intimate type facilities.
i wouldn't call them "intimate" as they probably won't have some great stake in your fitness, but they're small(ish) facilities and you won't be dealing with 200 people in the gym. they're circuit base training. classes are usually 20-30 people and follows their workout routines/philosophy - it's not a place where you do your own thing. they have treadmills and rowing machines for cardio, then a weight area. classes are a mix of both.

otfinterior.jpg
OrangetheoryFitness-HollySprings-Gear.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

semtex

:)
Daps
I got tired of the home free-weight life and started going to the gym within the last couple of months. I have the dumbells that you gotta unscrew and put the weights on to change the weights. The gyms just have the dumbells that come in each individual weights. Makes things WAY faster. Takes me 45mins to do workouts that would take me and 1hr in a half to do(sometimes 2). Same with the cable weights that gyms offer. Everything is just more efficient at the gym,as opposed to the free weights I have at home.
:dwillhuh::dwillhuh:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
i wouldn't call them "intimate" as they probably won't have some great stake in your fitness, but they're small(ish) facilities and you won't be dealing with 200 people in the gym. they're circuit base training. classes are usually 20-30 people and follows their workout routines/philosophy - it's not a place where you do your own thing. they have treadmills and rowing machines for cardio, then a weight area. classes are a mix of both.

otfinterior.jpg
OrangetheoryFitness-HollySprings-Gear.jpg
Looks like a Fitness Factory...

Like a fitness matrix..

:dwillhuh:

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This maybe a stupid question but do Blink fitness gyms have strength training machines/machine weights? Since money isn't an issue right now I've been thinking about joining either Planet Fitness or Blink, I would be using mainly the exercise Bike and the weight machines, I'm a newbie and like easy use of weight machines, so I don't care about dumbbells and Bench Pressing.

Also do the exercise bikes at either gym show how many miles you peddled? My goal is to peddle 5 miles a day.