Is it still "cool" to be black and be a Wu-tang fan?

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
It doesn't seem to be "cool" to be a fan of any rappers from the 80's or 90's, and for some reason out of all music genres young black rap fans seem to be the ones most likely to have that mindstate :yeshrug:
Public Enemy one of the most pro black artists of all-time and you couldn't pay a young nikka from the hood to go see them. Their shows be cac'ed out

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The threadstarter insinuated that it's corny to be a Wu fan because they are predominantly supported by whites. Do you agree?

I didnt get that from the first post. Read it again and still dont get that. It sounded more like he was making a joke about how a large protion of Wu tang fans are asian and white. But every platinum selling rappers biggest fans are white.

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
In my country (Holland) it's not only Wu-Tang that has mostly cacs in the crowd but basically all real Hip-Hop jams have mostly white people in the crowd.
Over here black people rather go to a reggaeton party to grind on a chick from the back.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
About 5 years ago I saw Red and Meth and Ghost right here in my city. Majority of the crowd was black like me. In the Wu's prime in the mid 90s their fans were black. White people didn't hop on the bandwagon until Forever when the Wu started getting that MTV exposure. Street nikkas 30 and older bump the Wu. The ones who don't agree are young and didn't come up on the Wu so their opinions are irrelevant

Last edited:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Was just watching that Tanning of America VH1 special and Dr Dre was talking about how NWA would perform for predominantly white crowds. :ohhh:

Most legendary black acts perform for mostly white audiences. Bob Marley performed for predominantly white audiences. Was he ever considered corny to black people?

Also a lot of whites and other non blacks find the allure of the rebellious, street nature of a NWA or Wu, too much to resist.

People act like artists can go multi platinum from a predominantly black fanbase. There are no iconic black groups that don't have a large white fanbase. That goes from everyone like Earth Wind and Fire and Parliament Funkadelic to Bone and Public Enemy

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
It doesn't seem to be "cool" to be a fan of any rappers from the 80's or 90's, and for some reason out of all music genres young black rap fans seem to be the ones most likely to have that mindstate :yeshrug:
Public Enemy one of the most pro black artists of all-time and you couldn't pay a young nikka from the hood to go see them. Their shows be cac'ed out

Which is crazy cuz nobodys more problack than PE. In Cubes prime he used to perform for nothing but cacs at Lalapalooza

And this was back when he was calling white hoes cave bytches :mjlol:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I wonder why some of hip hops biggest artists pay homage and also attempt to get some of that authentic hip hop legend and street respected shine:

7353084042_74d65d21c6.jpg

drake-wu-wear-iamsupergorge.jpg

kendrick-lamar-method-man.jpg

Kanye-West-wears-Vintage-90s-Wu-Tang-Forever-Clan-T-Shirt-Colette-Timberland-Super-6-inch-Boots-2.jpg

Yea, I'm sure they did that cause it's corny to be a Wu-Tang fan.
bruh u know drake song "wu tang forever" caused A bunch of dikkeaters to start wearing wu shyt, but don't know none of they songs

If you don't like Wu Tang I'm not listening to your opinion on hip-hop :yeshrug:
u a clown then, cause they music ain't that good, nobody I know ever mentions them or says they are fans

I've always wondered if white Wu-Tang fans actually understand any of the 5% lingo the Wu raps about or simply don't care

Stan a group who believe you're a race of devils created by a black scientist white brehs
its worst to Stan rappers who believe in that trash :smh:

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

sheeeeeeeeeeeeit-o.gif

Have some ugk, geto boys, ball n g, 3-6 mafia blarin out'cha subs...and yungins head's will start bobbin'...even if they don't know what it is...

play some wu-tang and nikkas gon look at you funny :ld:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
ghostface, methodman, raekwon > any of these new cats

i really regret not going to their group tour back in boston during 2012

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Wu and Wu syndicates were always for black nerds, preps, weirdos and pseudo backpackers when I was young, kinda like The Roots were for the pseudo conscious up and comings which doesnt shock me that Whites and others dominated okplayer forums. For the record I phucks with both groups and still bump Liquid Swords in secret.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Check them out when you get home. I'm not saying you have to like Rocky's production. What am I saying is that his production is rawer and grimy than anything Ghost has rhymed on in many years. That's what I'm arguing.

Brand New Guy goes harder than any rap record of the last x years. Put that beat on loud and put on the "Here I Go Again" beat and compare the results.

Of the 3 live albums Ghost released, I prefer 36 seasons.
I can't believe you picked Here I Go again breh :mjlol:
That beat is crazy :wow:
Gets me moving way more than any of those ASAP beats you posted :yeshrug: