Is Mike Tyson a consensus Top10 Heavyweight of All Time or no?

DallasTxRep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas
source.gif

Prime Tyson was the GOAT
His defense is impregnable :wow:

Daps
This is such a lazy ass way to judge a boxer.
Who cares about his run up to the title?
They aren’t known because he destroyed them all. That’s the same story for just about every great fighter ever.
Who was Roy Jones fighting before his first title? You wanna look at that list?

You’re talking about Tyson being exposed after his loss to Douglas as if there weren’t a shyt ton of factors that affected Mike Tyson post-Cus and post-Jim Jacobs.

And I know.
“Bbbbut y’all making excuses”

No jackass. It’s about adding context.

Cus was deceased for a year before Mike won the his first strap against Berbick.

Jacobs died a month before Tyson started camp for Spinks.

=====

Let's forever dead this notion that Tyson wasn't in shape for the Douglas fight. The first image is Tyson vs. Spinks.

image.png

Tyson's resume up to and including the Douglas (almost 35 fights) is weak as hell and only has 3 people worth mentioning...

...Kinda like Deontay Wilder now

:ohhh:

The difference is when Deontay faced adversity, he didn't wilt. Tyson did. Multiple times. The only time he dug himself out of the ditch was against Botha.

P.S. Word on the street. It's on. Wilder-Joshua. November/December. Las Vegas. T-Mobile Arena.

holyfield was roided out of his mind the two times he fought mike so let's not get ahead of ourselves here and just write that '91 fight off as an obvious tyson win

Dude stop. Evander was expected to get slaughtered by Tyson as people thought he was through after the trilogy with Bowe and the lackluster performance against Bobby Czyz.

I cleaned up that night. I beat all the drug dealers talking that Tyson from the streets shyt.

this is dumb cause tyson didn't duck anyone. so who he was fighting was the top ranked fighters at the time. how did he get the belts? he beat the champions at the time.. all the other boxers were trying to do the same correct? why didn't they go 37-0?

he loses to buster.. he goes to jail.. he comes back and wins his next 4 fights and gets locked up.. comes up 4 years later, immediately beats 2 champions.

we all know what happened next.. he lost twice to holyfield, won some, lost to lewis, washed up and game over....

now lets look at holyfield up to his first loss... who the fukk was he fighting either?

Nov. 15 -- Lionel Byarm, New York, W 6
Jan. 20 -- Eric Winbush, Atlantic City, W 6
Mar.13 -- Freddie Brown, Norfolk, Virginia, KO 1
Apr. 20 -- Mark Rivera, Corpus Christi, Texas, KO 2
July 20 -- Tyrone Booze, Norfolk, Virginia, W 8
Aug. 29 -- Rick Myers, Atlanta, KO 1
Oct. 30 -- Jeff Meachem, Atlantic City, KO 5
Dec. 21 -- Anthony Davis, Virginia Beach, Virginia, KO 4
Mar. 1 -- Chisanda Mutti, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, KO 3
Apr. 6 -- Jesse Shelby, Corpus Christi, Texas, KO 3
May 28 -- Terry Mims, Metairie, Louisiana, KO 5
July 20 -- Dwight Qawi, Atlanta, W 15
(Captured WBA cruiserweight title)
Dec. 8 -- Michael Brothers, Paris, KO 3
Feb. 14 -- Henry Tillman, Reno, Nevada, TKO 7
(Retained WBA cruiserweight title)
May 15 -- Rickey Parkey, Las Vegas, TKO 3
(Unified WBA and IBF crusierweight titles)
Aug. 15 -- Ossie Ocasio, St. Tropez, France, TKO 11
(Retained WBA and IBF cruiserweight titles)
Dec. 4 -- Dwight Qawi, Atlantic City, TKO 4
(Retained WBA and IBF cruiserweight titles)
Apr. 9 -- Carlos DeLeon, Las Vegas, TKO 8
(Captured undisputed cruiserweight title)
July 16 -- James Tillis, Lake Tahoe, Nevada, KO 8
Dec. 9 -- Pinklon Thomas, Atlantic City, TKO 7
Mar. 11 -- Michael Dokes, Las Vegas, TKO 10
July 15 -- Adilson Rodrigues, Lake Tahoe, Nevada, KO 2
Nov. 4 -- Alex Stewart, Atlantic City, TKO 8
June 1 -- Seamus McDonagh, Atlantic City, TKO 4
Oct. 25 -- Buster Douglas, Las Vegas, KO 3
(Captured undisputed world heavyweight title)
Apr. 19 -- George Foreman, Atlantic City, W 12
(Retained undisputed world heavyweight title)
Nov. 23 -- Bert Cooper, Atlanta, TKO 7
Jun. 19 -- Larry Holmes, Las Vegas, W 12

Nov. 13 -- Riddikk Bowe, Las Vegas, L 12
(Lost undisputed world heavyweight title)

whoever was in front of him and washed up legends... same as tyson.. then he'd lose to riddikk twice (is he better), moorer, luis, ruiz, byrd, toney... lewis record no different.. same with most boxers

in other words, you gotta judge what you see them doing vs who's hot at that time. if they come in and destroy champs and #1's and make them look like nobody's, then that's a testament to how great that boxer was. tyson was destroying people.. lost 1 and was destroying people.. then got his prime taken away and was still beating all but 2 guys up.. fukk yea he's top 10

He fought Dwight Muhammad Qawi in his 12th fight. It's considered by everyone the greatest cruiserweight fight of all time. Qawi was a fukking M1 Abrams tank. They went at it for not 12, but 15 brutal rounds which was the last sanctioned 15 round championship fight. He unified the Cruiserweight title in his 18th fight.

Tilman was a Gold medalist @ the '84 Olympics who beat Tyson @ the Olympic Trials. Ocasio and De Leon were killers and Holyfield smashed them.

He did all of that before he moved up to Heavy.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cus was deceased for a year before Mike won the his first strap against Berbick.

=====

Let's forever dead this notion that Tyson wasn't in shape for the Douglas fight. The first image is Tyson vs. Spinks.

image.png

y.
tyson wasnt in shape. this isn't even debatable
he was dropped in sparring
a few hours before the fight he was having 3 somes with japanese women
weight doesn't mean you are in fighting shape
kevin rooney said he could tell tyson wasn't in boxing shape the second he stepped into the ring
he became very undisciplined and reckless once his life started to unravel

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

=====

Let's forever dead this notion that Tyson wasn't in shape for the Douglas fight.
A - he wasn't.
B - he knocked out Douglas and got saved by a super slow count
C - Jacobs and Cus were the two closest people in Mike's life. And yeah, losing them was a big deal in terms of the lack of guidance and structure that Mike got after they passed.

How can you seriously sit there and act like that is irrelevant to the way things wound up playing out for Mike's career and life?
:gucci:

Ultimately you judge the boxing record for what it is. But context is everything.

Daps
tyson wasnt in shape. this isn't even debatable
he was dropped in sparring
a few hours before the fight he was having 3 somes with japanese women
weight doesn't mean you are in fighting shape
kevin rooney said he could tell tyson wasn't in boxing shape the second he stepped into the ring
he became very undisciplined and reckless once his life started to unravel

You guys watch a Legendary Nights episode and think you know all the details of that sparring session. What you don't know and isn't mentioned is that Tyson KO'd Page the next round in sparring after the knockdown. How do I know that? My uncle and Tommy Brooks are good friends. That's not the first time Tyson got knocked down in sparring either. He got knocked down twice by Oliver McCall in sparring. Once before the Tubbs fight and once before the Williams fight.

Daps
A - he wasn't.
B - he knocked out Douglas and got saved by a super slow count
C - Jacobs and Cus were the two closest people in Mike's life. And yeah, losing them was a big deal in terms of the lack of guidance and structure that Mike got after they passed.

How can you seriously sit there and act like that is irrelevant to the way things wound up playing out for Mike's career and life?
:gucci:

Ultimately you judge the boxing record for what it is. But context is everything.

"Lies. Deceptions. Everyday more lies." - Saw Gerrera

Slow count, eh?

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys watch a Legendary Nights episode and think you know all the details of that sparring session. What you don't know and isn't mentioned is that Tyson KO'd Page the next round in sparring after the knockdown. How do I know that? My uncle and Tommy Brooks are good friends. That's not the first time Tyson got knocked down in sparring either. He got knocked down twice by Oliver McCall in sparring. Once before the Tubbs fight and once before the Williams fight.
i read his book
and numerous outside sources said he wasnt in shape
even his ex trainer
i don't no what else u want
he wasn't in shape, didnt take buster seriously, and had a new trainer who had no control over him

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude stop. Evander was expected to get slaughtered by Tyson as people thought he was through after the trilogy with Bowe and the lackluster performance against Bobby Czyz.

I cleaned up that night. I beat all the drug dealers talking that Tyson from the streets shyt.

:snoop: no breh. YOU stop. It's widely understood evander was roided up during those two fights. dude even looked like a completely different nicca from the bobby czyz fight to the tyson fight. in the czyz fight dude looked like a corpse, and then when he's fighting mike mans moving through punches like the juggarnaut lmao. and who gives a muthafucc about what you won or your story, the fucc that got to do with me?

I don't even care that tyson lost the fights, but I call a spade a spade. evander was roided out of his mind and cheating throughout the fights via constant headbutts.

375px-Holyfield_Czyz_1788459.jpg
evander-tyson-530x317.jpg
yer...no change in body shape at all huh :skip: dude went from a cruiserweight/small heavyweight to dwarfing tyson and being able to move him around the ring like a rag doll lmao

and this is WITHOUT even touching on his heart condition that nearly retired him and suggested cycles of heavy roiding...but his preacher and prayer got rid of that didn't it :troll::mjlol:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I'll take Tyson forever until someone as bonafide comes along. I was lucky enough to see many Tyson recorded fights on VHS and there's nothing like it. Too strong too fast too good.