Is the tech industry ANTI-BLACK by nature?

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Then get off the plantation and go for self. I don't know any highly advanced techs stuck doing helpdesk

The highly advanced techs are not doing helpdesk, just majority of your blacks

I don't think you know what and how hard it takes to start a tech company...especially for a black person that is just getting out of college etc..

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The highly advanced techs are not doing helpdesk, just majority of your blacks

I don't think you know what and how hard it takes to start a tech company...especially for a black person that is just getting out of college etc..
Then the black people that want to get out of helpdesk need to step their skillset up and get a new job because waiting on Trevor to take you under his wing and mold you may be a pipe dream. Take your life into your own hands because ain't no helpdesk guys stuck at helpdesk unless they want to be.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From @Drones comment in this thread...

These companies usually have low numbers of blacks in them. And usually the number of black employees at tech companies is the LOWEST compared to everyone else.

I think honestly the reason is so low is because most of them are working on stuff that we're not supposed to know and that we're not going to be able to participate in.

In other words, they are exclusionary on purpose.

Also check this out...Google has just hired the creator and founder of 4 you know what...to work for them.

***** Creator Christopher "moot" Poole Has Joined Google
:mjpls:

ALL industries are anti black.

yates

All Star
Daps
DID YOU KNOW??? Elements of the Cell Phone was invented by a Black man
Jul 29, 2014
DID YOU KNOW??? Elements of the Cell Phone was invented by a Black man...

Did you know that we have Henry Sampson to thank for the invention of the cell phone? He is the first African American to earn a Ph.D.in Nuclear Engineering in the United States. On July 6th, 1971, Henry T. Sampson invented the "gamma-electric cell", which pertains to Nuclear Reactor use.

Mobile Communications took a big step forward in 1983 with the invention of the Cellular System regulating the portable telephones, which use radio waves to transmit and receive audio signals. Before this time, mobile telephone service in the United States, consisting mainly of car phones, was extremely limited because metropolitan areas had only one antenna for these purposes.

He holds patents related to solid rocket motors and conversion of nuclear energy into electricity. He also pioneered a study of internal ballistics of solid rocket motors using high-speed photography.

He was also a producer of documentary films on early black filmmakers and films.

10aa367.jpg

Black men have been involved in a whole load of fields that are typically thought to have been of purely white influence, quiet as its kept :sas2:

Everybody knows about Thomas Edison and his invention of the light bulb, but what they don't know is that his shyt was inefficient and kept cutting of like every 15 minutes.

It took them to bring in a black man named Lewis Latimer to solve this issue by introducing a carbon filament to it:
250px-Lewis_latimer.jpg

Because of him, we can have our lightbulb on for hours or even days on end without it cutting off.

They don't teach this in black history month tho :mjpls:

Don't ever let anyone make u feel like blacks arent good enough for the tech industry.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You dudes keep spitting all these empty ideas about building your own and you don't even know the cost of the resources that is needed to fund a tech company lol.

I sit back and shake my head when yall spit that empty ass statement out.

You do know it takes $$$ and who holds the $$$ (banks/lending companies) (grants etc to fully fund your company)

It's hard to get these things for an average black man who is thinking about starting up a tech company on his own, if it was easy don't you think a lot of black company's would have been started with the amount of black folks that are in this field

I guess you think getting up outta the bed and going down to your local Treasury department and gettin a tax id and company logo will make it easy huh

I know it takes tons of money to build your own tech company and I know it isnt easy.... :comeon: I'm working on building my own media empire... but that's down the line. :youngsabo:

Fact of the matter is we need a network of likeminded individuals to set the infrastructure.

I'm not a self defeatest I am a thinker but I dont have the capital but i'm working on it...

The guy who made WSHH is an inspirational story, a black guy who made the shyt and never sold out...

It can be done... :ehh:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Let the lies stop about blacks don't pursue the tech industry
This.

Many black people are in tech, good with code, html, we have tons of IT people on this forum.

The problem isn't that black people aren't pursuing working for these companies in this industry...the problem is many in the tech industry refuse to hire them or just make creative reasons and ways to not hire them or put them in a position that doesn't apply the skills they have. In other words, like you said, they are undervalued.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
The reason black people have a difficult time in tech is the same reason we have problems in finance, law, education, and every other industry.

Because we don't own or control any of the tech companies, we have to put up with the discrimination that comes with asking your enemy to employ you. Until black men get off their asses and start building businesses that can employ the black men and women in the tech industry, this will never change.
And this is what it comes down to.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I think it's just reflective of the racism in our society:

1 The cac 'founders' generally can't get along with anyone, combination of shytty nerd social skills and a God complex. They are really only working with:
- Their boys who went to school w them. So that's demographics on Engineering and CS programs, generally at these universities that are focused on these programs e.g. Harvey Mudd, Stanford, Rice, etc.
- People they are taking advantage of.
- People the investors force them to hire.

2 Then it's the fact that most of these 'founders' are only making as much money as their last round of seed funding. And they are usually getting the first few rounds off of their parents and parents friends.

Edit: they're >> their
Also, it helps to take into consideration many of them simply don't know how to interact with black people...because they've never interacted with them before. Simply because they come from 90%+ white areas where they don't have to.

That's why they have diversity courses and "sensitivity training".

:francis:

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
I know it takes tons of money to build your own tech company and I know it isnt easy.... :comeon: I'm working on building my own media empire... but that's down the line. :youngsabo:

Fact of the matter is we need a network of likeminded individuals to set the infrastructure.

I'm not a self defeatest I am a thinker but I dont have the capital but i'm working on it...

The guy who made WSHH is an inspirational story, a black guy who made the shyt and never sold out...

It can be done... :ehh:

Good luck to you brotha

I got some ideas that I want to present to someone who is in that field,

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Also, it helps to take into consideration many of them simply don't know how to interact with black people...because they've never interacted with them before. Simply because they come from 90%+ white areas where they don't have to.

That's why they have diversity courses and "sensitivity training".

:francis:

100%

So even if they're trying to hire people to take advantage of.. It's probably not gonna be brehs because they make them uncomfortable.