Is there any logical reasons for employers to want workers back in the office

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
had a meeting with my supervisor and asked what do i need in the office that i cant from home (starting byke monday:mjcry:)

she literally juelzed and talked in circles for 30 minutes straight only to conclude...nothing....the jig is up like shyt

for the next two months i have to come in 2 days a week...which is fine..but if can be productive as i have been in that arrangement...what am i really going in 5 days a week for? that's the test:ehh:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many people in this thread would be cool paying a big ass mortgage/rent thats likely 5+ years on space you don’t use?

Somebody

All Star
Daps
People blow it off as not necessary, but there are a lot of irresponsible people out there fukking around at home and not getting their work done. Dudes on here were BRAGGING about fukking around all day and just checking in for meetings :mjlol:

I'm not a manager, but I've had some project management experience. Managers are trying to keep track of progress to report to higher ups and if someone's sitting at home pretending it's all hunky dory, they're going to want people back on site.

I love WFH, but I'm starting to worry it won't work long term.

EDIT: I don't know what all industries are like but my immediate boss I can see how much running around he has to do managing projects. He might not understand as well as devs, but he's taking the time to try and communicate issues between teams.
its been reported that production has not gone down. is that report wrong?

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
People blow it off as not necessary, but there are a lot of irresponsible people out there fukking around at home and not getting their work done. Dudes on here were BRAGGING about fukking around all day and just checking in for meetings :mjlol:

I'm not a manager, but I've had some project management experience. Managers are trying to keep track of progress to report to higher ups and if someone's sitting at home pretending it's all hunky dory, they're going to want people back on site.

I love WFH, but I'm starting to worry it won't work long term.

EDIT: I don't know what all industries are like but my immediate boss I can see how much running around he has to do managing projects. He might not understand as well as devs, but he's taking the time to try and communicate issues between teams.
I was fukking off when I was in the office. The only difference is I take naps in my bed instead of my car. We still don’t know if we will be hybrid or WFH permanently. The hire ups keep hinting how having people in the office will help with collaboration. My team actually increased productivity and accuracy while work from home. That is literally all we are graded on. Collaboration to me is somebody being in my face complaining about a client. I’ll pass.