Is there any logical reasons for employers to want workers back in the office

Somebody

All Star
Daps
Yes. People KNOW people either they're fukking around or they're doing it themselves. I think a lot of people are :dahell: at reports that production is the same for the same reason as me

I can't tell you how many people on our daily meetings are OBVIOUSLY driving somewhere

Did he contribute less because he was driving?

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
ive been working from home for the past year and honestly, i dont mind doing a mix of home and office :yeshrug:
This is pretty much how I was working before the pandemic. go to the office 2 days a week, and wfh the rest. Before that I had to travel to the client for a week, and then I'd just wfh for the next week, and I wouldn't even go into our home offices

I feel like one reason for employers wanting people back in the office is just for control. Sometimes, putting people in charge makes them feel like they need people to do what they say regardless of if it makes sense or not. I'm kind of interested in what this new remote landscape will look like for IT. People have to figure out all their device issues next day, more than likely. I feel sad for the office cafeteria though. Not always the greatest food, but the cafeteria employees are always cool ppls. Hook me up with double fries or something, but mark the box as regular.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Also, the funny thing is, I tend to daydream a lot, so I wind up not working a full 8 hours at the office if there's no urgent/interesting work

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
What I'm saying is that it doesn't matter.. all that shyt was already budgeted out years in advance. It's money already spent. It's cheaper to have an empty office than one where you're forcing people to go into as your attrition rate increases while productivity drops.

It cheaper for them to let people stay home. It's purely a power play.
How is that cheaper for the building owner who still has to pay for electricity and security for an empty building? Not to mention all the auxiliary people like the vending machine people and janitorial service.

There’s a reason why empty buildings become dilapidated. It makes no sense to cover the cost of an empty building.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
We have no more than 10 years before all these companies realize they can pay Indians in sandwiches to get the same quality of work done to maximize company X profits. If all of your work is online, why would I need to pay an American worker to do it when Indians charge $0.85c per hour :heh:

That’s why I’m working these two wfh jobs now as a straight cash grab to get ahead before we are all fkn outsourced. :mjcry:

Unemployed GM

All Star
Daps
People blow it off as not necessary, but there are a lot of irresponsible people out there fukking around at home and not getting their work done. Dudes on here were BRAGGING about fukking around all day and just checking in for meetings :mjlol:

I'm not a manager, but I've had some project management experience. Managers are trying to keep track of progress to report to higher ups and if someone's sitting at home pretending it's all hunky dory, they're going to want people back on site.

I love WFH, but I'm starting to worry it won't work long term.

EDIT: I don't know what all industries are like but my immediate boss I can see how much running around he has to do managing projects. He might not understand as well as devs, but he's taking the time to try and communicate issues between teams.

:russ:Breh we was fukking around not getting getting the job done when we was at work. Where you been at?

I will never go to work at an office
Again. That shyt is miserable.:manny: