Is there any logical reasons for employers to want workers back in the office

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
so you're convinced against the reports that production is down?

Yes. People KNOW people either they're fukking around or they're doing it themselves. I think a lot of people are :dahell: at reports that production is the same for the same reason as me

I can't tell you how many people on our daily meetings are OBVIOUSLY driving somewhere

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
How many people in this thread would be cool paying a big ass mortgage/rent thats likely 5+ years on space you don’t use?

We didn;t make the decision to mortgage a huge complex with no way to get out the contract did we in case of plague, virus or natural disaster... who's fault is that... company worth billions but cant break a lease... :mjlol:

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
How many people in this thread would be cool paying a big ass mortgage/rent thats likely 5+ years on space you don’t use?
Horrible analogy. People do this all the time. They're called vacation homes.

And it's actually cheaper to not have people in those spaces than to force them to be there when the don't want to be for a number of reasons.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Some of those businesses still paying rent on empty offices, it'd be obvious that they could just let the lease expire and not renew but they're using the office space and building maintenance as tax write offs

:manny:

I hate that people just throw around the term tax write off. They could use it as a tax write off with or without people in the office.

Moreover, some companies are flipping it into a second source of income by subletting the space.

From what I gather, employers are being quite flexible and looking at hybrid solutions. They save money when people are working at home, but there is still a need for oversight and I imagine people working from home presents a continuity risk (it is effective now because people know what they're doing. Things will be difficult with new recruits).

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
a7xb9vacbh371.png

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I'm able to work from home and they made my position permanent but I still go in once or twice a week just because being at home all day everyday is mind numbing.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
People are clamoring for work from home but there is a flip side, soon the companies will expect workers to be available 24/7 no more during “work hours”

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
jim the manager went to the office for the psat 25 years stuck in traffic 30 min every day

your azz will as well

• Dap
Reactions: DLo

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
jim the manager went to the office for the psat 25 years stuck in traffic 30 min every day

your azz will as well

This is basically it. Even though the data proves otherwise, they think productive employees need to be in the office.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Horrible analogy. People do this all the time. They're called vacation homes
People buy vacation homes knowing they’ll only be there for a portion of the year, that they’d be empty for most of the year.

Companies weren’t signing leases with the expectation that they would be empty.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
People buy vacation homes knowing they’ll only be there for a portion of the year, that they’d be empty for most of the year.

Companies weren’t signing leases with the expectation that they would be empty.
What I'm saying is that it doesn't matter.. all that shyt was already budgeted out years in advance. It's money already spent. It's cheaper to have an empty office than one where you're forcing people to go into as your attrition rate increases while productivity drops.

It cheaper for them to let people stay home. It's purely a power play.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Powers that be can sense you were getting too much of a taste of freedom.
They didn't take slaves daily trips off the plantation either.
Get back to work and be a nice effecient battery for the system:unimpressed:.