Is there any logical reasons for employers to want workers back in the office

Somebody

All Star
Daps
I was kinda joking

Many can do that, but WFH exposed a lot of useless layers of management.

I think it's mostly to make use of the office space. In due time, a mixed office/WFH will be promoted

thats what im saying. i think the office space holds an intrinsic value. my shot in the dark is its suppose to be mainly for events instead of working, but this country loves keeping morale low since the hegemony is godless.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you are a manager, they pay you a salary, often times 6 figures under the guise that you're needed to keep your employees productive and watch over them.

i personally think the manager role isn't completely obsolete at WFH. you still need someone to manage workloads/projects/teams/run meetings/relay info etc.

but a lot of their value/worth in a company is tied to perceived necessity of watching over people and making sure they are getting their work done.

i fully believe there are probably some people/teams that are less productive at home, but in general i think if your team has maintained or improved productivity then there's no reason to go back to the office. especially not more than a couple days a week.

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Some of those businesses still paying rent on empty offices, it'd be obvious that they could just let the lease expire and not renew but they're using the office space and building maintenance as tax write offs

:manny:

this.

also a lot of retail and corporate leases are 10,20+ years. Most companies not tryna take that L

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
People blow it off as not necessary, but there are a lot of irresponsible people out there fukking around at home and not getting their work done. Dudes on here were BRAGGING about fukking around all day and just checking in for meetings :mjlol:

I'm not a manager, but I've had some project management experience. Managers are trying to keep track of progress to report to higher ups and if someone's sitting at home pretending it's all hunky dory, they're going to want people back on site.

I love WFH, but I'm starting to worry it won't work long term.

EDIT: I don't know what all industries are like but my immediate boss I can see how much running around he has to do managing projects. He might not understand as well as devs, but he's taking the time to try and communicate issues between teams.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I'm cool with a hybrid approach. Couple days out, couple days in...

My job is mainly out in the community anyway. I'm really only at my desk/in office for meetings, and paperwork...and reupping supplies I need.

I like the interaction though. Talking to my coworkers, cracking jokes and hearing their stories