Is there anything lonelier than “Conscious” Black Men?

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
It’s extremely difficult to navigate this terrain with knowledge of self as a black man because it turns women off (Black, White, Or Hispanic) nothing gets a bytch p*ssy dryer than a black man speaking about systematic racism, it has alienated all of my friends because they think you’re too militant and you become the butt of all the Farrakhan Malcolm X dusty Hotep Jokes

The black man that understands the black community is desperate for true leadership and recognizes that opportunistic charlatans like Umar Johnson (Political) Tariq Nasheed (Knowledge) Boyce Watkins (Financial) Dr Sebi (Medical) have recognized the void and takes advantage and exploits all the while victim blaming and gaslighting the community

The black man who recognizes that altruistic “Black leadership” is dead along the lines of MLK Malcolm X Marcus Garvey etc... have been replaced by compromised double agents

The black man whose objective enough and knows his history enough to criticize democratic leadership and neoliberalism and recognize it’s insidious effects on the black community as well as lambasting conservative republican ideals and respectability politics

The black man that recognizes the black community is matriarchal and matrilineal and understands it’s effects on black male adolescence who are deprived of positive black role models and if you criticize the black women and her alliance with white feminism and it’s ideals you are gay or hate your mother

The black man that recognizes white supremacy is the root cause of black violence in the black community but doesn’t absolve black accountability in it’s perpetuation of said violence without being a “c00n”

Nah it's that you're a complainer that lives in constant victimhood that is the real turn off. Every Black person knows there is an issue. It's not prolific. But if you aren’t actively working to solve the issue then your words don't mean anything. People respect doer and not talkers.

Jesus Bhrist

All Star
Daps
Nah it's that you're a complainer that lives in constant victimhood that is the real turn off. Every Black person knows there is an issue. It's not prolific. But if you aren’t actively working to solve the issue then your words don't mean anything. People respect doer and not talkers.

I’ll keep that in mind...

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
gotta know your audience. if i'm around bird brain bytches (for whatever reason) i keep it simple. Try to actively seek out men and women who are more likely to be on your wavelength

i agree about the pushback about being conscious because a lot of folks got c00n energy or are lowkey racist themselves. Plus we are a anti-intellectual society in general. We only care about knowledge if it can be used to make money or weapons.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
:beli: Im from 80s Harlem. I seen nikkas murked, broad day, in they place of business, on whole BLOCKS they owned.

If you in these streets on that level, you can't be caught lacking. :francis: I hate to say it bc i appreciated Nipsey too, and the vibe he was bringing. Im sad he gone.

And yes, lapd was steady raiding him so he couldn't keep no (illegal) guns. I get it. But he coulda ran them same businesses without actually being there in person, no? At least until the security situation was taken care of. :ld:

Then if Nipsey rolled with a bunch of security it would be "oh he rolling with the police, he scared, where his crew at, he only tough cuz of his bodyguards" blah blah .. There's a crabs in a barrel mentality black folks have which stop us from growing and doing what we have to do to survive and be great. What's considered normal to other nationalities is frowned upon with us. So yeah, the end result in my opinion is fukk them nikkas, do you :yeshrug:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Then if Nipsey rolled with a bunch of security it would be "oh he rolling with the police, he scared, where his crew at, he only tough cuz of his bodyguards" blah blah .. There's a crabs in a barrel mentality black folks have which stop us from growing and doing what we have to do to survive and be great. What's considered normal to other nationalities is frowned upon with us. So yeah, the end result in my opinion is fukk them nikkas, do you :yeshrug:

:francis: Fcked up out here...

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
:beli: Im from 80s Harlem. I seen nikkas murked, broad day, in they place of business, on whole BLOCKS they owned.

The Nipsey "semi-active Crip rapper comes back to save the 'hood" model is by clear evidence, temporary, unrealistic and unsustainable.

But to your point about Harlem and memorable impact, I like to accentuate the positive (something that under-50 Black folk now struggle with on Olympic levels).

Look at Sylvia's Restaurant. Started by a young couple up from the South, and still standing with products today in Walmart.

A FAMILY-RUN (not "community"...not "'hood"...not "gang"...not "streets") enterprise.

Sylvia's has been around for over 50 years. Success is modeled after that which is permanent -- not temporary.

NIE-Sylvia_Woods_t580.png

61HqioH6hPL.jpg

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
That’s why all my friends are black and the women who I date are. In high school, I had 50% black and 50% others in my circle.

As you get older and more aware and combative against white supremacy, you’ll organically have a drop off in friends and acquaintances. It can feel lonely navigating this world feeling anger towards the constant injustice.

That’s why I can’t befriend anyone who’s in an interracial relationship. That tells me instantly you’re either still asleep or (even worse) you’re aware of racism but think you can fukk your way out of it.

They’re the worst because people with cognitive dissonance are the most evil.
Look at Trump Supporters, the perfect example of it. And add black Christians to it... how can you expect people who worship a white savior to be mentally against white supremacy, they’re already defeated.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Nipsey "semi-active Crip rapper comes back to save the 'hood" model is by clear evidence, temporary, unrealistic and unsustainable.

But to your point about Harlem and memorable impact, I like to accentuate the positive (something that under-50 Black folk now struggle with on Olympic levels).

Look at Sylvia's Restaurant. Started by a young couple up from the South, and still standing with products today in Walmart.

A FAMILY-RUN (not "community"...not "'hood"...not "gang"...not "streets") enterprise.

Sylvia's has been around for over 50 years. Success is modeled after that which is permanent -- not temporary.

NIE-Sylvia_Woods_t580.png

61HqioH6hPL.jpg

You have to consider the demographic you're catering to when operating a franchise.. That will ultimately determine your longevity in the business.. So you are spot on with your post..

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
You gotta be careful not to let the masses overal ignorance get you down.

For instance, we have an ex stripper who somehow feels like she has all of the answers trying to shyt on you for no reason. People have a wicked spirit and unfortunately not everyone is for the cause.

Stay in your truth bruv

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
It’s extremely difficult to navigate this terrain with knowledge of self as a black man because it turns women off (Black, White, Or Hispanic) nothing gets a bytch p*ssy dryer than a black man speaking about systematic racism, it has alienated all of my friends because they think you’re too militant and you become the butt of all the Farrakhan Malcolm X dusty Hotep Jokes

The black man that understands the black community is desperate for true leadership and recognizes that opportunistic charlatans like Umar Johnson (Political) Tariq Nasheed (Knowledge) Boyce Watkins (Financial) Dr Sebi (Medical) have recognized the void and takes advantage and exploits all the while victim blaming and gaslighting the community

The black man who recognizes that altruistic “Black leadership” is dead along the lines of MLK Malcolm X Marcus Garvey etc... have been replaced by compromised double agents

The black man whose objective enough and knows his history enough to criticize democratic leadership and neoliberalism and recognize it’s insidious effects on the black community as well as lambasting conservative republican ideals and respectability politics

The black man that recognizes the black community is matriarchal and matrilineal and understands it’s effects on black male adolescence who are deprived of positive black role models and if you criticize the black women and her alliance with white feminism and it’s ideals you are gay or hate your mother

The black man that recognizes white supremacy is the root cause of black violence in the black community but doesn’t absolve black accountability in it’s perpetuation of said violence without being a “c00n”

It has become lonely for the under-50 generations whom, for various reasons historical, technological (social media/dumb phones) and personal, are wallowing in unprecedented group depression.

Nobody want to hang out with Brother Depression or Black Charlie Brown.

1*Cavy9nCA0L5OjzNqIkZhug.jpeg

Instead, look at someone like Chuck D. He's been doing it on a high level for longer than many of the posters on this board have been alive. A legend and a success.

chuck-d-even-smaller-crop.jpg

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
You have to consider the demographic you're catering to when operating a franchise.. That will ultimately determine your longevity in the business.. So you are spot on with your post..

Know your audience...cater to your customers. The basics.

Whether its Sylvia's (the Woods family) or Walmart (the Walton family), families matter. The basics.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Know your audience...cater to your customers. The basics.

Whether its Sylvia's (the Woods family) or the Walmart (the Walton family), families matter. The basics.

And if people want an example..

Take into consideration the restaurant in Dallas that had the women twerking on the tables and sofas.. They admittedly said he shouldn't have played that music of he didn't want them twerking..

So what is a business owner supposed to do in the face of that information?