Isn't it kinda funny how Tomb Raider looks like an Uncharted clone?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The mature route theyre taking this tomb raider is awesome. This is like a combination of tombraider, uncharted and dead space.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Thread is :wtf: as hell. What does the "Uncharted" series bring to the table that wasn't already done in the OG "Tomb Raider" series?

"Tomb Raider" on the OG PS1 had action set pieces. The whole series has. "Uncharted" is a great series but it brought absolutely nothing new to the table aside from next gen polishing of game play mechanics that been around since '96.

The problem is "Uncharted" is a next gen "Tomb Raider", and so is this new game. But "Tomb Raider" came first so :stopitslime:

Fred.
so the original Tomb Raider was a series of over the top action set pieces stacked one after another like this new Tomb Raider apparently is?

like i said i never played any of the original series. i tried Angel of Darkness or something like that but i didn't like it but it seemed to have a premise of being a treasure hunter exploring dungeons looking for treasure.

don't get me wrong i'm buying this game day one but it looks like a straight up Uncharted rip off. Uncharted desperately wants to be a big budget Hollywood production in video game form. its not even really about game play as much as its about cinematics and stitching together a bunch of over the top set pieces.

wasn't Tomb Raider an adventure game about exploration and puzzles? in this new game if it stared Nathan Drake it could be called Uncharted 4 and nobody would notice. i'm pretty sure if you lifted Lara Croft and stuck her in an Uncharted game actual Tomb Raider fans would complain that its not a Tomb Raider game at all. in fact many of them already are.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
so the original Tomb Raider was a series of over the top action set pieces stacked one after another like this new Tomb Raider apparently is?

like i said i never played any of the original series. i tried Angel of Darkness or something like that but i didn't like it but it seemed to have a premise of being a treasure hunter exploring dungeons looking for treasure.

don't get me wrong i'm buying this game day one but it looks like a straight up Uncharted rip off. Uncharted desperately wants to be a big budget Hollywood production in video game form. its not even really about game play as much as its about cinematics and stitching together a bunch of over the top set pieces.

wasn't Tomb Raider an adventure game about exploration and puzzles?

Breh, the game ain't even out yet. If you're judging the entire game based on 2-3 trailers of course the shyt looks like nonstop action. They're cutting trailers to get people hyped up.

I copped the OG "Tomb Raider" the day it came out for the Sega Saturn. I'm very well versed when it comes to the series. Trust me, "Uncharted" bit off "Tomb Raider", not the other way around. It was called "Dude Raider" for a reason.

The problem is you haven't played the OG games, so you have a wrong impression of the series.

The first couple games in the series was exploring tombs and lost civilizations. The later games (after 3) she was in the exact same kinda situations as Drake, fighting off goons, getting into shoot outs, vehicle chases, shyt blowing up, big action set pieces, etc. This was still years before "Uncharted" came out.

Fred.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Man cats are gonna really be in here hating on Lara Croft? Tomb Raider used to be my shyt on ps, I remember 3 being good too.

The trailer was ill as shyt Im also loving how movie like these games are getting. Seems this is a prequel as well gonna be epic running around with the bow trying to survive out there.

All these new games dont really make me wanna drop loot on em the first night, but this is gonna be the first non sports game I get first night in awhile:ohlawd:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I actualy didn't like uncharted cause I thought it did a bad job at being a tomb raider clone. Hopefully the new tomb raider can take some of the set pieces, and smooth animation of uncharted, but keep the adventure/exploration/puzzles of the good tomb raider games.

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States

wasn't Tomb Raider an adventure game about exploration and puzzles? in this new game if it stared Nathan Drake it could be called Uncharted 4 and nobody would notice. i'm pretty sure if you lifted Lara Croft and stuck her in an Uncharted game actual Tomb Raider fans would complain that its not a Tomb Raider game at all. in fact many of them already are.
Bruh, in fact many of them already are you say :what:
Did they mentally play the game via Unamerican Dreams and the psychological prowess was just :wow:

Otherwise, GTFOH
I actualy didn't like uncharted cause I thought it did a bad job at being a tomb raider clone. Hopefully the new tomb raider can take some of the set pieces, and smooth animation of uncharted, but keep the adventure/exploration/puzzles of the good tomb raider games.
Uncharted is a shooter first, everything else 2nd. Tomb Raider is a strategy game with shooting elements sprinkled out to make a complete experience
The fact uncharted had something else to do besides shoot is what has ppl making comparisons. But Uncharted's puzzle elements are kind wack.
Elaborate, but wack imo.

Jixson

Pro
Daps
Reppin
League of Legends
Oh. the people complaining about her huge t*ts missing in this game.

I believe this is supposed to be when she is young. Like 16-19 or so. Also, they went away from them a few games ago to be more realistic.

I never finished Anniversary(I made it to the T-Rex to be honest), but Tomb Raider 1 was fukking balls hard. I beat it eventually, but I was stuck in those Pyramid Levels(where you fought those giant kinda zombie/mummy things) and the Gods Temple zone forever. The Sword fell on my god damn head so many times.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Ya'll actin like Tomb Raider back in the day was Lara running around a bunch of set pieces with bricks breaking away and linear combat and shyt? Cmon son. this shyt is ripping off the UC series like a motherfukker. Not saying it wont be entertaining, but...stop.

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
Ya'll actin like Tomb Raider back in the day was Lara running around a bunch of set pieces with bricks breaking away and linear combat and shyt? Cmon son. this shyt is ripping off the UC series like a motherfukker. Not saying it wont be entertaining, but...stop.

The only thing this has in common with Uncharted is what, both being adventurers? :wtf:
Basically, you will say any game is copying uncharted if it has cut-scenes :stopitslime:
Like Uncharted is this original idea that didn't borrow elements from plenty of different games before it?
MGS PS1 is the cut-scene game that started this shyt, and even that statement isn't exactly true... but nobody did it like that prior to it (at least not on consoles)
Uncharted is trying to be GEARS for pete's sake, how you gonna give uncharted credit for shyt :snoop:
This game isn't even a heavy shooter, uncharted is strictly a shooter
This game, we haven't seen Laura use a single gun yet :stopitslime:
This game will be more like a mix between Uncharted and Last of Us
Only difference? Uncharted really bullshytted on the puzzles. Uncharted 1 tried to be a puzzle/adventure game.. but didn't try to be Tomb Raider with the puzzles
The puzzles and bosses seemed tacked on in UC2, but the presentation and action made it not matter
So when UC3 came out, it lacked everything. NO bosses. No memorable puzzles
Naughtydog never finished there games. UC1 had you fight a single guy :snoop:
UC2 had a really nice end boss scenario... but weak bosses thru out.
The snowbeast.... really? It was scary at first, but after it was done?
WEAK
UC3 I guess they said fukk it, we'll just not do that

None of this will be a problem with this game. Bosses, puzzles, substance :yes:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:dwillhuh:

The fukk are you talking about? "Tomb Raider" had vehicle chases, action set pieces, shoot outs....literally everything "Uncharted" has, before "Uncharted". If you want to sit here and split hairs and say "well, Uncharted series has more set pieces"....who cares? The fact of the matter is anything....literally anything....that "Uncharted" does, "Tomb Raider" did first.

The fact that this is even a point of contention is :wtf:

"Uncharted" was called "Dude Raider" by the fans and media. Why do you think that is?

Fred.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
You nikkas are dense an catching feelings for no fukking reason. You are a MORON if you think this even resembles what the TR series used to be. Did you see the VGA trailer? fukking dubstep. And a gigantic oil rig set piece. Shut the fukk up and get over it. Yeah, UC Is a shooter. No shyt. Practically every game is nowadays. But a lot of it also is play forming around extremely linear set pieces with the occasional puzzle thrown In for good measure. The only reason people called it Dude Raider is because it was a dude in the first game in a jungle setting looking for artifacts. Not because the games gameplay were similar or anything, because they weren't similar in the fukking slightest, in all honesty, except for the fact that both main characters could jump on shyt and occasionally shot shyt.

Get ya fukkin mind right