Isn't it kinda funny how Tomb Raider looks like an Uncharted clone?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
You nikkas are dense an catching feelings for no fukking reason. You are a MORON if you think this even resembles what the TR series used to be. Did you see the VGA trailer? fukking dubstep. And a gigantic oil rig set piece. Shut the fukk up and get over it. Yeah, UC Is a shooter. No shyt. Practically every game is nowadays. But a lot of it also is play forming around extremely linear set pieces with the occasional puzzle thrown In for good measure. The only reason people called it Dude Raider is because it was a dude in the first game in a jungle setting looking for artifacts. Not because the games gameplay were similar or anything, because they weren't similar in the fukking slightest, in all honesty, except for the fact that both main characters could jump on shyt and occasionally shot shyt.

Get ya fukkin mind right

:what: im assuming you never played Tomb Raider: Legend

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You nikkas are dense an catching feelings for no fukking reason. You are a MORON if you think this even resembles what the TR series used to be. Did you see the VGA trailer? fukking dubstep. And a gigantic oil rig set piece. Shut the fukk up and get over it. Yeah, UC Is a shooter. No shyt. Practically every game is nowadays. But a lot of it also is play forming around extremely linear set pieces with the occasional puzzle thrown In for good measure. The only reason people called it Dude Raider is because it was a dude in the first game in a jungle setting looking for artifacts. Not because the games gameplay were similar or anything, because they weren't similar in the fukking slightest, in all honesty, except for the fact that both main characters could jump on shyt and occasionally shot shyt.

Get ya fukkin mind right

:snoop:

The fukk does dubstep have to do with anything?

There was action set pieces in the first "Tomb Raider". There was vehicle chases/shoot outs in the 2nd game. A whole fukking building blew up in the first game, so :wtf: at you saying "an oil rig set piece!" as if action set pieces haven't been a part of the series from day 1.

"What Tomb Raider used to be"....the fukk are you talking about? It used to be the shyt you're saying, for around 2-3 games. Every game after that had more set pieces, more action, and less and less exploration.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o1nDqsOInk&feature=player_detailpage#t=472s]Tomb Raider Legend Walkthrough part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

That was "Legend" a year before "Uncharted" came out. This is why it was called "Dude Raider", not the bullshyt you're talking about.

What "Tomb Raider" games have you played, exactly? I mean actually played through, not watched videos on Youtube. You sound like a person that never even played the series.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And right on que, a QTE sequence straight out of UC lmao. They turned this shyt into a cover shooter.

There was QTE in "Legend" which came out a year before "Uncharted". :snoop:

Jesus Christ, do any of you people know what you're talking about?

Fred.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
:snoop:

The fukk does dubstep have to do with anything?

There was action set pieces in the first "Tomb Raider". There was vehicle chases/shoot outs in the 2nd game. A whole fukking building blew up in the first game, so :wtf: at you saying "an oil rig set piece!" as if action set pieces haven't been a part of the series from day 1.

"What Tomb Raider used to be"....the fukk are you talking about? It used to be the shyt you're saying, for around 2-3 games. Every game after that had more set pieces, more action, and less and less exploration.

Tomb Raider Legend Walkthrough part 1 - YouTube

That was "Legend" a year before "Uncharted" came out. This is why it was called "Dude Raider", not the bullshyt you're talking about.

What "Tomb Raider" games have you played, exactly? I mean actually played through, not watched videos on Youtube. You sound like a person that never even played the series.

Fred.

No, I never played Legend. So fukking what. The only thing similar to UC in this is that she climbs shyt and shoots people with guns. Watch the live stream I posted, you fukking moron. This shyt is a cover shoter now. This shyt is loaded with QTE segments. Its not Tomb RAider anymore. The end. I don't give a fukk what came out a year before. When people think Tomb Raider, the majority think 1-Chronicles anyways.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
No, I never played Legend. So fukking what. The only thing similar to UC in this is that she climbs shyt and shoots people with guns. Watch the live stream I posted, you fukking moron. This shyt is a cover shoter now. This shyt is loaded with QTE segments. Its not Tomb RAider anymore. The end. I don't give a fukk what came out a year before. When people think Tomb Raider, the majority think 1-Chronicles anyways.

you clearly need to go back and play the games before you comment :huhldup:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well damn. Guess Legend did have QTE. Had no clue they had changed the series so much after the first 5 or so games. Got me there. But was the game a goddamn cover shooter in Legend as well?

So let me get this straight.

"Tomb Raider" bit off "Uncharted" because of a single aspect, cover shooting, but you're ignoring everything "Tomb Raider" did first before "Uncharted" even existed? :snoop:

By that logic "Uncharted" bit off "Gears of War". They both got cover shooting, right?

This thread is full of two types of people. Ones that played "Tomb Raider" and ones that have no fukking idea what they're talking about.

Fred.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I haven't seen a single puzzle. The shyt is a cover shooter. She's supposed to be 19, and she's taking out armed trained mercenaries with a bow and arrow and an AK. Heavy QTEs.

I mean, she even climbed up the tower, and one of the legs in the ladder started falling away :lolbron:

:stopitslime:

Even the art direction screams UC. I mean, say all you want about Legend, but their "reboot" of the series isn't even the same series most of us grew up with. They talked about the waypoint system and hyped it up, but there seems to be no real use for it, because the shyt looks linear as fukk. Blah blah Legends had all this shyt, so what? Does that make it Tomb Raider? It needs fukking puzzles. Open adventure and exploration. Not to be littered with cutscenes and trying to be another movie game. Eat it up if you want, muhfukkas. It looks like Uncharted. It plays like Uncharted.

I repeat: WATCH THE NEW FOOTAGE ON IGN. http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/12/01/ign-live-presents-tomb-raider

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I watched the new footage. It looks exactly like "Legend", which you've never played. Stop posting already. :snoop:

Fred.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I watched the new footage. It looks exactly like "Legend", which you've never played. Stop posting already. :snoop:

Fred.

Sorry, breh, but the Tomb Raider I grew up with wasn't a shytty linear cover shooter with QTE's and 10 min long cut scenes. And nobody in that department really compares to Naughty Dog. This shyt looks like they're trying to jump in there and swoop all the Uncharted fans with the "movie" type game. This nikka just said how they're trying to give you the feeling how you're in a movie and shyt. Basically a push forward and press X type game. Pathetic. Legend sounds like a shytty game for real then. They should just go back to how it was and stop dumbing it down.