IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Daps
Honestly, it's just company culture. As long as I meet my deadline, I don't get bothered much. The biggest thing is the traveling. Lately, I haven't been travel due to most clients being cloud heavy but from july to november, I was traveling every two weeks and I had no work life balance. It takes a toll but I am not micro managed at all.

Look at jobs that require your CISA. Check my old posts. It could be as simple as you getting your security plus or having to grind and grind with various certs, labs to get what you want.
A cisa certification requires 5 years of IT experience though. Im trying to look at a certification that can get me a good paying job with no experience and then I can hustle from there, Im trying to get to a place of comfortability and stability first.

Daps
Automation -> Powershell + SQL
Do you have any specific certs I should look for? Sorry, I'm new to it all. Willing to work for it just need a guiding hand from people who are already on the path. I already have a degree but it's unrelated to IT/computer related skill sets.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
Do you have any specific certs I should look for? Sorry, I'm new to it all. Willing to work for it just need a guiding hand from people who are already on the path. I already have a degree but it's unrelated to IT/computer related skill sets.
Sorry, no specific certs for automation. A couple of my friends got corporate gigs due to their programming skills in PS and knowledge of SQL. Only qualification they needed to get hired into the IT department was Security+.

Daps
Sorry, no specific certs for automation. A couple of my friends got corporate gigs due to their programming skills in PS and knowledge of SQL. Only qualification they needed to get hired into the IT department was Security+.
Gotcha. I know SQL is pretty big. I have played around with it but definitely need to build my skills in that.

Someone told me a CIPP cert is instant 6 figure status. But it seems more geared towards lawyers/ people trying to pair it with network security.