It's a damn shame what happened to Lupe Fiasco

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Got this thing where I pick an artist for a day and just bump their entire discography. Couldn't make it past The Cool. What a waste of a talented artist. I can understand growing with your audience or maturing as an artist but this nikka has went completely off the reservation. He don't fukk with his old production team anymore or something? shyt just seems soulless to me now

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got this thing where I pick an artist for a day and just bump their entire discography. Couldn't make it past The Cool. What a waste of a talented artist. I can understand growing with your audience or maturing as an artist but this nikka has went completely off the reservation. He don't fukk with his old production team anymore or something? shyt just seems soulless to me now

The cool is my shiit. After that, straight :trash: minus a few tracks. Lasers had like 3 tracks that I still bump.

Red Maverick II

Special A Class Hunter
Daps
Food & Liquor and The Cool are kinda corny, too, in retrospect :ld:

:whoa:

Food & Liquor was the first CD that got me back into buying albums.

The nikka was so nice I had to cop that shyt. I thought he was gonna be the one to save the game.

And I actually like The Cool way more than F&L. The concept had me :mindblown: The only song I couldn't stand was Go Go Gadget Flow, but even that grew on me.

Lupe Da Gawd :bow:

notorious8562

Sine Metu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hate if you want, but I continue to eat well off of his albums/mixtapes (except for the majority of Lasers). He makes some poor decisions with beats/hooks; the lyricism is still :ohlawd:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I think Lupe has lost his mind. Industry politics has killed this mans spirit. Look at this fool now :snoop:

tumblr_mi15p34D1v1qze5gko1_500.jpg

:snoop:

I still bump this track on the regular tho

Last edited by a moderator:

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
:whoa:

Food & Liquor was the first CD that got me back into buying albums.

The nikka was so nice I had to cop that shyt. I thought he was gonna be the one to save the game.

And I actually like The Cool way more than F&L. The concept had me :mindblown: The only song I couldn't stand was Go Go Gadget Flow, but even that grew on me.

Lupe Da Gawd :bow:

The Cool has some downright awful beats, and some of those concepts are :gag: Pretending to be a cheeseburger? Really? And let's be real: Dumb it Down isn't about anything :smh:

Now, F&L isn't a bad album by any stretch, but a lot of the hooks come off corny to me, now. Daydreaming, Sunshine, American Terrorist (Matthew Santos :huhldup:), etc. :yeshrug:

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
When I think about what dude used to be it always leaves me :mindblown:

That's why to me dude is the new Mos Def :lolbron: