It's a damn shame what happened to Lupe Fiasco

BlackDroog

All Star
Daps
B*tch Bad is a great song though. Lasers was trash and too pop. Lupe should just go indie and do what he wants. you can tell there was too much "Label" influence on his last 2 albums.

But as far as the fashion and being weird for no reason...remember that Common went through that phase as well (electric circus) then dropped 3 classics a few years later. there's still hope for Lupe.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
B*tch Bad is a great song though. Lasers was trash and too pop. Lupe should just go indie and do what he wants. you can tell there was too much "Label" influence on his last 2 albums.

But as far as the fashion and being weird for no reason...remember that Common went through that phase as well (electric circus) then dropped 3 classics a few years later. there's still hope for Lupe.

No it wasn't.

The message alone couldn't carry how TRASH that shyt sounded. :mjpls:

pon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Lupe has lost his mind. Industry politics has killed this mans spirit. Look at this fool now :snoop:

tumblr_mi15p34D1v1qze5gko1_500.jpg

:snoop:

I still bump this track on the regular tho

Lupe Fiasco - Streets On Fire - YouTube

that track is godly

H.S.

All Star
Daps
It's crazy how fast y'all turn on artists you used to champion.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:whoa:

Food & Liquor was the first CD that got me back into buying albums.

The nikka was so nice I had to cop that shyt. I thought he was gonna be the one to save the game.

thats when i was young, i was like :gladbron: i look at him now like :snoop: too bad

but i still dont understand why so many people like the cool over food and liquor. f and l is so classic. the cool got throwaways like go baby on it. the cheeseburger song was kinda corny lookin back. f and l you can play straight through. the cool is still an amazing album but its not seeing f and l in my catalog. i used to have the coolest memorized :to: rest in peace old lupe

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
thats when i was young, i was like :gladbron: i look at him now like :snoop: too bad

but i still dont understand why so many people like the cool over food and liquor. f and l is so classic. the cool got throwaways like go baby on it. the cheeseburger song was kinda corny lookin back. f and l you can play straight through. the cool is still an amazing album but its not seeing f and l in my catalog. i used to have the coolest memorized :to: rest in peace old lupe

Yeah the end of the Cool album was weak. That's when he starting experimenting with that corny sound. The leaked version of F&L and the retail version was :ohlawd: status

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Dude lacks direction, musically. He doesn't fukk with the people he made his best music with. But, imo, he also lacks the creativity he used to have. Call it corny, but I'll take him rhyming from the POV of a cheeseburger over him sounding like the average Higher Learning poster over struggle beats. Then he'll try to recapture his jaded fans by trying to drop a super lyrical track but those tracks come off forced as hell; nowhere near as effortless sounding like Failure, Pen and the Needles, Mean and Vicious, etc.

Durrbrowski

Durrbrowski
Daps
He's destroyed his box. He's not marketable for mainstream or for America period anymore. doesn't necessarily make him wack. in my opinion it makes him brave for doing what he wants without **** ridin the corporate monster like Gnauze and Camel. Dude is doing Punk music and the kids are eatin it up. Lupe's the upper echelon don.

matter fact. just go to rapgenius.com or whatever and look up the lyrics to ...lets say. Braveheart. off F&L II. Then find me another example of a rapper in the past 10 years that wrote lyrics that crazy. Braveheart, or All Black Everything, which was released on that corporate pimped Lasers. No one's touching it. fact.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

This, I actually replay Lasers more than the cool. But yeah, it's sad what happened to his rap style. Maybe he can reconnect with Gemstones and drop some heat. He's still eating better than me though. :manny:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Lasers was the only wack shyt lupe released. Fnl2 was def not wack.

the first 7 or 8 songs were fire and had ya boy like :whew:

the second half of the album was up and down, so overall it was alright

edit: matter of fact lookin at the track list again, only hood now and form follows function are the only tracks that i mess with after put em up.