It's a damn shame what happened to Lupe Fiasco

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
His bars are still better than 95% of the game...The problem I have is that his production choices don't do them justic..He's not perfect by any means but he tries...

Lupe reminds me of the nerd dude from the hood that goes off to Yale law school, can't cut it and ends up dropping out after his 2nd year and coming back to community college..And most rap fans are the bum n1ggas shootin dice infront of the liquor store, not working, still livin with their grandma, eatin Church's chicken 3 times a day clownin that college dropout nerd for being a failure...

The bottomline to me is

smart dumb n1ggas>>> dumb dumb n1ggas

N1ggas that try and fail, will always receive more ridicule than n1ggas that just go along with the crowd...Even with his inaccuracies and misguided points of view, his lyrics often spark a broader conversation...

Romell

Superstar
Daps

He never left. A lot of cats just stopped listening.

Last edited:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
oddly enough, I liked Lasers but I can def see how anybody would sh!t on it due to the weird production.

shyt on it might be a strong word but with the first two efforts, they just came across as these cohesive, effortless projects that were just so out of this world that just put Lupe at a level that was so above his peers and especially where he's at musically now. I've copped Lasers and F&L 2 but that was more out of hope that I'd get that old Lupe. They haven't been able to draw me in as a listener due to 1) production & 2) the fact that Lupe just seems like he doesn't care anymore. Dude could be the voice of a generation but he just seems like he threw his hands in the air and said "fukk it!"

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya streets of fire is the hardest lupe ever spit..he ripped that shyt..I think the last real good lupe song was "I'm beaming" ..that's just my opinion..

Lupe Fiasco - I'm Beamin - YouTube
Not gonna say this is the last lupe esque track, but i cant forget how hype this shyt got me. Had be believing in lasers. I mean, all he had to do is drop the 3rd album hot and he woulda solidified his spot in hip hop, but then he dropped that hot garbage. Its like he didnt wanna have the top spot and said fukk it.

Some nikkas get to eating and get full. Lupe aint hungry no more. Its funny how drake named drop him in that new track to, i mean seriously, Lupe was next up and he blew it on purpose :snoop:

drizzy said:
My weight up, I refuse to wait up, I started a new race
It's funny when you think a nikka blew up after Lupe

That line speaks it. Lupe was about to change hip hop everything was aligned , and then he just bowed out. Its a shame

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I still think he'll eventually make a comeback with the music and lyrical ability we all had hoped from him.

But probably not for a couple of more years, he's still gotta go through this phase.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Not gonna say this is the last lupe esque track, but i cant forget how hype this shyt got me. Had be believing in lasers. I mean, all he had to do is drop the 3rd album hot and he woulda solidified his spot in hip hop, but then he dropped that hot garbage. Its like he didnt wanna have the top spot and said fukk it.

Some nikkas get to eating and get full. Lupe aint hungry no more. Its funny how drake named drop him in that new track to, i mean seriously, Lupe was next up and he blew it on purpose :snoop:

That line speaks it. Lupe was about to change hip hop everything was aligned , and then he just bowed out. Its a shame

i dont see how anyone can listen to light blue and think he doesn't sound hungry

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I think the beef with the label and the constant delay of Lasers (which probably wasnt the album that he originally made) just made him wary of rap and just saying fukk it and doing what the label wants so he can get release dates. All of a sudden he is releasing this subpar music that the figureheads probably like and he is about to get his third album in three years. After not being able to release one for almost 4 years.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He dropped alot of jewelz on the last album.

Weave the most wanted Angelina Jolies
And Morgan Frees
Send it around the room like we smoking trees
But it's no purple in the circle then there ain't no rolling
Bees just spoken words, thought provoking reeds
Hydro, I'm still strolling on the seas
Aloe, like the lotion from the leaves
And to achieve it took a lot of token like Chuck E. Cheese
All without touching weed
But I'm still hungry and I'm having lunch for three
This is my form, now what the function be

:ohlawd:

notorious8562

Sine Metu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He dropped alot of jewelz on the last album.

And Morgan Frees
Send it around the room like we smoking trees
But it's no purple in the circle then there ain't no rolling
Bees just spoken words, thought provoking reeds
Hydro, I'm still strolling on the seas
Aloe, like the lotion from the leaves
And to achieve it took a lot of token like Chuck E. Cheese
All without touching weed
But I'm still hungry and I'm having lunch for three
This is my form, now what the function be

:ohlawd:
That entire song is crazy. My favorite part is that he continued with the theme from verse 2 to verse 3

End of verse 2:
That's why I never really trust unless it's Lu endorsed
Sponsored by me and of course you know who enforced
Now that's three mis, like you warming up your vocal chords
Add a fourth if your vocals hoarse
Like Mister Ed
Get out of pocket have a horse's head in your bed
Now that's what I call a good night's rest

Verse 3:
And now my vocals warm
Add a fifth and a sixth now I'm ready to perform
The Buddhist said that I am not reformed
If I ever be reborn I keep coming back as me
Well don't forget the other five as we
And Morgan Frees

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
I swear y'all nikkaz act fraud like the people who like Pac but only know AEOM, Biggie but only mention "juicy" and so forth. You stan fuccn 2014 Jay-z & vouch for migos, future & young thug :scusthov: Just be honest how the fuk y'all sayin Lu GAWD fell off but you're doin the aforementioned? :mindblown:LMFAO wtf

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I think Lupe has lost his mind. Industry politics has killed this mans spirit. Look at this fool now :snoop:

tumblr_mi15p34D1v1qze5gko1_500.jpg

:snoop:

I still bump this track on the regular tho

:laff: