It's a damn shame what happened to Lupe Fiasco

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Prime Lupe was just something else.....one of my favorite rappers for a while. those fahrenheit mix tapes, F&L original leak and retire.....I feel like the Cool was dope but that was the ending right there

He drops heat every now and then but I fell like Chilly going to jail changed him

I love Double Burger with Cheese...

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Even Lasers and F&L 2 had their moments and he still has interestng and important concepts (Words I Never Said, in retrospect probably a hell of a lot more relevant a concious single than people care for)

But yeah, I mean he should be firmly right there with the same fanbase with J Cole and Kendrick as the next generation to carry the Nas and Jay-Z respected lyricist with mass appeal mantra. Some would say he did and he has, he does have a lot of white fans and mainstream fans but he seems to be creativley just floating there and not be precise. Even SLR 2 showed he's still got it. He's just got to want and in that aspect he doesnt want to

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
:whoa:

Food & Liquor was the first CD that got me back into buying albums.

The nikka was so nice I had to cop that shyt. I thought he was gonna be the one to save the game.

And I actually like The Cool way more than F&L. The concept had me :mindblown: The only song I couldn't stand was Go Go Gadget Flow, but even that grew on me.

Lupe Da Gawd :bow:
go go gadget flow was wack then and wack now but i agree with all of this... he had a decent mixtape after that lazers fiasco (no pun intended) but im beaming on lazers was my shyt

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, Lupe's career is kind of disappointing. I thought he found himself with The Cool. I mean it was that perfect blend of mainstream and his own style. The Cool is probably in my top 10 albums of all time.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Still my favorite rapper, but I'm just been waiting for this dude to get off twitter and drop some gems. Hopefully TY will be food to eat

Lost His Smile

Stop Existing.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 12th Dimension
I remember when during that year The Cool dropped I later copped the album during the summer and I probably played it just as much as Tha Cater III, but preferred The Cool.

Just give us The Cool II :feedme:.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still my favorite rapper, but I'm just been waiting for this dude to get off twitter and drop some gems. Hopefully TY will be food to eat
I remember when during that year The Cool dropped I later copped the album during the summer and I probably played it just as much as Tha Cater III, but preferred The Cool.

Just give us The Cool II :feedme:.
let us pray brehs :wow:

Lost His Smile

Stop Existing.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 12th Dimension
let us pray brehs :wow:

3661901854_7c2a2dce9b.jpg

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
Breh anyone remember the hamster thread about Lupe cheeseburger concept and the first reply was about his CD not selling?

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I notice that in every Lupe thread there's a bunch of whiteboys that don't post often, and the Coli's worst poster @intilectual reciprocal, that pop up and try to be big up the garbage he's been putting out for over 5 years now.