It’s a Myth: Black People DO Support Black Owned Business in their Neighborhoods

How many Black Businesses in your Hood?

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 1-2

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 3-5

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 6-10

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 10+

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

ozzy

Pro
Daps
In my area there's not much of black business because most of them round my area have restaurant business but I do go there anyway most of my money goes to homeless black people when I see them I give them money. Anyway mostly depends on who because some of them be giving attitude like I did something wrong.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Damn this is hard cause once you get into ownership you may never see the owner. I also live in a city thats 75-80% AA so All I see when I walk in most places around my folks house are other AA's:patrice:

Places that are black owned far as I know...:hubie:
  • 1 discount shoe store
  • 1 "urban" clothing store
  • 3+/- daycares/preschools(shyt ton of black owned daycares/preschools in my city)
  • at least 3 barbershops
  • at least 3 beautyshops
  • 1 rib spot
  • 1 chicken spot franchise
  • 1 soulfood spot
  • at least 3 hair supply stores
  • at least 4 churches

I know you said no contractors(not clear why especially in this day and age)
  • but I know of an electrician(my uncle)
  • My family rents out homes as well(my grandaddy's properties - not sure how many properties the family owns though)
  • There are a fair amount of lawn services also. you see the signs/them working but not a building(assume home business)

I suspect I'm leaving out alot of stuff cause there are so many small outfits that I "suspect" are black owned.
Note: I'm not talking about my entire city cause there are a ton from...
  • cleaning services, painters, lawyers, & mechanics
to
  • private school, construction/engineering firms & bank.

Last edited:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
when I lived in the hood I went to black owned:
convenience stores
grocery stores
barbershops
mechanics
etc...

The problem is anything outside of that type of stuff you're going to be going to non-black businesses unless you have the time and energy to search and have products shipped in to you. But if the businesses are there, then black people are going to them. At least that was my experience.