It’s a Myth: Black People DO Support Black Owned Business in their Neighborhoods

How many Black Businesses in your Hood?

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 1-2

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 3-5

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 6-10

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 10+

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
Serious question, because people keep talking about supporting black business and AAs need to support each other, and all these black people need to support each other....:wow:

So, how many business do you know in your neighborhood that are actually black owned?

I don’t mean business that are being operated day to day by black people in your neighborhood, I mean the entire business is owned by a black person.

This isn’t meant to be insulting or divisive. I’m legit curious to know neighborhood by neighborhood, Coli poster by poster, how many black owned business are in your hood?

What type of business is it, if it is black owned.

Not interested if you support it or not. Not interested if it is a good or bad business, just want to know what is black owned and what type of business is it (I.e barbershop)

Don’t have to give your whole city. Just only interested in the business around your home, in your general area. Business with a physical officer or building. Not talking about independent contractors who work out of various places. I mean a permenant business in the same spot everyday

For example,

Got 6 babershops, 8 hair salons, 5 fast food restaurants, 3 African supply stores, and that’s it for my general area, everything else is not black owned, but got black people running it or working there

Last edited:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Well I live in a mixed neighborhood, majority are Hispanics so they got it on lock down. But there are a few Black businesses in the area I've seen. Barbershops, a bar, African store.

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
Well I live in a mixed neighborhood, majority are Hispanics so they got it on lock down. But there are a few Black businesses in the area I've seen. Barbershops, a bar, African store.
That’s what I’m thinking is going to be the norm:ohhh:

I’m curious about this. So how many would you say in total around your home. Don’t go too far out and do the entire city, just around your general area.

How many babershops?
1 bar?
1 African supplies store?

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
I live in Memphis. So, there are many. :yeshrug:

I even shop at a black grocery store.
Cool

I want a general number for each neighborhood. It’s good that you gave your city too, People don’t have to do that, but it would help if they did:salute:

Also don’t want to know all the black business owned in the city, just want to know what type of black business is around your general area. What is black owned around your house. What type of business are they?

Daps
Hair salons, barbershops, restaurants, contractors, couple of plummers, that's really it, unless you include black women running home day care.

ETA: about 6 salons, 3 barbershops, 3 contractors, 2 plummers that I know, and I'll add the top 2 funeral homes are owned by black families

And out of those contractors, they took FOREVER to finish my bathroom, stairs, and smoothing the paint and cracks in the walls in my house. I had fo use the toilet in the bathroom for a month, and wash up at the kitchen sink. I cut them a little slack because my house is old as hell, and when you tear things away, you find more stuff that meeds to be fixed, and all the plumbing and insulation had to be updated to current standards, and waiting for the inspector to make sure it was ok. He also needed to get an electrician to change the old lighting fixtures, because they were originally gas powered.

Last edited:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
That’s what I’m thinking is going to be the norm:ohhh:

I’m curious about this. So how many would you say in total around your home. Don’t go too far out and do the entire city, just around your general area.

How many babershops?
1 bar?
1 African supplies store?

I'd say there were:
  • 2 barbershops I know for sure are Black owned.
  • 1 Black owned bar/restaurant by the crib
  • 1 African church
  • 1 Haitian church
  • 1 African corner store

Then compare that to all the Hispanic owned corner stores, laundromats, restaurants, barbershops, bakeries, churches, pawn shops, lawn care services, etc. in my immediate area.

I legit learned Spanish living here because you gotta know it to smash the baddest Latinas who just touched down.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Four of the top of my head right now

Bike shop
Thrift store
Hair salon
Fashion boutique

All within four blocks of me

Edit: got a funeral home, church, and bbq joint too. So 7.

Last edited: