Its been hard to explain to people since 2004 why am I not a fan of resident evil 4

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I always felt Resident Evil 4 was a great/classic game but not a great Resident Evil game. If that makes any sense.
This, I don't deny it's a great game at all. I just couldn't get into it because it didn't feel like resident evil to me. And Leon was all of a sudden, super leon. Re7 has that true resident evil vibe that 4-6 dont

detach

Banned
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
I thought re4 was a trash game, let alone a trash re game.

Take the Dark Souls series. Now imagine if the next sequal, is stupid easy, zero intensity, items, ammo, and potions are in abundance, make the enemies move slow af, add checkpoints/autosaves though out the games just in case you die, ability to shoot enemy in the leg, then suplex/roundhouse kick a wave of enemies to clear a path to safety. This is what resident evil 4 was to the series.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I thought re4 was a trash game, let alone a trash re game.

Take the Dark Souls series. Now imagine if the next sequal, is stupid easy, zero intensity, items, ammo, and potions are in abundance, make the enemies move slow af, add checkpoints/autosaves though out the games just in case you die, ability to shoot enemy in the leg, then suplex/roundhouse kick a wave of enemies to clear a path to safety. This is what resident evil 4 was to the series.
I wouldn't say it's a trash game but just like the homie above said, just a trash re game. I agree with the ds comparison though

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've said this several times in the past. Resident Evil 4 was the game that drove the series into the ground imo. It's not a "bad" game per se, it's a great game but I just wasn't feeling it like that. I'd take any old RE any day over 4. It wasn't scary, I wasn't feeling the setting/woke zombies and the 3rd person behind the shoulder camera made it feel too much like an action game. They doubled down on the action with 5 and 6 was just horrible. 5 was funner to me though.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
game is for casuals word to @Mowgli

ruined resident evil from then on out tbh (everyone in here hype on 4, tell me how 5 and 6 built off that "greatness") :francis:

...the feeling of helplessness is what made RE scary. Its knowing that fight or flight could be a coin flip. Until Dawn the last scary game i enjoyed

d14bb633444c4179036fa5788a5d0b4c909a1f1b

:picard: when you had 3 bullets :merchant:

ill play code veronica first :ld: have a blessed day
:salute: Rep

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
for a long time, I was against RE4. at the time of its announcement and eventual release, I was heavily involved in the Resident Evil Outbreak online community.

I think I started easing up on it around 2007ish when the Outbreak servers went down. :yeshrug:

I still think its worse than Gaiden, but It is far above RE6/5/ORC/UC.:francis:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
This is my assumption what most people did to get into resident evil
Esp if people were nintendo people, prob missd re on ps and dreamcast, so thus might have been their introduction. I love re 4, as a game about killing hordes of zombies...but you right, its a good/great game but nit a great RE game...playin 7 at night, high as fukk :mjcry:

Re 2 is prob my fav overall tho....

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
The games turned into more of an action game vs a survival horror feeling kind of game. I enjoy both tho.

detach

Banned
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
I honestly only met one person in real life that actually like re 4. RE4 being a good game is one of those things i hear about online only. I thought maybe it was just a cac thing. he was the type that like simplistic type games. Type that played game on easy mode. Hack and slash type who doesn't care about depth. You got to be a casual simple minded type to like RE4. Around my way, nobody like RE4. I was the only one out of my friends that got RE4. (Middle School days) every one of my friend that I let borrow that game got bored of it and never finish.

The hate that RE5 and RE6 receive confirm my thoughts on RE4 but also confuses me. I don't understand how you could loved RE4 and not the very similar sequals.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Resident Evil 4 is GREATNESS. I will not accept any slander towards one of the goats :ufdup:

@MMS and I have disagreed and exchanged negs often. I have no issues handing out more :hubie:

Mercenaries mode > Your favorite mini-game.

probably the only thing I agree on with Liquid. The first play thru is :damn: :wow: at the same time....YMMV clearly....