Its been hard to explain to people since 2004 why am I not a fan of resident evil 4

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Never understood the love for this series....the controls are the WOAT

F.E.A.R was what I wanted RE to be

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:jbhmm: Here's my issue with Resident Evil 4...

On it's own, it's a certified classic game. It's definitely in my top 20 of all-time.

The problem with RE4 wasn't so much the game itself, but rather the way that Capcom tried too hard to recapture that same lightning in a bottle after 4 crushed the buildings. The series lost it's identity trying too hard to top 4. It's the same problem I have with Fire Emblem. Awakenining is a great game by itself, but I'm sitting here like :picard: at how extra they got with the anime tropes/weeaboo waifu pandering in the rest of the games after that.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Lemmie put it to you like this. Y'all see where RE evil fell the fukk off around 5-6(won't speak on 7 cause I haven't played it) That shyt started with RE4.

Re4 turned Leon from a beat-cop into Universal Soldier. Took away the actual zombies and changed the camera to over the shoulder(my biggest gripe with the game) They turned RE into some other shyt that's not RE

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lemmie put it to you like this. Y'all see where RE evil fell the fukk off around 5-6(won't speak on 7 cause I haven't played it) That shyt started with RE4.

Re4 turned Leon from a beat-cop into Universal Soldier. Took away the actual zombies and changed the camera to over the shoulder(my biggest gripe with the game) They turned RE into some other shyt that's not RE
The over the shoulder cam wasn't bad imo. I mean look at dead space which is a survivor horror classic on it's on

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I loved the Resident Evil series the only problem is Capcom and the writers wrote themselves into a damned wall especially in Resident Evil 6 shyt just went full on retard as far as the story... shyt was WAY too convoluted and answered none of the questions... :mjlol:

RE4 was badass... Also there was a deeper story in which was playing in the background but I hate the fact that you don't answer the questions it raises... The gameplay was great and the enemies las plagas was fukking scary as you went on... Because they wasn't regular zombies... The series needed a shot in the arm...:wow:

RE5 was great... Bringing back wesker for the game and having chris and jill finally put and end to that scumbag... Also the partner system was cool...:ehh:

RE6 was bullshyt...:stopitslime:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
so many 2012 posters :ohlawd:

the shining peak of civilization. One could say the world truly did end then :flabbynsick:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The over the shoulder cam wasn't bad imo. I mean look at dead space which is a survivor horror classic on it's on
Yeah and RE4 is what introduced that perspective and its honestly one of the greatest games of all time.

There is no question that this thread is blasphemous. Talking like this should be considered a gaming crime.

Just listen to the review and then go back. On release this game was incredible and the last game my gamecube ever loaded.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
RE 4 was great.

I remember all the old games and I feel like they don't hold up as well.

The old games were basically fighting with the tank controls and figuring out the best way to dodge all the slow enemies without wasting ammo. Resident evil 3 was basically an action game with shytty tank controls.

RE4 managed to evolve the series while staying close to the survival horror elements. I don't understand people that say Re4 wasn't scary either. When your walking down that cliff when it gets dark and you see that dog jump at you when the lighting flashes, is just as scary as when the dog broke through the windows for the first time.

The prison section was pretty damn scary too.

The series fell off because capcom completely eliminated the horror aspects in 5 and 6. I remember Re 5 taking place completely in daylight.

detach

Banned
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
When your walking down that cliff when it gets dark and you see that dog jump at you when the lighting flashes, is just as scar

Nope the checkpoints and autosaves null that effect.

llt23

All Star
Daps
I've been playing RE since the first one and I dont think its fair to hate on RE4. Yeah its different but its still an excellent video game.

And I disagree that all the tension is lost because of the gameplay style. On your first playthrough I can point out the early village part, the part where you are locked in the cabin, the chainsaw sisters, those blind monsters and etc I can keep going but those were all tense and scary.

Of course I prefer the OG style but whoever is trying to say its a bad game....ehhh thats your opinion I guess.

Nope the checkpoints and autosaves null that effect.
You are thinking about a different game cause RE4 still used a traditional save system, just without ink ribbons.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Somethings never change :wow:. 4 must be y'all first resident evil game because y'all sound just like the guys who say final fantasy 7 is the best final fantasy because it was their first:mjlol:
:mjlol: ff7 aint even the best jrpg on ps1

And re4 wasnt a bad game it just wasnt a real RE game imo :manny:

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
RE2 will always be my favorite game from the franchise.

RE4 is fire though!

RE4 Mercenaries Mode > COD Zombies