It's wild to me how much was known about Mob bosses back in the day

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

Those news reports were just spouting all that off so nonchalantly. Like cats aren't head of multi-billion illegal operations.

Then when Gotti came up after them he put all the spotlight on himself. All on the cover of magazines and shyt. It was basically common knowledge that he got Paulie C whacked.
915xlhXqXfL.jpg

8eaca8fc32ff85b513030c5966fc85eb.jpg

And even before them Carlo Gambino had a whole lot of info out there on him like it was nothing.
And this was before the internet age where info is easy to get.

@Whips-n-Chains i know you into mob stuff heavy

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They treated them a lot like celebrities, and there was a huge public fascination with them as figures.

Many of them were prominent in their communities, every single city had at least one or two local community papers and it was easy to relay information.

People were just as chatty before social media as they are with social media.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
They call it Organized Crime for a reason

The media..Jewish owned, with Italian & Irish reporters.

Law enforcement, Irish & Italian

Some were plugged in with the families.
Looking back, you can see how media was used as propaganda & also to send messages.

When a mobster talked, there were front page headlines calling them rats or stool pigeons

NYC was crazy with that.

Crooked mob cops, connected news reporters, ex. Rosanna Scotto a long time news reporter, her father was a mobster & one of her bros John (met him, no issues) got caught trying to extort people. And her co-anchor was Greg Kelly (formerly accused rapist, crazy story) is the son of a police commissioner.

You also have the Cuomo's..even Jlo's sister Lynda has been doing media out here for years

Even Hip-hop radio, some of the DJs come from law enforcement families

Media is dirty here..

Last edited:

93 til

Superstar
Daps

Looking back, you can see how media was used as propaganda & also to send messages.

When a mobster talked, there were front page headlines calling them rats or stool pigeons

NYC was crazy with that.

Crooked mob cops, connected news reporters, ex. Rosanna Scotto a long time news reporter, her father was a mobster & one of her bros John (met him, no issues) got caught trying to extort people. And her co-anchor was Greg Kelly (formerly accused rapist, crazy story) is the son of a police commissioner.

You also have the Cuomo's..even Jlo's sister Lynda has been doing media out her for years

Media is dirty here..

Sports too. Mainly boxing.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O

NYC was crazy with that.

You also have the Cuomo's..even Jlo's sister Lynda has been doing media out her for years

Media is dirty here..

Sports too. Mainly boxing.
I was surprised to see how strong mob ties were in new Orleans back on the day
Boxing and liquor went hand in hand back then as well.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
I could talk about mob stuff for hours, I got so many stacks of books and shyt.

Mobsters got big mouths and word gets around very quickly, I’ve spent days reading gangland news and it’s insane how a lot of it just boils down to them having big mouths

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
They glorify the white ones. I just learned about Teddy Roe and the Binga Bank from Chicago on here last year

Theodore Roe - Wikipedia

Jesse Binga - Wikipedia

also look at how they glorify the bank robbers of the 30s. Bonnie n Clyde, pretty boy Floyd, Dillinger, all glorified. They make them to look like modern day Robin Hood’s.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
Can some one include me in on when and how they became so glorified by rappers e.t.c especially knowing how much these dudes hated us

Daps
Reppin
Chi
The current Genovese boss they say is like a ghost. Meets only a select few and meets on the side of the road with the good of the car up like they’re fixing it or in urban stores where a fed would clearly stick out. Barney Bellomo...I’ll post some more shyt later once I’m off mobile