It's wild to me how much was known about Mob bosses back in the day

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
If Sammy hadn't snitched John would've been on the streets for a long time. Sammy spilled the beans on how John got to a Juror in another case. After that Juror's were sequestored.

But his brother Gene did 50 years in the joint didn't like John and didn't talk. I think he literally just came home a few weeks ago. shyt is a different world now.
Yeah this exactly, Sammy was the 2nd most powerful man in OC at the time and knew where all the bodies were buried(metaphorically and literally) without him Gotti would've either gotten off or did a very small(relatively amount of time).

In Sammy's podcast he actually tells the story of why he decided to flip which boils down to Gotti wanting him to eat all the charges and portray himself as a wild dog/criminal mastermind that got out of control, which is very interesting because it basically boils down to Gotti having to admit that the mob is a thing in court and ratting Sammy out to save himself(if im remembering correctly), to which Sammy said fukk that lol

You can kind of see where he's coming from but he killed 19 people which is crazy(like he admitted it and they found the bodies/evidence to support that number), Sammy should've never saw the light of day again

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yeah this exactly, Sammy was the 2nd most powerful man in OC at the time and knew where all the bodies were buried(metaphorically and literally) without him Gotti would've either gotten off or did a very small(relatively amount of time).

In Sammy's podcast he actually tells the story of why he decided to flip which boils down to Gotti wanting him to eat all the charges and portray himself as a wild dog/criminal mastermind that got out of control, which is very interesting because it basically boils down to Gotti having to admit that the mob is a thing in court and ratting Sammy out to save himself(if im remembering correctly), to which Sammy said fukk that lol

You can kind of see where he's coming from but he killed 19 people which is crazy(like he admitted it and they found the bodies/evidence to support that number), Sammy should've never saw the light of day again
Sammy is self serving and snitched twice. Even if he was telling the truth about John why did he snitch on the Motorcycle gang in AZ?

Sam had a lot of construction shyt and clipping people in the family that were his competition. But they did have a bunch of wiretapps on John and someone told him about that upstairs apartment. Someone close to john was snitching before Sam officially flipped. It probably was Sam.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Yet people like Big Meech are animals and thugs...smh

White skin give you immunity for everything lol
Yes white skin definitely but The Godfather played a MASSIVE role in romanticizing those guys, kinda got to the point that no matter what kind of heinous shyt they did it always came off sort of cool and romantic. Same thing with those white biker gangs like The Hells Angels, all those biker flicks in the 60s and 70s made them come off as so cool that they became these cool criminal organizations that were super romanticized.

A good example of that in the black community are Pimps, that outlandish pimp shyt from those blaxsploitation films became something super mainstream cool and cute even(although not so much anymore with the current social climate) though those men in real life were heinous evil people.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Sammy is self serving and snitched twice. Even if he was telling the truth about John why did he snitch on the Motorcycle gang in AZ?

Sam had a lot of construction shyt and clipping people in the family that were his competition. But they did have a bunch of wiretapps on John and someone told him about that upstairs apartment. Someone close to john was snitching before Sam officially flipped. It probably was Sam.
You make a good point about the AZ thing, Sammy is indeed a self serving sociopath but I don't know about Sammy snitching before him and Gotti got arrested, he would've had to stand on that in court if they were going to use it against John and admit that he was snitching beforehand.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
If you think they knew a lot about mobsters back in the day, imagine now.

They’re naming high rollers in the Philly Mob like it’s ESPN pre-game analysis. Most of em :flabbynsick: too :skip:

I don't know if this is the channel where they openly speculate about shyt in the PhillyMob. shyt is like some of the white owned Chiraq channels nikkas openly name names. One one of the Chiraq channels they said that FBG Duck's Brother was one of the top hittas in the the gang. Dude opening said duke killed three people and named them. This was before Duck died.

I would've sued If I were Duck.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
You make a good point about the AZ thing, Sammy is indeed a self serving sociopath but I don't know about Sammy snitching before him and Gotti got arrested, he would've had to stand on that in court if they were going to use it against John and admit that he was snitching beforehand.

Back then if you talked they would look past all kinds of shyt. John was going upstairs to have certain convos. I read how they followed the old lady in the apartment the few times she left. But they never said how they knew where to look. Paul was kicking it in his house so obviously they knew that he was talking in there. But John was meeting people in different places having walk talks covering his mouth and had the upstairs apartment and they still managed to record him. It doesn't make sense someone had to tell them which apartment to go to and only the top people went up there.

When John had meetings where Sam wasn't invited John wasn't taped and sometimes not even surveilled.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Back then if you talked they would look past all kinds of shyt. John was going upstairs to have certain convos. I read how they followed the old lady in the apartment the few times she left. But they never said how they knew where to look. Paul was kicking it in his house so obviously they knew that he was talking in there. But John was meeting people in different places having walk talks covering his mouth and had the upstairs apartment and they still managed to record him. It doesn't make sense someone had to tell them which apartment to go to and only the top people went up there.

When John had meetings where Sam wasn't invited John wasn't taped and sometimes not even surveilled.
Yeah the FBI and NYPD had a tendency to operate outside of the letter of the law a lot, you make a good point, it is very possible Sammy could've given John up a lot earlier than we think

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
They glorify the white ones. I just learned about Teddy Roe and the Binga Bank from Chicago on here last year

Theodore Roe - Wikipedia

Jesse Binga - Wikipedia

also look at how they glorify the bank robbers of the 30s. Bonnie n Clyde, pretty boy Floyd, Dillinger, all glorified. They make them to look like modern day Robin Hood’s.

Read a book on Teddy and that whole time frame in Chicago back in 18.

Good read.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yeah the FBI and NYPD had a tendency to operate outside of the letter of the law a lot, you make a good point, it is very possible Sammy could've given John up a lot earlier than we think

They had the issues eariler. Sam said he was mad at John. I can see where an FBI agent got to him and said Listen we're taking down John Give us something and maybe he goes to the can and you become the new boss. Think Sam wouldn't have taken that deal? There was like 6 snitches that snitched on John for years and it didn't come out. Willie Boy refused to testify and they were gonna let it ride but the Judge who grew up in John's neigborhood got mad an outed him thinking he would have to take the stand. He didn't and he was whacked.

There was another guy who refused to take the stand and he just dipped.

Also Sam was a legit millioniare John could've fell and he could've retired from the mob and kept his businesses.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Read a book on Teddy and that whole time frame in Chicago back in 18.

Good read.

Yeah I haven't read the book written about him but I read other books that mentioned him. He low key had to Chicago Mob on the ropes (on the South Side) He clipped the guys they sent at him. I think he killed the brother of the guy who eventually killed him (Mad Sam Destephano).

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
One other thing that's well known is how far the Mob has fell off. Can you imagine who fukked up the average Solider is right now after the snow? They don't really steal from big time store like that. Gambling is everywhere. The Albanians low ket ran them out of the Bronx and Queens. They're pretty much out of the drug game they're completely fukked up, but no one wants to declare them dead because they haven't been dead the other times they were declared dead. But they are basically not a factor in Chicago now and 25 years ago they had Politicians pressed in the Chi.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
They had the issues eariler. Sam said he was mad at John. I can see where an FBI agent got to him and said Listen we're taking down John Give us something and maybe he goes to the can and you become the new boss. Think Sam wouldn't have taken that deal? There was like 6 snitches that snitched on John for years and it didn't come out. Willie Boy refused to testify and they were gonna let it ride but the Judge who grew up in John's neigborhood got mad an outed him thinking he would have to take the stand. He didn't and he was whacked.

There was another guy who refused to take the stand and he just dipped.

Also Sam was a legit millioniare John could've fell and he could've retired from the mob and kept his businesses.
Its definitely possible but I don't know its all speculation, maybe you should ask Sammy to expand on it on his youtube channel haha, crazy how you can just go talk to that guy.

One other thing that's well known is how far the Mob has fell off. Can you imagine who fukked up the average Solider is right now after the snow? They don't really steal from big time store like that. Gambling is everywhere. The Albanians low ket ran them out of the Bronx and Queens. They're pretty much out of the drug game they're completely fukked up, but no one wants to declare them dead because they haven't been dead the other times they were declared dead. But they are basically not a factor in Chicago now and 25 years ago they had Politicians pressed in the Chi.
Yeah its so hard to get away with shyt these days its kind of hard to imagine them being as powerful as they once were, i'm sure wherever there still are unions they have a hand in it, along with construction contracts and various other schemes but with sports betting about to become as simple as using an app on your phone in New York, i'm sure they're going to feel that in their pockets(I think mostly because they're going to have to give super juicy odds to compete). I was reading in Gangland News about some recent indictments though, so they must be still active

In Canada though its like the fukking 80s for those guys, drugs, various rackets, guys getting whacked in broad daylight on busy streets, etc

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Its definitely possible but I don't know its all speculation, maybe you should ask Sammy to expand on it on his youtube channel haha, crazy how you can just go talk to that guy.

Yeah its so hard to get away with shyt these days its kind of hard to imagine them being as powerful as they once were, i'm sure wherever there still are unions they have a hand in it, along with construction contracts and various other schemes but with sports betting about to become as simple as using an app on your phone in New York, i'm sure they're going to feel that in their pockets(I think mostly because they're going to have to give super juicy odds to compete). I was reading in Gangland News about some recent indictments though, so they must be still active

In Canada though its like the fukking 80s for those guys, drugs, various rackets, guys getting whacked in broad daylight on busy streets, etc

It's hard for all of them to move period and add in the fact that they are white. It's hard to convince a surburban kid to risk their lives and freedom like that. I mean you'll still get some dummies but most young quarter iltalian nikkas ain't falling for that. Then John Gotti's son just left. Same thing they're saying about Joey Merlino in Philly that he's low key retired. I mean where's the money in the shyt now? I mean shyt is so different you couldn't really convince a Black kid in the hood to take coke on consignment, everyone knows that the drug kingpin days are over with.