James Harden Interview with FOX Sports: "... the other superstar (KD) there wanted to leave. So it's like: Am I still the quitter?"

Does Harden have a point?

• Total voters

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And I knew people were going to talk and say, ‘You quit' and all that stuff, but then the following summer, the other superstar there [Durant] wanted to leave. So it's like: Am I still the quitter?"

michael-jordan-yeah.gif

I will never forget that game in Sacramento where he literally quit on the Nets. Go back and watch that game. Dude sabotaged the Rockets and he sabotaged the Nets by forcing his way there and showing up flabby. He played some fantastic ball when he first got there until he got hurt, I’ll give him that, but he has quit on 2 teams now. Kevin Durant might’ve requested a trade, but he has never quit on the Nets on the court and he obviously rescinded his trade request. James Harden has no room to talk about ANYBODY in that regard foh.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
C'mon now, the Nets were a dumpster fire lol. Ain't nobody sign up for all of the bullshyt that was happening there, so I wouldnt label what Harden did as quitting since his the team essentially let him down first.....

But if he did quit so what? Why should anyone deal with a nutjob coworker that plays when he wants, and management that can't land quality team members (in this case the FO being unable to land a decent big)? I'm only gonna hold up my end of the bargain for so long. Both Harden and Durant had (and still have) every right to seek opportunities elsewhere, and I can't judge because I know damn well if I went into work and started doing everything because my coworkers decided to sleep all shift, with another claiming vaccinations induce mind control or something dumb, I'm finding another job. Don't shame me for quitting fukk that lol.

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
Jim Harden running out of excuses. KD made it known he wasn’t a leader before Harden went to the Nets. We all know Kyrie was unpredictable and wasn’t a leader also.

Now he’s on a team with a legit first option and third option. Time to finish the job.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
What Harden did in Houston was bullshyt. What he did in Brooklyn, I do not blame him one bit.
Both were bullshyt. He literally quit in games in Brooklyn and was not trying. He was actively sabotaging games like a bytch. KD had those same dudes as the 1 seed. Anyone who compares the two doesn’t watch the Nets or doesn’t like Durant. That dude went out like a hoe and I was a fan and was always telling Nets fans to trade Kyrie for a star to appease Harden. Dude lost all my respect. KD said trade me because management was on some bullshyt. Harden said trade me because he couldn’t handle a month and a half without Kevin Durant. KD has never quit on the court. I hate even hearing the name Harden. He’s a certified bytch.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn't quit in either city. Both times it was terrible front office/management that let him down instead of the other way around. But it's Harden so people were gonna hate regardless.

Beard knows you Coli posters well:
Before we continue, Harden wanted to make something very clear: Any quote you read here was simply a response to a question and not him trying to make any sort of excuses, though he knows that's how much of what he said is going to be interpreted.

"It's one reason I don't really like doing interviews," he said. "Because people will take the smallest thing that I say and basically screw it up and then it becomes a problem."

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Both were bullshyt. He literally quit in games in Brooklyn and was not trying. He was actively sabotaging games like a bytch. KD had those same dudes as the 1 seed. Anyone who compares the two doesn’t watch the Nets or doesn’t like Durant. That dude went out like a hoe and I was a fan and was always telling Nets fans to trade Kyrie for a star to appease Harden. Dude lost all my respect. KD said trade me because management was on some bullshyt. Harden said trade me because he couldn’t handle a month and a half without Kevin Durant. KD has never quit on the court. I hate even hearing the name Harden. He’s a certified bytch.
I am a certified Harden hater and will always root against him. What Brooklyn allowed Kyrie to do last season was inexcusable and Harden was the only one who recognized what a problem it was. I'm not saying quitting on the court like he did was noble but I get it. Kyrie is a human wrecking ball and Brooklyn has enabled him since he signed.

And your point about enduring life without KD isn't true. There was a point last season when Harden had played more career games for the Nets than KD. :skip:

When he first got traded there, he played two months without Durant and somehow had his name in MVP talks because he was so good.