Jay Z Launching A Venture Capital Fund

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Nah fam, I don't know who quoted me but I'm in here (on phone) still :laff: :laff: :laff: @ that innovative rhetorical move. I know all about what Esco does and I salute him. His firm invests between 100,000 to 500,000 per company (smart). Heck, I use a lot of the products that he is invested in (Drobpox obviously, Genius of course, Lyft and Robinhood). But I guess hearing about some new products and deciding to drop bread to invest is "innovative" as opposed to smart.

On another note, Jay Z being publicized as an investor is simple. Jay Z, like Kobe, is a big name. All the VC represents is Jay Z ramping up his already extensive investment portfolio. Every single thing that Jay Z or Kobe invest in will hit the news (just like this). Instead of saluting the nikka you guys started trying to dissect shyt and didn't realize that is part of the point of bringing him in as an investor in the first place. It means his brand is very strong.

"Devil got you hatin on your own kind." :ufdup:

Last edited:

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps

raw

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
I forgot Dropbox.. my gawd!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so your hating because Nas is your dude......got you......Why can't 2 blacks get money together? You honestly see Jay and Nas not sitting back not getting money with each other cause of a 15 year beef? Really.............like really?

Be broke and be upset over broke nikka shyt brehs........:scust:

You made cause Jay shytted on Nas all those years ago
Elaine mad cause He's Drakes Daddy.
DialM is upset cause he a broke bytch with a struggling business (my guess is home made soaps and incense) who is made because people like Jay won't make him into a boss

:laff::laff:

Basically they all some hating bytches, biter for personal reasons that in no way attribute to reality. :russ::picard::hhh:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The tech industry is in a huge bubble because of companies like Uber. A company that doesn't generate profit isn't a good company. Theyre desperately trying to make the company profitable and they're hoping that autonomous driving will make drivers mostly obsolete in the future and they're only investment will be in it's fleet. I work in tech, I'm not talking out my ass.

nikka I'm a Financial Analyst:gucci:

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
Lyft is not Nas most substantial investment. Dropbox is valued close to 10billion. What VC was Jay involved with?

nas isn't seeing major money(20-100mils+) that is known ,jay-z name alone holds weight in business ,nas not so much

dont get gassed off valuation numbers

and ive been posting nas business venture's since day 1, ala the crunchbase links ive been posting in threads...

yet only now nikkas wanna talk about nas n his business ventures:gucci:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nas isn't seeing major money(20-100mils+) that is known ,jay-z name alone holds weight in business ,nas not so much

dont get gassed off valuation numbers

and ive been posting nas business venture's since day 1, ala the crunchbase links ive been posting in threads...

yet only now nikkas wanna talk about nas n his business ventures:gucci:

I corrected you playa. You said something that was incorrect. No, I been posting about his shyt from day 1 fam. And how do you know how much he's seeing?

Last edited:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so your hating because Nas is your dude......got you......Why can't 2 blacks get money together? You honestly see Jay and Nas not sitting back not getting money with each other cause of a 15 year beef? Really.............like really?

Be broke and be upset over broke nikka shyt brehs........:scust:

You made cause Jay shytted on Nas all those years ago
Elaine mad cause He's Drakes Daddy.
DialM is upset cause he a broke bytch with a struggling business (my guess is home made soaps and incense) who is made because people like Jay won't make him into a boss

:laff::laff:

Basically they all some hating bytches, biter for personal reasons that in no way attribute to reality. :russ::picard::hhh:

Dawg, Jay is my second favorite rapper. Mount Rushmore nygga.
Fuhk is u talking bout?

When the thread went left and yall comparing him to Nas, yeah Imma step up for him. Nas and Jay are my nyggas in rap. Now giving Jay credit as some business innovator just cuz he announced he starting a firm is just too much on here. I said he aint the first to do it being as tho yall calling him an innovator.

To sum it up, I going at you clowns on this topic

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
I corrected you playa. You said something that was incorrect. I been posting about his shyt from day 1 fam. And how do you know how much he's seeing?
he is not seeing major Ms like his peers, we both know this

I think its fair to say nas jumped in the business game a lil late and is now making up for lost time (he is going about it the right way)
//

just because he invested in lyft or whatever doesn't mean he got in early

//

the reason i say jay's name holds weight on its own is because its known he can start something n make it work,plus his personal financial state hasn't been exposed

all in all nas is doing well,his portfolio looks decent (https://www.crunchbase.com/person/nasir-bin-olu-dara-jones/investments) a decent amount of "misses" but thats the risk

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Dawg, Jay is my second favorite rapper. Mount Rushmore nygga.
Fuhk is u talking bout?

When the thread went left and yall comparing him to Nas, yeah Imma step up for him. Nas and Jay are my nyggas in rap. Now giving Jay credit as some business innovator just cuz he announced he starting a firm is just too much on here. I said he aint the first to do it being as tho yall calling him an innovator.

To sum it up, I going at you clowns on this topic

Again with the 'innovator" argument. Nobody ever said that my dude......but whatever.........whatever nikka......you see through is all I'm saying

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he is not seeing major Ms like his peers, we both know this

I think its fair to say nas jumped in the business game a lil late and is now making up for lost time (he is going about it the right way)
//

just because he invested in lyft or whatever doesn't mean he got in early

//

the reason i say jay's name holds weight on its own is because its known he can start something n make it work,plus his personal financial state hasn't been exposed

all in all nas is doing well,his portfolio looks decent (https://www.crunchbase.com/person/nasir-bin-olu-dara-jones/investments) a decent amount of "misses" but thats the risk

I don't know what he's seeing because he doesn't talk about it. Most VC portfolios have misses. And he's still seeing management fees from QBVP and Emagen Investment as a partner. Jay's name might hold more weight, and? Mad shyt he invested in flopped as well. Nas got in on lyft period. Jays shyt not even off the ground yet. Let him start his shyt first. You tried to knock the lyft investment because it's second to uber in the market but it's not his lead unicorn.

DROPBOX – $10 BILLION VALUATION

LYFT – $5.5 BILLION VALUATION

GENERAL ASSEMBLY – RAISED $70 MILLION IN SERIES D

TILT – $400 MILLION VALUATION

ROBINHOOD – RAISED $50 MILLION IN SERIES B

CASPER – $550 MILLION VALUATION

GENIUS – RAISED $40 MILLION IN SERIES B