Jay Z Launching A Venture Capital Fund

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I don't know what he's seeing because he doesn't talk about it. Most VC portfolios have misses. And he's still seeing management fees from QBVP and Emagen Investment as a partner. Jay's name might hold more weight, and? Mad shyt he invested in flopped as well. Nas got in on lyft period. Jays shyt not even off the ground yet. Let him start his shyt first. You tried to knock the lyft investment because it's second to uber in the market but it's not his lead unicorn.

DROPBOX – $10 BILLION VALUATION

LYFT – $5.5 BILLION VALUATION

GENERAL ASSEMBLY – RAISED $70 MILLION IN SERIES D

TILT – $400 MILLION VALUATION

ROBINHOOD – RAISED $50 MILLION IN SERIES B

CASPER – $550 MILLION VALUATION

GENIUS – RAISED $40 MILLION IN SERIES B

Tilt got acquired I think. I can see the stats when I get back to a computer

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
I don't know what he's seeing because he doesn't talk about it. Most VC portfolios have misses. And he's still seeing management fees from QBVP and Emagen Investment as a partner. Jay's name might hold more weight, and? Mad shyt he invested in flopped as well. Nas got in on lyft period. Jays shyt not even off the ground yet. Let him start his shyt first. You tried to knock the lyft investment because it's second to uber in the market but it's not his lead unicorn.

DROPBOX – $10 BILLION VALUATION

LYFT – $5.5 BILLION VALUATION

GENERAL ASSEMBLY – RAISED $70 MILLION IN SERIES D

TILT – $400 MILLION VALUATION

ROBINHOOD – RAISED $50 MILLION IN SERIES B

CASPER – $550 MILLION VALUATION

GENIUS – RAISED $40 MILLION IN SERIES B

again stop getting gassed off of the value of said company

you should never look at it from that stand point

and yes jays name holding weight alone is key, he can team up with top people,top tech startups will lean towards his investment because of his name,so yes it does.....business is done with a strong portfolio and jay has that over every1 in rap(along with diddy).

i can go even deeper and say tech companies will be itching to try do something with jay because of the artists/athletes he has under control....(the promo side of things)

you guys need to stop looking at the value of something and failing to understand the situation behind it all :snoop:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
again stop getting gassed off of the value of said company

you should never look at it from that stand point

and yes jays name holding weight alone is key, he can team up with top people,top tech startups will lean towards his investment because of his name,so yes it does.....business is done with a strong portfolio and jay has that over every1 in rap(along with diddy).

i can go even deeper and say tech companies will be itching to try do something with jay because of the artists/athletes he has under control....(the promo side of things)

you guys need to stop looking at the value of something and failing to understand the situation behind it all :snoop:

You bought up value first mentioning lyft. I was following your lead. And I've been stressing throughout this thread that it's about the size of the fund. The bigger the fund the bigger the fees.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
You bought up value first mentioning lyft. I was following your lead. And I've been stressing throughout this thread that it's about the size of the fund. The bigger the fund the bigger the fees.
you bought up lyft lol

look I think we can agree on this, money is being made from both ends of the "see-sore"

i praise nas for finally getting involved and not only investing but creating a funding source

nas has a hit with "walker n company"

glad he choose to invest a personal stake

Stacks

Crosstown Beef
Supporter
Daps
This thread is some bitter bullshyt :laugh:

Work out your rent for the next week, rather than bytch about what Jay-Z is working with :laugh:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Must not be a very good one. However, I see you didn't refute my point.

Lil boy I'm not about to go back and forth with you like that over another mans investment. It's not even that serious for me to be dissecting and rebutting every post you make. I work in the Finance industry as a Financial Analyst. You didn't even state what your title was in the Tech industry. You could be a damn IT for all I know:dead:
I'm not about to sit here and debate ya ass.

And my employer thinks I'm pretty good:skip:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you bought up lyft lol

look I think we can agree on this, money is being made from both ends of the "see-sore"

i praise nas for finally getting involved and not only investing but creating a funding source

nas has a hit with "walker n company"

glad he choose to invest a personal stake

O shyt, MY BAD.

I confused you with @Abogado. But you responded to my reply to him.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
Lil boy I'm not about to go back and forth with you like that over another mans investment. It's not even that serious for me to be dissecting and rebutting every post you make. I work in the Finance industry as a Financial Analyst. You didn't even state what your title was in the Tech industry. You could be a damn IT for all I know:dead:
I'm not about to sit here and debate ya ass.

And my employer thinks I'm pretty good:skip:
The lies people tell on the internet. :francis:

Nothing about your posting history signifies that you are a person of any consequence.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The lies people tell on the internet. :francis:

Nothing about your posting history signifies that you are a person of any consequence.

What lil bytch? I have met people in real life off this site. I have gotten someone off this site 2 interviews with the bank I work for. Don't play with me. I don't have to flodge about some bullshyt ass financial analyst job. Since you on a nikka nuts checking my post history, did you see the thread I had chronicling my entire interview experience for the position I have now? I'm not the nikkas who's bluff you should be calling.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
What lil bytch? I have met people in real life off this site. I have gotten someone off this site 2 interviews with the bank I work for. Don't play with me. I don't have to flodge about some bullshyt ass financial analyst job. Since you on a nikka nuts checking my post history, did you see the thread I had chronicling my entire interview experience for the position I have now? I'm not the nikkas who's bluff you should be calling.
So you're a bank teller? :jbhmm:

:russ:

EDIT: Last post I read of yours talked about you quitting your job and having (perpetually unemployed) George from Seinfeld as your idol. :ld: