Jay-Z-Renegade... Listen to what he is saying... He ate this shyt up

Prae

Pro
Daps
I can't argue against your individual opinion...You love that album, good for you...

All I am saying is that I didn't hear anybody mention this album in 96...Saying that Reasonable Doubt is a classic is like picking up a Black Merda record from the 70's and saying that "it's a classic"...But the truth is, nobody even thought it was a masterpiece when it was released...

I don't think how it was initially received is entirely relevant (especially when it's perceived as good/great by those who heard it - just not classic status at the time). These days you have people calling albums classics a few weeks after they comes ou (GKMC), which if often just a knee-jerk reaction imo. In terms of a classic, long term opinion > short term/initial opinion. As you pointed out in another post, a classic is: judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind. So it's long term perception is what's important.

The Shawshank Redemption didn't get any attention and flopped at the box office when it first came out. Now most people consider it a terrific movie and it's clear that it was just overlooked.

I have listened to that album once
:what:

Last edited:

Big Skilly Films

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wigga said "I heard the song when I was 10 yrs old and new he killed it" :stopitslime:...so we supposed to take advice from a 10 yr olds opinion over nikkas who were in they late teens living Hiphop...see how these cacs use every excuse to give Eminem the advantage...a fukking 10 yr old :snoop:

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
These camel warriors have no limits :wow:

Hov got ate up on his own track

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

(1) If Jay Z fans want to call RD a classic, they have the right to do so...I personally have YET to meet a non-Jay Z fan who thought that album is classic...I have listened to that album once, and I just thought that it wasn't up to par with the New York sound of the time...That's my opinion, of course...

1) If you think Jay-Z fans are the only people who feel the album is classic, you are very closed minded.

2) If by non Jay-Z fan, you mean someone like you, who has admitted to only listening to it once :comeon:, it's no wonder they don't feel it's classic.

3) You will never get an album like RD, because one of the things that makes it special is the fact that it gets better with every listen. You can find something new within the lyricism almost every time you listen to it.

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Shawshank Redemption didn't get any attention and flopped at the box office when it first came out. Now most people consider it a terrific movie and it's clear that it was just overlooked.

:what:

Being the huge movie fan I am, I have to :salute: you for this perfect analogy.

My favorite album of all time, and my 2nd fav movie of all time :banderas: