Jesus Was A Real Person...There's No Debate...Read a Book

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Kalev rebelled against the advice of the other 'spies' (although I prefer 'explorers' because they were not 'spies', engaged in espionage; the Hebrew used is לתור latûr, which not only sounds like—but also means—'to tour').

Well, from 'Ōtnîyel in Shōfṭîm 3:10 right up to Sh'mûel, the last Judge (in Sh'mûel Part I 7:6,15), the word used is always
וישפט vayîshpōṭ 'and he judged' (or equivalently שפט shafaṭ 'he judged', שפטה shafṭah 'she judged').

As far as the 'true' Judge, are you familiar with the Jewish acronym
BD"E (a short-form blessing of mourning)?

Now I am confused!
hmmm interesting

well this is my interpretation:

David was delivered unto the Philistine curse when he either:

1. cut the head off of Goliath despite saying he would defeat him without sword or spear
2. He took the wife of Uriah the Hittite whom from the Egyptians perspective were a fallen people

my clue to understanding this "power" is this old deity from ancient Ionia

Goliath said that he "cursed" David "by his Gods" and David worshipped the baals at a time and took wives from many nations (the mistake of Esau etc)

EDIT also...while Moses never says to do this to the Israelites, the daughter of Pharoah who took him in is arguably the most powerful woman in Exodus outside of Zipporah, Shiphrah and Puah.

when he puts his staff down and it swallows up Pharoahs magicians snakes, it must have been a serpent that is very far reaching as Pharoah claimed to know all. Look at this particular queens name:
G16
I10

I9
G1
t
B7

Djefatnebti
Ḏf3t(.j) Nbty
(My) food are the Two Ladies
[1]
I am of the understanding that the magicians snakes were the two ladies :picard: which means that Moses would have to devour the spirit of creation and the spirit of satisfaction with one snake. This woman unlike the others I've mentioned was the queen of Huni also known as "Huy"..."the smiter"

The third one contains the notation "The king of Upper- and Lower Egypt appears", a "3rd time of battling the robbers" and the death of Djefatnebti. Since the "counting of the fields" was performed as a tax collection every second year, the one beer jar inscription dates into the 22nd year of rulership of the unnamed king. The death of Djefatnebti might therefore have occurred shortly before or shortly after the creation of the inscription.[1][3]

in hebrew the difference between Destroyer and Robber is the placement of a "Waw"

Last edited:

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Nah, I watched the video and that's a popular urban legend that has virtually nothing to do with anything in the Bible or in Buddhism. (Or in pagan mythology, to address the other tangent that guy throws in.)

When you read actual academic scholars of religion, neither Jesus's actions nor his words align with any sort of Buddhist understanding of the world. His motivations were different, his ways of thinking were different, his prescribed actions were different, his end goals were different, his entire context of worldview was different....there's a reason why people who really care about Jesus's teachings tend to be uninterested in Buddhism, and why people who really care about Buddhism tend to be perturbed by Christianity. The idea that our ultimate goal is merely to extinguish ourselves, cease caring about reality, renounce everything, and then salvation will be found (salvation meaning nothingness), is almost the opposite of the Christian goal which is to love each other, give oneself fully to others, build community together, and perfect the world. When you read the Eightfold Path of Buddhism it's entirely negative "Don't do all bad things", take yourself out of the equation, and eventually you'll be perfected, while the essence of the Christian path is to LOVE others and to DO unto others and to SERVE others, it's a positive, active orientation. Buddhism asks us to eliminate ourselves, as if humans were a mistake. Christianity asks us to become our best selves, the humans we were truly meant to be.

I think people who distort Christianity into a moralistic "don't sin" set of rules feed into that misinterpretation. But when you read the Book of Acts, they never focus on how little the Christians were sinning. They focus on how much joy they were having living and eating and celebrating in community together, doing good works and sharing with each other and spreading the Good News. It's not remotely a Buddhist way of interpreting the world, and the Jesus who feasted and drank (unlike the stoic Pharisees who looked down on him) and appealed to the common man doesn't fit that either.

For those who want to understand comparative religion as it pertains to Jesus, I really recommend reading the academic scholars and religious experts on these ideas, not the pop theology that comes from movies and youtube videos. Those people get a neat idea in their head and then put it into art, but they're not basing their ideas on actual familiarity with either religion's foundings or any sort of deep historical knowledge. There are many different, competing views of the origin of Christianity, some of them quite contradictory, but being founded by a Buddhist isn't one that's taken very seriously.
Okay

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
hmmm interesting

well this is my interpretation:

David was delivered unto the Philistine curse when he either:

1. cut the head off of Goliath despite saying he would defeat him without sword or spear
Davîd responded verbally to the giant Gol'yat's taunts by saying
אַתָּה בָּא אֵלַי בְּחֶֽרֶב וּבַחֲנִית וּבְכִידוֹן וְאָנֹכִי בָֽא־אֵלֶֽיךָ בְּשֵׁם יְיָ צְבָקוֹת אֱלֹקֵי מַעַרְכוֹת יִשְׂרָאֵל אֲשֶׁר חֵרַֽפְתָּ׃...
...'You are coming against me with a sword, a spear and a lance, but I am coming against you with the Name of Adonay Tz'vakot, the God of Yîsra'el's ranks, Whom you have mocked!' (Sh'mûel Part I 17:45)
which implies that he actually killed the giant by speaking the Explicit Name at him.

2. He took the wife of Uriah the Hittite whom from the Egyptians perspective were a fallen people

my clue to understanding this "power" is this old deity from ancient Ionia

Goliath said that he "cursed" David "by his Gods" and David worshipped the baals at a time and took wives from many nations (the mistake of Esau etc)
Davîd did not worship the Ba'alîm, and anyway he had ensured that the women he married converted. His own great-grandmother, Rût ha-Mo'aviyyah—originally of Mo'av—was a convert. One of the reasons why Mah'lon and Kil'yon (Rût 1:2,5; 4:9,10) died was due to their marrying of gentile women without first converting them.

EDIT also...while Moses never says to do this to the Israelites, the daughter of Pharoah who took him in is arguably the most powerful woman in Exodus outside of Zipporah, Shiphrah and Puah.
Her name is given as בתיה בת פרעה Bit'yah bat Par'oh in D.H. (see Part I, 4:18), where she is called a יהודייה y'hûdiyyah after joining the escaping Jews at the time of the Exodus, converting, and marrying Mêrêd (Kalev).

when he puts his staff down and it swallows up Pharoahs magicians snakes, it must have been a serpent that is very far reaching as Pharoah claimed to know all. Look at this particular queens name:

I am of the understanding that the magicians snakes were the two ladies :picard: which means that Moses would have to devour the spirit of creation and the spirit of satisfaction with one snake. This woman unlike the others I've mentioned was the queen of Huni also known as "Huy"..."the smiter"
Egypt was a strange place...

Transposition of two adjacent letters in words of the same meaning is far more interesting. We most frequently come across this phenomenon in the hitpa'el (reflexive) paradigm of verbs having a sibilant as the first radical.

השתחוה hishtaḥaveh ('worshiping')
התשחוה hitshaḥaveh ('worshiping')

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Davîd responded verbally to the giant Gol'yat's taunts by saying

which implies that he actually killed the giant by speaking the Explicit Name at him.

Davîd did not worship the Ba'alîm, and anyway he had ensured that the women he married converted. His own great-grandmother, Rût ha-Mo'aviyyah—originally of Mo'av—was a convert. One of the reasons why Mah'lon and Kil'yon (Rût 1:2,5; 4:9,10) died was due to their marrying of gentile women without first converting them.

Her name is given as
בתיה בת פרעה Bit'yah bat Par'oh in D.H. (see Part I, 4:18), where she is called a יהודייה y'hûdiyyah after joining the escaping Jews at the time of the Exodus, converting, and marrying Mêrêd (Kalev).

Egypt was a strange place...

Transposition of two adjacent letters in words of the same meaning is far more interesting. We most frequently come across this phenomenon in the hitpa'el (reflexive) paradigm of verbs having a sibilant as the first radical.

השתחוה hishtaḥaveh ('worshiping')
התשחוה hitshaḥaveh ('worshiping')
while that may be true, it explicitly says he took the giants sword out of its sheath to behead him and then took his armor into his tents :jbhmm: some inception type thinking is in order to me...i never knew that the daughter of pharaoh married Caleb :whoo: does that mean that Aschah is actually Pharaoh's grand-daughter?

when that undead dog beast shakes... enumerable little yuds come out of him :ehh:

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
while that may be true, it explicitly says he took the giants sword out of its sheath to behead him and then took his armor into his tents :jbhmm: some inception type thinking is in order to me...i never knew that the daughter of pharaoh married Caleb :whoo: does that mean that Aschah is actually Pharaoh's grand-daughter?

when that undead dog beast shakes... enumerable little yuds come out of him :ehh:
עַסְכָה 'Aschah
עַכְסָה 'Achsah

I see what you did there.

• Haha
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Ah, I just attached the prefix neo- to the linguistic phenomenon known as metathesis.
hmmm

well im not michael vick, but i may be the greatest dog fighter

Hotep and Huy are first seen when Moses and Rameses II race their chariots through the Temple of Ra and accidentally destroy it. The pair reports to Pharaoh Seti I and reassures him that it was not his fault that his sons learned nothing from him. Later, Moses drops a cloth pouch full of wine on their heads from above, accidentally framing Ramses for the prank. At the banquet, Hotep and Huy offer a Midianite girl named Tzipporah as tribute to Ramses who was the newly named Prince Regent. The next day, they witness Moses killing an Egyptian slaver for whipping a Hebrew man.
the most important word on every gematria page is riding a wave of results :youngsabo:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Mrburt2u

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
north cakalaky
I'm not gonna Google it but I recall concluding that serious scholars say there's no evidence of Jesus outside of the Bible

I need to put all kinds of words in quotes..
THIS. I came in here to say this.

I remember watching a documentary and it stating the same sentiments. What I took from it discredited both the old testament and and the new testament.
One of the scholars interviewed said, and I paraphrase, "Egyptians, who we all know and regard as execellent record-keepers, never ever mention the disappearance or mass exodus of any large number slaves [discrediting Moses' leading Isrealites out of Egypt]. And the Romans, who again, were excellent record-keepers, have absolutely no mentioning of any man, woman, child, entity, or criminal causing havoc or questioning the Roman religion at that time in the middle-east or anywhwere. However, according to the bible, Jesus was the Roman's biggest enemy of the state and was caught and was crucified, but no Roman has ever mentioned him."

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
THIS. I came in here to say this.

I remember watching a documentary and it stating the same sentiments. What I took from it discredited both the old testament and and the new testament.
One of the scholars interviewed said, and I paraphrase, "Egyptians, who we all know and regard as execellent record-keepers, never ever mention the disappearance or mass exodus of any large number slaves [discrediting Moses' leading Isrealites out of Egypt]. And the Romans, who again, were excellent record-keepers, have absolutely no mentioning of any man, woman, child, entity, or criminal causing havoc or questioning the Roman religion at that time in the middle-east or anywhwere. However, according to the bible, Jesus was the Roman's biggest enemy of the state and was caught and was crucified, but no Roman has ever mentioned him."

@Rhakim

@invalid

🤔🤔🤔

invalid

Banned
Daps

With respect to what that poster said, and specifically about the Egyptians, I'm not sure most scholars would agree the Egyptians were "excellent record keepers" or at least they would take issue with the word "excellent".

Yes, Egyptians kept records of many things, but they were idealist, not realist. Meaning, when it came to writings, inscriptions, depictions, they believed that these things lasted for eternity. And so, instead of writing/inscribing/depicting things how they happened in reality, they wrote/inscribed/depicted how they idealistically wanted things to be remembered for all time.

So anything that would have painted the Egyptians and/or Pharaohs in a negative light, it was not recorded, and if it was, would've been erased by a later Pharonic administration, or it was completely re-imagined altogether.

So the argument that the Exodus not being recorded by the Egyptians as evidence that it didn't happen is a very weak argument for anyone that has even the most cursory understanding of ancient Egyptian culture.

It's a reason why you don't see depictions of fat pharoahs or those in ill health.

It's a reason why you don't see many writings or depictions of defeats in wars or Egyptians taken into captivity.

It's a reason why out of its thousands of years of history, only one instance of a famine is recorded, which was in the Old Kingdom.

So why would they record the events of them encountering the foreign God of their foreign slaves pronouncing judgement upon them and turning the Egyptian system upside down?

There is nothing in me to think that they would.

I do believe there is evidence of it.

The name "Moses" is recorded in Egyptian history. The 18th dynasty was a dynasty of "Moses" Pharoahs.

In fact, the 18th dynasty is known as the "Thutmosid Royal Family". It's very interesting that, particularly, in this generation of Pharaohs, they changed the polytheistic religious landscape of Egypt to monotheism almost overnight. I'm not sure there are examples of this anywhere else in antiquity especially without the presence of any major monotheistic religions in proximity. So where did it come from because this was completely out of left field? This makes me believe they encountered something.

The only people who were in close proximity to the Egyptians that were monotheistic were the Hebrews, and biblical history places them squarely inside Egyptian culture. And the way Egypt turned monotheistic is portrayed as having arisen from within instead of influences that were from the outside.

It is also during this time, that they started depicting things "realistically". Metaphorically, this could be looked at as a short period in time when Egyptians realized "truth" - the truth of reality, the truth of one God. This period is also marked by unparalleled prosperity. Egypt was at the height of its wealth and power characteristic of empires that seemingly had an unlimited supply of free (see: slave) labor.

Unfortunately, later Pharaohs came and erased and then re-imagined the history during this time because it reflected their proud culture negatively.

So I think the Egyptians provide enough evidence that something happened. That they encountered something that arose from within. But they certainly would not have been explicit in writings because clearly the Exodus was a time when the Egyptian way of life was turned upside down.