Jimmy Butler's Run to the 2023 NBA Finals Is OBJECTIVELY More Impressive Than Any Run LeBron Had EDIT: @Rhakim Exposal Thread

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
80%/torn foot tendon LeBron still has the highest PER vs the Nuggets this year in the playoffs.

Ham should theoretically be better in year 2/although LeBron will be older.

Just dont have a player suddenly become useless like DLO and the outlook is much better than a Trail Blazers team who couldnt win a game against a KDless Warriors team.
Lebron is about to be 39 and AD was relatively healthy.

I just don’t think Lebron will ever be that guy pre injury. Too many factors going against him. Also you can pencil another injury for him next season so saying he was 80% means nothing. It’s going to be the same thing, history has shown that.

Ben.

Heisenbrook
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL

I just don’t think Lebron will ever be that guy pre injury. Too many factors going against him. Also you can pencil another injury for him next season so saying he was 80% means nothing. It’s going to be the same thing, history has shown that.
Good post, Bron old and washed :mjcry:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps

I think you can help limit the injuries he can sustain tho, by playing him less min per game in the regular season.

He should be on the Giannis plan of 33 a game in the regular season.

A huge reason he got hurt this year was trying to will that terrible roster to a winning record with AD out. Played wayy too many minutes

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I think you can help limit the injuries he can sustain tho, by playing him less min per game in the regular season.

A huge reason he got hurt this year was trying to will that terrible roster to a winning record with AD out. Played wayy too many minutes
And the game he tore his foot tendon was the Mavericks game come back. Ham didnt give him his normal break and he tore his foot a few mins later.

Now some of that is bad luck. Some of that is age. Some of that is LeBron wanting to be on the floor to help with the comeback. However, the organization and Bron need to be on the same page. Ham has to have to sense to realize dude is working extremely hard for this comeback and tell him he's gotta sit.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Bron ending the Warriors chapter really got you making dumb threads like this though, couldn't be me :mjlol:
thread triple plat. stay mad Jokic closed Bron's window :umad:

ofc it couldn't be you. No one cares about what some nikka named @Ben. has to say :laff:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby

Bron been 80% for his entire tenure with the Lakers outside the bubble :dead:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. I don’t think limiting his mins really changes things. He would have to change his entire play style, that’s the biggest issue. He wants to play like young Bron while being old. I just think penciling Bron as healthy next year is downright delusional.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

And the game he tore his foot tendon was the Mavericks game come back. Ham didnt give him his normal break and he tore his foot a few mins later.

Now some of that is bad luck. Some of that is age. Some of that is LeBron wanting to be on the floor to help with the comeback. However, the organization and Bron need to be on the same page. Ham has to have to sense to realize dude is working extremely hard for this comeback and tell him he's gotta sit.

Yup. Same was true after the injury too. Bron played at least 43 minutes in 5 different playoff games, he averaged 43 minutes against Denver. Whereas AD only played 43 minutes twice the entire postseason, and that's despite the fact that the Lakers didn't even have a backup center. GM and coaches need to do a better job of finding lineups that can survive without Bron in the game.

They've been overplaying him his entire tenure though. :yeshrug:

Bron has averaged 35.2 minutes/game since he became a Laker. That's too much at his age.

For comparison, at the same age that Bron was when he got to LA (33), Duncan averaged 28, 28, 30, 29, 29, 25 minutes the next six seasons. As a result, he was healthy and played well in every postseason from 2012 to 2015, when he was 35 to 38 years old.

If Lakers management had figured out a way to play Bron ~30 minutes a game, or alternatively load mange him 20 times a year like Kawhi, then maybe he would have been able to finish 2019, 2021, 2022, and 2023 healthier than he did.

Last edited: