JJ Abrams' "Overlord" (No Longer A Cloverfield Movie)

BeachBum Unreal

SD Born & Raised: 760, 619
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
shyt was lit. It's amazing what a breh can do with a PAWG on the line :ohlawd:

It was a decent flick tho, definitely room for a sequel

Somebody, a hiker maybe.. discovers the buried shyt in the present day and fukkery ensues

:manny:
Agree, I definitely would be all in for some type of sequel

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
I forgot this dropped today :ohhh:

I'll grab some popcorn and watch this tomorrow night.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I enjoyed it:obama:
Having the Black dudes mixed in with the white soldiers in 1944 did throw me off for a bit, especially Bokeem being their commanding officer:childplease:
RIP Grey Worm:wow:
I do agree with some that they this didn't go as far as they could with the zombie stuff
At the end that whole village should have came alive like Thriller:mj:
Especially the girl's Aunt that was part of the experiment but ending up getting sent home for no reason it seems
It didn't make sense because they burned everyone else
That story line ending up going no where
The director must not have liked whatever they filmed and punted on it since it ended up with her getting killed off camera
I like Kurt Russell Jr. as an actor though, looks like his dad:ehh:
We might need a sequel of Escape from NY with him as the lead:jbhmm:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Just saw this with wifey.

Looks like Call of Duty Zombies: The Movie
Basically....though it's a lil more like Call of Duty Meets Resident Evil: The Movie.

Great action scenes, especially at the beginning, and it definitely keeps you engaged throughout. But the premise wanes, and the end, to me, was on some real :stopitslime: shyt.

6.5/10

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
This movie would of been GREAT had it been a standard war film. The opening scene in itself was almost as good as that in Saving Private Ryan. Had the ENTIRE film been on that vibe, it would of been a masterful film. But, that shyt quickly fell to shyt. For real, fukk this movie for as a war film that ends up going nowhere and a so-called "Zombie" film with NO fukkING ZOMBIES. You have like bodies being experimented and nothing more, and the Germans trying to find the formula for Captain America's super soldier serum basically. That's basically it and it was barely used as a significant plot. The story itself was week with mostly filler. You could of taken the fake experiment to master the super soldier serum out of the still had the same result. That's how insignificant that was. And the acting by most of them aside from the lead actor was terrible. It's such a let down, especially how this film STARTED.
Pretty much.

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
Saw it tonight, I don't know if the director was intentionally going for a B-movie style or he is just that fukking bad at his job because some of this shyt is shot so goddamn poorly. Outside of the good performance from the main lead (Jovan Adepo from Fences) the rest of the cast is so bad (the white lead in particular is a miscast from hell) that scenes can be borderline unwatchable. And for a movie about Nazi zombie fukkery it never goes all in either so you keep waiting for it to go full Wolfenstein and it never gets there. It's cheap and poorly done and comes up short even as a piece of escapist cinema and you know that Abrams wished that he could have finessed people one last time here with his Cloverfield scam.
I felt the same. I was ok with the actors, standard WW2 stereotypes. Great actions scenes aswell.

However, for a zombie flick it never goes where it naturally should've gone.

B-

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
To each their own but this movie was ass cheeks pass the opening scene. Maybe it got. Etter but hit eject once old boy OD'd on that nazi juice

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't know what y'all were watching but this movie was dope. The zombies/super soldier serum wasn't even a major plot, it was a Macguffin. They made a point to show you only a handful of times. The movie even told you they had one mission only, everything else was a bonus. I liked that they didn't delve too much into the mad scientist angle. The war scenes and main villain were good enough.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know what y'all were watching but this movie was dope. The zombies/super soldier serum wasn't even a major plot, it was a Macguffin. They made a point to show you only a handful of times. The movie even told you they had one mission only, everything else was a bonus. I liked that they didn't delve too much into the mad scientist angle. The war scenes and main villain were good enough.
Only a few people itt don't like it

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I enjoyed it:obama:
Having the Black dudes mixed in with the white soldiers in 1944 did throw me off for a bit, especially Bokeem being their commanding officer:childplease:
RIP Grey Worm:wow:
I do agree with some that they this didn't go as far as they could with the zombie stuff
At the end that whole village should have came alive like Thriller:mj:
Especially the girl's Aunt that was part of the experiment but ending up getting sent home for no reason it seems
It didn't make sense because they burned everyone else
That story line ending up going no where
The director must not have liked whatever they filmed and punted on it since it ended up with her getting killed off camera
I like Kurt Russell Jr. as an actor though, looks like his dad:ehh:
We might need a sequel of Escape from NY with him as the lead:jbhmm:
Do you mean Bokeem as in...

Bokeem WOODBINE!!????
:gladbron:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Do you mean Bokeem as in...