Joe Biden to Black people: "You ain't black [if you don't vote for me]" Edit: He apologized

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Problem we have is a matter of numbers.

The Republicans ONLY chance of winning is going the white supremacy route. That is an AUTOMATIC no-go for us, so we start looking elsewhere.

If we vote for a 3rd Party, that makes it impossible for the Dems to win and so the White Supremacy Party wins by default.

If we vote for a 3rd Party and the Dems lose, they will start courting us harder to win our vote..........sounds good right?

If the Dems start courting us harder, the other parts of the Dem Coalition (some Latinos, moderate whites etc), will switch sides since that's what they want to do half the time anyway. Republicans still end up squeaking out wins. George W. Bush is a good example of a conservative that could pull Latinos. Trump is too overtly racist to pull this off.

Republicans have a high floor but a low ceiling. Democrats have way more 'potential' but have to rely on too many different groups to win. Because the Republicans have a high floor of roughly 40-45% of the electorate, they're praying that POC get disillusioned. Trump/McConnell and them boys don't really care what we do or who we vote for.....as long as we decide not to vote for the Dems. Any drop in participation from us is an automatic W for the GOP and they know it.

Until the Dems or some 3rd party peel off a higher number of rural/suburban whites, it's going to be rough. The Dems can't put all their eggs in any single basket because each of their constituencies has competing interests. Republicans have brainwashed their base so they can cater to the rich and still pull damn near half the voters, most of whom aren't even close to being rich. Democratic voters are more self-aware, which is why we're actually having this discussion in the first place.

To me, I'd rather just get Biden in so we can get Trump out. If the Dems can gain control of the House and Senate....we can reverse Trump's damage and then look for a candidate that can actually fix shyt. Biden is one-term....like a dude that comes off the bench to change the flow of the game a little.
While I agree with most of what you're saying, the biggest departure I have from it all is that its not on voters - its on the party.

If they can't present a candidate, platform, or policies that instill confidence then its on them and not the voters. As is, their open weakness has only led to party infighting which has invited many of the attacks we see regularly. The solution is simply to have a better candidate and at worst NOT alienate voting bases that have been loyal for generations. In many districts, the loss of just 10% of the black vote would destroy democratic presence in the area. That's not due to republicans being the same old republicans they've always been, its because we've got this absurd arrogance and hubris guiding the democratic party's leadership decisions.

I'm not gonna blame myself for seeing that Biden quote and being disgusted. No black person should. I and far too many others have already accommodated too much by trying to stomach not just Biden and his history but Hillary and her's as well before this.

If your voters don't want to vote for you, then its not the voters' fault. I'm never gonna be behind that.

And if you look at this campaign from the beginning, its hard to believe that the democrats even want to win or are taking this seriously.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
What exactly is wrong with the lesser of 2 evils? That Biden evil will appoint a liberal black supreme court justice, will promote alternative energy sourc s instead pf slobbin down the oil industry. And definitely handle pandemics better. Yeah, I'll take the lesser of 2 evils.

Fukk the c00ns, My N1gga Biden 2020

It has to be lesser of 2 evils, because collectively people will never agree on a candidate that isn't evil.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
His voting record from 1957 is more relevant to this discussion than me being a flat earther, yet you keep bringing that shyt up

that fool actually said his past voting record isn’t relevant. Lol. Brother you should’ve cut the convo with that clown right then if he doesn’t understand politics any better than that.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Zero respect for our vote on both sides. This shyt is wild. This is why only fukk with local elections. The democrats and republicans have zero respect because many black people blind allegiance. You use being black as reason why we should vote for you.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Problem we have is a matter of numbers.

The Republicans ONLY chance of winning is going the white supremacy route. That is an AUTOMATIC no-go for us, so we start looking elsewhere.

If we vote for a 3rd Party, that makes it impossible for the Dems to win and so the White Supremacy Party wins by default.

If we vote for a 3rd Party and the Dems lose, they will start courting us harder to win our vote..........sounds good right?

If the Dems start courting us harder, the other parts of the Dem Coalition (some Latinos, moderate whites etc), will switch sides since that's what they want to do half the time anyway. Republicans still end up squeaking out wins. George W. Bush is a good example of a conservative that could pull Latinos. Trump is too overtly racist to pull this off.

Republicans have a high floor but a low ceiling. Democrats have way more 'potential' but have to rely on too many different groups to win. Because the Republicans have a high floor of roughly 40-45% of the electorate, they're praying that POC get disillusioned. Trump/McConnell and them boys don't really care what we do or who we vote for.....as long as we decide not to vote for the Dems. Any drop in participation from us is an automatic W for the GOP and they know it.

Until the Dems or some 3rd party peel off a higher number of rural/suburban whites, it's going to be rough. The Dems can't put all their eggs in any single basket because each of their constituencies has competing interests. Republicans have brainwashed their base so they can cater to the rich and still pull damn near half the voters, most of whom aren't even close to being rich. Democratic voters are more self-aware, which is why we're actually having this discussion in the first place.

To me, I'd rather just get Biden in so we can get Trump out. If the Dems can gain control of the House and Senate....we can reverse Trump's damage and then look for a candidate that can actually fix shyt. Biden is one-term....like a dude that comes off the bench to change the flow of the game a little.
I agree with all of this. People trying so hard to be super woke and contrary that they can’t see the forest for the trees. This country isn’t going from Trump to progressive there’s going to have to be a transition.

bdkane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
College Park by way of East Bmore
Heavy focus on local elections. A lot black people have little focus on local elections. You push for more senators and congressman. You put pressure on local representatives first and move up. You focus on city council, mayor and governor as well. You leverage your vote at a city to state level first
Agreed but we have to walk and chew gum at the same time. This covid situation is a prime example that national elections matter as much. You can have your local locked down but the federal has to give you funds and support as well. We can't have a president holding up funds over personal squabbles.