Jon 'Bones' Jones going to rehab for Cocaine

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Guy Incognito like to grind up chicken bones and snort them at the movies. What a phag.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
My winning % doesn't take a hit. No contest

I9gGW.gif

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wasn't Diaz suspended a year for smoking weed? Wonder what Jones will get, if anything...

Post I read on SD that should clear up a few things:
In Competition vs. Out Of Competition And Why NSAC Won't Suspend Jones

There seems to be a lot of confusion about what is prohibited when, and what time periods "in-competition" and "out-of-competition" cover.

WADA maintains 2 main lists. One list has substances that are banned at all times. This includes anabolic steroids, growth hormones, masking agents, etc:

http://list.wada-ama.org/prohibited-all-times/prohibited-substances/

The other is for substances that are only banned in competition. Cocaine and THC are on this list.

http://list.wada-ama.org/prohibited-in-competition/prohibited-substances/

There are other lists for individual sports (alcohol is banned in archery, for example), but that's not relevant to Jones.

Jones was tested on December 4th, a full month before his fight. The definitions for "in-competition" and "out-of-competition" are in the WADA code:

https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/resources/files/wada-2015-world-anti-doping-code.pdf

Jones' failed test was out of competition. You can compare this to people busted for THC, like Nick Diaz, Matt Riddle, and others, who failed tests administered immediately before or after their fights. You could also compare it to someone like Sonnen, who tested positive while out of competition, but for substances that were on the "at all times" list, rather than the "in competition" list. Unless the NAC has wording in their regulations that redefines the competition period to cover training camps, or that recategorizes cocaine as a substance that is banned at all times, they don't really have cause to suspend Jones for a failed test. That wasn't the case with Diaz, Riddle, Healy, and others. It isn't that cocaine is considered less serious, it's that the test he failed wasn't immediately before or after the fight, it was a month away from it.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
What's yours? :yeshrug:
I can't tell you that.

Because if I tell you, you'll tell your friends, your friends are callin' me on the horn all the time, I gotta show up at shopping centers for openings and sign autographs and shyt like that and it makes my life a *hell*. Okay? A living hell.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Wasn't Diaz suspended a year for smoking weed? Wonder what Jones will get, if anything...

It was Nick second time testing positive for weed though (First was after the Gomi fight), thats why he got a long ban.....also Nick said it helps him concentrate & focus which makes it a PED in the eyes of the commission, was still a bullshyt decision though.

If this was some semi-famous MMA fighter in the UFC, they would of made a example out of him but since Jon Jones & is the 1 of the biggest stars in the sport, they letting him slide with this bullshyt.

Even if cocaine isn't considered a PED, it's a class A illegal substance & the fight should be turned in to a 'No Contest'.