Jon 'Bones' Jones going to rehab for Cocaine

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I know a dude that trained with him and went out with those dudes a couple days and said he parties like no other. Which shouldn't be surprising. he got so much paper so young. This guy did an anti drinking and driving commercial and got a DUI right after. This shouldn't surprise anyone.

I'm honestly not that bothered by it. If he wasn't high during the fight, I don't think it matters, and even then. I don't think it would've impacted the fight.

If he truly feels he has a problem and isn't just doing it for the PR, then as someone who has had some issues with a few vices myself, I wish him the best on cleaning up.

Pretty much my feelings on it as well. Speaking as someone who worked on Wall Street for 5 years, I knew plenty of people who were in major positions of power and prestige who were using coke recreationally. It is what it is. There's drug use and abuse, if he feels he's spiralling out of control I wish him the best on his recovery.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
I can't tell you that.

Because if I tell you, you'll tell your friends, your friends are callin' me on the horn all the time, I gotta show up at shopping centers for openings and sign autographs and shyt like that and it makes my life a *hell*. Okay? A living hell.

:stopitslime: Maaaan getcho dumbass outta here, you on coke too.

LCwNg9Y.gif

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Pretty much my feelings on it as well. Speaking as someone who worked on Wall Street for 5 years, I knew plenty of people who were in major positions of power and prestige who were using coke recreationally. It is what it is. There's drug use and abuse, if he feels he's spiralling out of control I wish him the best on his recovery.

Exactly. The amount of functional drug users is amazing. Especially drinkers. I swear if alcohol was a new thing and just got invented, it would be illegal as shyt.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

Exactly. The amount of functional drug users is amazing. Especially drinkers. I swear if alcohol was a new thing and just got invented, it would be illegal as shyt.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

shyt's crazy breh. I'm like :rudy: when I hear cats talking about don't do drugs, etc etc. You know how many people I knew that had jobs making 7 figures a year that were habitually doing coke and really had no visible ill effects? Who am I to tell them " :ufdup: put that nose candy down or you'll never make anything of your life". It's like Marlo said man, you want things to be one way, but it's the other way

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:stopitslime: Maaaan getcho dumbass outta here, you on coke too.

LCwNg9Y.gif
Nah never tried. I don't have nefarious friends.

I did submit a purple belt off half a bottle of grey goose though.

I became a legend for that :whoo: this jit's is in my dna now

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why Jon Jones was allowed to fight after positive drug test, and what comes next

The unanswerable question at this stage is why a test was conducted for street drugs. No one at the commission can answer that and it appears that the test was done erroneously.

One person familiar with the procedures involved in anti-doping said a test for recreational drugs, or so-called drugs of abuse, would not be following the WADA Code and thus shouldn't have been done.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-jo...2-after-positive-drug-test-075021247-mma.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"That was a bit of an anomaly that will be addressed [at the next NAC hearing on] Jan. 12. It was not a report requested by the NAC. It appears to have been an administrative oversight."

Jones was actually tested twice on Dec. 4 because, according to Bennett, his first urine sample was a bit "watery." Both tests were positive for cocaine metabolites.

Jones' next out-of-competition drug screening following the Dec. 4 test came on Dec. 18. He passed that test, however, he was not tested for cocaine because, as Bennett stated, that was an "anomaly."

"Just for out of competition drugs such as anabolic steroids, no street drugs," Bennett said when asked if Jones was tested for cocaine and other recreational drugs after the Dec. 4 test.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/7...mmission-calls-jon-jones-drug-test-failure-an

If he wanted to, Jon could sue.

Last edited: