Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
According to Webster:
fem·i·nism
noun\ˈfe-mə-ˌni-zəm\
: the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities

: organized activity in support of women's rights and interests

If this statement applies to someone to any extent then they technically can be labled a feminist whether they declare it or not. You've met plenty of people who are feminist and don't even know it and I am sure plenty of them are happy. I am feminist and quite happy.

You cannot have equal rights for EVERYTHING when men and women are inherently unequal from birth. What feminists want is all the rights of men that they find to be an advantage and exclude male disadvantages such as having to register for selective service, which if you don't you could go also not receive financial aid. That only applies to me. Then they also want special rights such as abortion. Let's not talk about the family courts which have huge bias towards women. Even subsided housing and welfare heavily geared towards women. Women actually have more rights, liberties, and freedom than men do and its easy to prove. I cannot name one right that men have that women do not have.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
So, base on the diction of the word and your explanation, it seems like many of the posters misconstrue the word feminism for male bashing/ anti-matriarchal society. I wish you would had post this in the beginning of thread so that many of disgruntled posters wouldn't be so
bashful toward women who wants a responsible man as their mate.

That definition is does not apply to black feminist

According to Coli brehs:
black fem·i·nism
noun\\ˈblak\ˈfe-mə-ˌni-zəm\
: the belief that black men ain't shyt and black women should maintain their matriarchal power grasp in the black community.

: organized activity in support of black male bashing, bed wenching, and dyking.

Again, black feminist and white feminist do not have the same goals.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
In my experience black females are the meanest females I've ever encountered. I've never been not cordial to a black female without a reason not to be. I seriously feel strong sense of entitlement and extreme paranoia with the majority of american twenty something black females. It fukking sucks to be honest. They're the only females I mess with too.

Lmao I don't know why I find this to be so funny.

AlreadyKnow

Southern Belle
Daps
Reppin
in your wallet
There are many types and eras of feminists. Feminism is a general term used to describe many subjects and opinions in relation to the rights of women. I doesn't mean everyone who declares themselves a feminist has the same opinions on every subject. Like you said "A lot of them hate sex work of any kind" and a lot heavily advocate for it and yet both groups are feminist. . Again the fact that someone wouldn't know this says that they know little about actual feminism.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
Yes, thats right brehs. I was kicking it with my sistas tonight in hopes of learning more about the unspoken war that black women have to deal with. Turns out it wasnt a war, it was more about unspoken depression that they feel from society. I was there just listening for like maybe 2 hours. I took in a lot of stuff from them, to a point now that I had to leave my feelings at the door to fully grasp their struggle with depression, abandonment. raped and most importantly...being misunderstood.

First off, their struggles are completely different from white femisin. While they have been accepted to some type of degree to society black women havent. I mean black women are targeted the most by serial killers due to the lack of acknowledgement they get on television. But they know thats not gonna happen so thats not their main goal. Their main goal is to recognize by black men and other black women. Being so quick to be written off about feelings and struggles as being bitter and non submissive they tend to keep it to themselves, until it bust out into the scene. When that happens we black men tend to walk away from it. With good reason I mean who wanna hear that shyt right? Wrong...I think if we just listen to them more and see if its something we can do, their feelings wont explode into a rage...but into sadness and relief.

No this meeting wasnt about fukk black men group, these women love us to death and we wouldnt dream about leaving us for other races. But as one sista put where can they go too, most interracial relationships are geared towards black men. White men dont really care for black women the way that they want to be cared for. Then came the question of " well who do "? This one thing this sista said kinda touched a nerve, but it was true. She said " Its not that Im mad at black men, Im heart broken at not being protected by them " Black men are being killed everyday in these streets by each other, by police and by themselves. Theyre being locked up faster than we can hug them. With them gone, who is here to protect us?

Which raises the question, have we really abandon our women? Not on purpose of course, but she's right, for every man that's taken away from this life or society leaves a woman without her man Has society conditioned us black men to think all black women should look like video models with light skin and straight hair and should fukk us whenever we kick out money? Which raises questions about the whole independent women movement. As another sista said, that concept has been exploited and turned into something that has nothing to do with their struggles. It went from black women doing for themselves since their men were taken away, either killed, locked up or just got up and left. It wasnt meant to be that they dont need a man or that they dont want one. It was a defense mechanism to cope with being abandon. Todays young black women are working with a different version of that movement aka the destiny child babies in order to counter act the money over bytches movement. Not my words folks, but hers.

I questioned their choices in men, a bunch of them questioned it too. Their conclusion was the as mine. Can't expect a women to learn what a real man is when she never had one in her life. They also questioned our choice in women. I tried to break it down to her the best way I can. None of us want virgins, all of us wanna fukk on the first date and sometimes we dont think about the women we fukk. Then she told me to imagine the pressure of being under those standards. Thinking that if you dont give yourself to this man he will leave, you wont find another since not a lot men wants to be virgins. Society pressure for a woman to have a man and have a family by a certain age. So you do it and he leaves, then what? Just for like a man to have sex with a woman and get her pregnant just to get done dirty with child support and make your life a living hell is the same for us women that have sex with no good men, get pregnant just to be abandon. We are not that all different, besides us going through morning sickness and carrying a child's life thats life maybe cut in half. Most black men dont bury their kids, the mothers do.

Its was more stuff that was discussed, but it wasnt like anything I could imagine. Here Im thinking it was gonna be like LSA but in IRL. Instead it was just a bunch of black women just expressing how they feel and how they want to be heard, some perm, some natural, light skin, dark skin, big, skinny. Working, Not working, kids, not kids, single, taken. Regardless of the background these women just want to be loved and respected by those who they feel has been conditioned not to love them or not to show emotion. Think these women learned how to leaving their feelings at the door and learned to forgive us. I plan on going to these meetings every now and then to document stuff and maybe to speak with these women one on one.

It was a sad yet refreshing experience, but Im happy I went to show these women that black men do care about their feelings.

shyt man! I know they got shyt like this in Atlanta, I'd love to listen but I ain't trying to be targeted up in there. Just want to listen

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
So, base on the diction of the word and your explanation, it seems like many of the posters misconstrue the word feminism for male bashing/ anti-matriarchal society. I wish you would had post this in the beginning of thread so that many of disgruntled posters wouldn't be so bashful toward women who wants a responsible man as their mate.

Yes! Sorry whenever I make a post there are usually a few people who feel the need to say that my opinion isn't valuable b/c of my occupation which is ridiculous since I am obviously not stupid and quite knowledgeable so I only respond if I am ready to defend myself.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
You cannot have equal rights for EVERYTHING when men and women are inherently unequal from birth. What feminists want is all the rights of men that they find to be an advantage and exclude male disadvantages such as having to register for selective service, which if you don't you could go also not receive financial aid. That only applies to me. Then they also want special rights such as abortion. Let's not talk about the family courts which have huge bias towards women. Even subsided housing and welfare heavily geared towards women. Women actually have more rights, liberties, and freedom than men do and its easy to prove. I cannot name one right that men have that women do not have.

As I have already said there are varying degrees of feminism. But feminism itself is a very general term. Some feminist do believe that the only way to achieve equality is through the masculinization of the female. I personally do NOT agree with that. I am a feminist however I am not opposed to gender rolls as long as those rolls do not lessen the value of either party. However I do believe that women should be able to be educated, own property, have equal pay for doing the same job as men and should not be seen as the property of their husbands, fathers etc.

The world you see today is a result of the work of many feminist and civil rights workers. All of the things you mentioned were not always so. They were not just given out. That legislation was pasted b/c there was an overwhelming amount of sexism that was not allowing women to support themselves and/or families or have say so over their own bodies. So laws/implementations were/are put into place to give women a fighting chance.

It may seem to you like women have it made in the shade but I can assure you they are needed. Women in general are still no where as financially or socially successful as their male counter parts. And until that is no longer the case such laws are needed.

As far as the family, as you've said we are are different. B/c women are the ones who create children in our bodies and are usually charged with their care it is only right that any matters that are for the benefit of children would ultimately favor the a child's caregiver AKA usually women.

At the same time, feminism is not about taking away from males. It is about stopping the abuse (socially, physically, financially ) of women. Any woman who uses feminism to put down or demonize men is not a good or fair representation of feminism.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Only 10 percent of black people make 50 thousand dollars a year. Are alot of these frustrations whether they know it or not revolving around how broke nikkas are. When they say, i dont feel safe are they in a way speaking on the lack of stability men can provide as providers. 2 people making 70k a year in a city with a real estate market that makes upgrading unrealistic can cause problems. I just wonder, is it because nikkas are broke?

:what: is this a forreal stat breh? So the talented tenth is still relevant today :snoop: out of 40million black folks, only 4 million make that? :wow:
I've never been so saddened to be apart of an 'exclusive' club :sadcam:

by now we should have 4 million millionaires :why:

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
:what: is this a forreal stat breh? So the talented tenth is still relevant today :snoop: out of 40million black folks, only 4 million make that? :wow:
I've never been so saddened to be apart of an 'exclusive' club :sadcam:

by now we should have 4 million millionaires :why:
Lets just say its 15 to 20 for the non believers. 3 percent make 6 figures