Just came back from a black feminist meeting

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
The bolded is exactly why instead of feminist groups we need black community groups...with that group the women can have a sub group to discuss issues that they deal with but the idea of black feminism just sounds like divide and conquer. If black women and black men came together groups lie this would be more effective.
289yhpf.jpg

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
The bolded is exactly why instead of feminist groups we need black community groups...with that group the women can have a sub group to discuss issues that they deal with but the idea of black feminism just sounds like divide and conquer. If black women and black men came together groups lie this would be more effective.

One of the main issues they brought up was that the black man was being taken out of the community which caused the imbalance (no fathers, no providers no protectors). So that alone should say that we need more emphasis on maintaining the family structure.

Who are all the people contributing to breaking up the family home...attention needs to be placed on them also, not just the black man or black woman.

I agree with you, but understand these women are afraid to speak out, some was even worried about what I might say about them. They get written off as being bitter so many times, its literally destroys them because all they wanna do is be heard by us. To some degree i think us men are afraid of agreeing with them, god knows I was. I didnt wanna feel soft and agreeing with women about blaming my brothers would have make me worse but it wasnt that they was blaming us, they was just speaking from the heart and I had to leave my feelings at the door to understand them.. I think we have to do work in our groups before we can help each other, cause it can take on comment to be taken the wrong way and its all over.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everything with black people is just to extreme. Either we are too militant, to "white washed" to hood, or to nerdy..... Combine that with the fact that each type hates on the other for being the way they are.... there's just a big disconnect.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree with you, but understand these women are afraid to speak out, some was even worried about what I might say about them. They get written off as being bitter so many times, its literally destroys them because all they wanna do is be heard by us. To some degree i think us men are afraid of agreeing with them, god knows I was. I didnt wanna feel soft and agreeing with women about blaming my brothers would have make me worse but it wasnt that they was blaming us, they was just speaking from the heart and I had to leave my feelings at the door to understand them.. I think we have to do work in our groups before we can help each other, cause it can take on comment to be taken the wrong way and its all over.
should have lightened the mood and asked them about last nights episode of scandal :mjpls:

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
i already tried to explain that to him but he seems to believe we're doing alright as a collective.
We're so fukkin far behind its ridiculous. Definately have to think about other cities because i swear these feminists pop up in cities that have the highest property value rates. Im in the 6 figure range and the house i can get in L.A with my income, in my opinion is shyt, compared to where i grew up in the south. We're considering moving to Houston in a few years.

These are the most feminist cities. All of which have high property value compared to the average income for black males in the area.

NYC-NJ-eastern PA-CT Area
vote_lcap.gif
voting_bar.gif
vote_rcap.gif
36%( 4 )
Chicagoland Area (including Milwaukee which is only 2 hours away)
vote_lcap.gif
voting_bar.gif
vote_rcap.gif
18%( 2 )
San Francisco Bay Area (including Oakland and San Jose)
vote_lcap.gif
voting_bar.gif
vote_rcap.gif
9%( 1 )
Atlanta-Marietta-Alpharetta Area
vote_lcap.gif
voting_bar.gif
vote_rcap.gif
9%( 1 )
Boston metro Area
vote_lcap.gif
voting_bar.gif
vote_rcap.gif
9%( 1 )
DC-Maryland-northern Virginia Area
vote_lcap.gif
voting_bar.gif
vote_rcap.gif
9%( 1 )
Other US metro Area

Its the money. The women expect more out of the men in areas where their income is not conducive to property ownership and the traditional American dream.

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps
My expectations? My expectations are that you hold reasonable expectations for yourself rather than holding society's expectations to a higher degree than your own, so yes if you don't meet my expectation which is to strive to meet your own expectations rather than societies then I really don't give a fukk. And I'm not asking for much other than for you to be true to yourself. You act like I'm requesting bytches to be goddesses and shyt, I'm really not.

I didnt say you wasnt but I think you forgetting about the damage that has been done to black women by society, being true to themselves result in them being shunned by most of us men. I mean they just wanna be loved and unfortunately some of them dont know where to start. All I can ask is for you to forgive them and show them

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps
:ehh: i'd probably get stabbed in the parking lot if i went to a feminist group meeting. would give you props for going into the lions den, but knowing you -- it was just a way to get some easy single mother p*ssy. :leostare:

Im better than that marcuz, I know we dont agree on a lot of stuff but aleast show me that much respect lol

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps
How many of those feminist are married/engaged/serious relationship with a man making 6 figures vs the number that have consistently earned more money then the men they date or make the same amount ranging from 25-38k. Its the money man.

From what I gather it was a mixed crowd, their income I have no idea.

As I said before I will ask next time

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps
i already tried to explain that to him but he seems to believe we're doing alright as a collective.

I never said that, I just said we dont need to be rich to be happy and shyt man, money doesnt mean happiness, Ask them celebs

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
While they have been accepted to some type of degree to society black women havent. I mean black women are targeted the most by serial killers due to the lack of acknowledgement they get on television. But they know thats not gonna happen so thats not their main goal.

this is false breh. Most serial killers(white) target non blacks. look that up. :comeon:

. Their main goal is to recognize by black men and other black women. Being so quick to be written off about feelings and struggles as being bitter and non submissive they tend to keep it to themselves, until it bust out into the scene. When that happens we black men tend to walk away from it. With good reason I mean who wanna hear that shyt right? Wrong...I think if we just listen to them more and see if its something we can do, their feelings wont explode into a rage...but into sadness and relief.

One of the main ideologies of black feminists is to shyt on black men, its not about bein recognized..... What struggles do these black feminist have that black men dont? :beli: If a black woman wants to go off on a nikka, all that sittin there quiet listenin isnt gonna stop her from doin so.

No this meeting wasnt about fukk black men group, these women love us to death and we wouldnt dream about leaving us for other races. White men dont really care for black women the way that they want to be cared for..

This is TOTAL bullshyt. alot of these black feminists worship and praise white men and the white power structure. (see kola Boof) They were in there bullshyttin in front of you breh :comeon:

It went from black women doing for themselves since their men were taken away, either killed, locked up or just got up and left. It wasnt meant to be that they dont need a man or that they dont want one. It was a defense mechanism to cope with being abandon.

These black feminists have been trained and conditioned that they dont need a man. They can have as many kids as they want and the govt will fund them. they dont need a man in the home. This whole "defense mechanism" theory is bullshyt breh

@Willstyles

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps
yeah, yeah. we'll revisit this when you make a "i fukked a black feminist" thread sometime next week. :troll:

These women are still recovering and learning their voice to express how they feel. Im a man that wanna be there when they do.

Im not gonna try to mess up what these women have going for themselves and for us men

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never said that, I just said we dont need to be rich to be happy and shyt man, money doesnt mean happiness, Ask them celebs

:what: lets talk about rich once the majority of us are stable and have our own economic base. nobody said money equates happiness but i'm willing to bet money can bring joy long before extreme poverty.