Just came back from a black feminist meeting

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
:wow: That theory of yours is more true than people would like to believe. The whole save the ethnic people over the world but destroy your own black citizens dynamic still baffles me. I had a white college professor tell me one of the realist things I ever heard...he told me if your ever at an older Caucasian family's home and they are hosting you as a guest. Ask to see old family pictures and souvenirs they've kept. He told me the further you dig you would likely find a picture of a lynching that was used as a postcard and see a younger version of their grandfather in the picture. So they wouldn't really let you see photos before the 70's. Told me about how his own family members act cool in public but long for the "good ole days" when "times were different". Thats a different thread for a different day though. :mjpls:

I agree that the men need to be a bigger part of raising these kids. A man is going to be able to reach a young male in ways that a woman can't reach him and a young lady should learn how to be treated by a man from her father.

The mental illness thing is a tragedy. I think it has a lot to do with shame and not wanting to seem weak to outsiders.

White folk love to act like that was so long ago though, another reason you shouldn't fukk with them unless you absolutely have to.

The thing is, white women love to vent about their issues about being women but they were compliant in the mistreatment of black people. They'll go on and on about feminism, but shyt on black feminists, because when they say feminism they mean the only thing that makes them somewhat disenfranchised is the fact that they have a p*ssy between they legs. Let's not forget that most of them make more money than all men of color, not just black men. So why check for a movement that isn't checking for you, or ya brothas, uncles, husbands, sons?

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
....first of all, I love how you racially sequester your tangent as if beautiful, accomplished women from all other racial categories are habitually dating dishwashers, fast food workers, etc....anyway, cant win here: when black women take a chance on a diamond in the rough --- and it just turns out to be rough (which is the immediate dating pool for many low income people), they are ridiculed for having a kid with a loser, and shunned as single mother. If they show some discipline, and create standards that they expect men to meet before they get seriously involved, then its "look at this uppity nikker bytch who dont wanna take a chance on me, Imma show her and get me a white girl as soon as my fortunes change" (as if the white woman was down from day one, lol)

Just say that you have been indoctrinated by the european standards of beauty, and you prefer white women. Stop trying to insult everyone's intelligence.

:wow: thanks breh, I was only looking at it one sided from my experience of not having enough. I have completely forgot about everything you just said.

Thank you

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
4vLJk.gif

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps

1. I'm in California...I'm just now getting up and starting my day so I haven't been on the coli. Since September I haven't been on here before like 2 or 3pm EST.

2. I've maintained for a very long time that I am not a feminist. I believe in equality, but I also have my own personal beliefs, ideologies, and ways that I live my life that don't necessarily align with any particular group. I am my own individual. I wish people would stop trying to put me in a box.

3. Even if I was a feminist and subscribed to all of the ideology attached to it, I've learned not to discuss real life issues with the men on this board. They are either too stupid to comprehend it or they are way too immature to actually even read/listen to what you have to say before they dismiss it as bullshyt. I learned a long time ago not to waste my time.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
3. Even if I was a feminist and subscribed to all of the ideology attached to it, I've learned not to discuss real life issues with the men on this board. They are either too stupid to comprehend it or they are way too immature to actually even read/listen to what you have to say before they dismiss it as bullshyt. I learned a long time ago not to waste my time.

Well damn, that settles that:yeshrug:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

dIWnI7j.gif

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Nah that is where you are wrong...that would be an entirely other thread...and I ain't even in to white chicks like that period...but other races of women...especially white women...are much more likely to stay with a man who has "potential" than wait for a man to be "good"...

in my example would the white chick be with the dude at the dishwasher phase...probably not

but by the waiter to cook face...yeah...she would...cause she would say to herself..."hhmmm...next move after cook is bartender...manager...something that pays good money...i am not going to just have him move in with me but I am definitely gonna be flirting...definitely gonna be some groping...definitely gonna be giving him head once a month..."
All women are like that but I agree, Black women have forgot that we Black. That's why they chance the same men and brothers forgot they are Black as well. This is what happens when you let the white man blind your thoughts and belief. Prime example: @Napoleon

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Interesting read. Much different than white feminists who just want to grow their underarm hair, emasculate all men and blame men for everything bad.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Some of y'all nikkaz can continue to believe and understand the "plight of black feminists" all u want.

But I will keep tellin yall over and over that the black feminists movement is a crock of bullshyt.
I will probably sound like a broken record by now. But I keep askin y'all to ask a black feminists what is their purpose of being a black feminist.

Ask them what issues do they have that are seperate from those of black men.

Ask them how is their struggle against the white power structure is in any way different from those of black men.

I guarantee you they will give u a bunch of bullshyt and empty dead end answers that ultimatley make no sense.

All this shyt about "they just want to be heard" is bullshyt.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
1. I'm in California...I'm just now getting up and starting my day so I haven't been on the coli. Since September I haven't been on here before like 2 or 3pm EST.

2. I've maintained for a very long time that I am not a feminist. I believe in equality, but I also have my own personal beliefs, ideologies, and ways that I live my life that don't necessarily align with any particular group. I am my own individual. I wish people would stop trying to put me in a box.

SouthernBelle, are you from GA or go to college in GA? :lupe:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The more I listen to Tariq rant about black feminism, the less I understand his point.

1. Dude says they haven't accomplished anything, therefore they're not a movement...which is ridiculous.

2. Then dude says that black men always support black women so black feminists must be against black men...which is just ridiculous.

3. He claims that feminism is inherently anti-minority...which isn't true.

ARE THERE RACIST ASPECTS OF WHITE FEMALE FEMINISM? Sure.

But I don't see whats so hard to understand that a black woman might support womens causes AND black causes. :ld:

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
:wow: thanks breh, I was only looking at it one sided from my experience of not having enough. I have completely forgot about everything you just said.

Thank you

I feel for you, brotha....you posted a real dynamic first hand account about the aims and ambitions of "black feminism". Its falling on deaf ears w/ so many around here, because its inconsistent w/ the silly anti-woman stereotypes that have been reified by the no mamm, coli c00n patrol. You experienced some real sht, with some powerful, good-natured, well meaning sistas who want to be down , but you might as well have taken what you typed in the OP, and wrote it on a piece of paper to discuss it with a pack of wild hyenas. The convo probably wouldnt be any less stimulating.

At any rate, I really salute and commend you for your continued character, and for the brilliant post. Its much appreciated by real heads. We need more like ya, fam.