Just prayin' for 200,000 buys: (12/10/16) UFC 206: Max"Blessed"Holloway vs. Anthony"Showtime"Pettis

Who wins the main event?

• Max "blessed" Holloway

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Anthony "showtime" Pettis

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Of all the great fights last night KG's performance was the highlight of the show for me.

I could watch that sanctimonious f@ggot Tim Kennedy get worked all day :ahh:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Outside of like 3 ppl the UFC is real :francis: right now
I'm only checking for Connor, Diaz (either), both JJs (polish chick & Jon Jones), Cyborg (chick cyborg not the dude), Rumble, Yoel, or the leglock dude... Ryan something, I think.

Asside from that its whatever.

EDIT: and Mighty Mouse. Forgot him,

And I'm not spending a penny til they hire a black ring card girl. Its straight watching that shyt for free til then. :hubie:

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Choi vs. Zombie main eventing a card in Korea....too early, brehs?

Anyway...matches to make:

Holloway-Aldo
Cerrone-Maia for the no.1 slot
Swanson-Stephens
Lando-Barboza

Spartan

God Of War
Daps
Reppin
Olympus
Rewatching Choi vs Cub.

:whoo:

That second round might be the best round I've seen all year. A1 stand and bang. :whew:

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he wasn't wrong though, sure Pettis fell out but we're starting to see more flashy styles and striking diversity in the cage.

Yep...Pettis is a trailblazer. Dude has influenced a lot of fighters and will continue to do so as a coach/gym owner.

A short prime but one hell of a resume...top 5 lightweight all-time. Would like to see him fight one more time then retire.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Choi vs. Zombie main eventing a card in Korea....too early, brehs?

Anyway...matches to make:

Holloway-Aldo
Cerrone-Maia for the no.1 slot
Swanson-Stephens
Lando-Barboza

I wouldnt do Choi/Zombie against each other in Korea. I would have them in separate fights. That would make the card much better.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
he wasn't wrong though, sure Pettis fell out but we're starting to see more flashy styles and striking diversity in the cage.
New breed of fighter are Royce Gracie, Anderson Silva or lyoto machida types that come into the game with a style or strength that's like a puzzle no one can solve. Not someone that attempts a high risk move with little impact to make sportcenter or have fans saying wooooo. Any bone head can incorporate something flashy into their arsenal it's just a question of risk and reward the people I mentioned had the whole the sport gazing

Triangularbirds

All Star
Daps
New breed of fighter are Royce Gracie, Anderson Silva or lyoto machida types that come into the game with a style or strength that's like a puzzle no one can solve. Not someone that attempts a high risk move with little impact to make sportcenter or have fans saying wooooo. Any bone head can incorporate something flashy into their arsenal it's just a question of risk and reward the people I mentioned had the whole the sport gazing
Does the term breed sounds like it is used to describe a unique fighter to you ? Because I'm pretty sure it's the exact opposite of that.

Also it's not about high risk moves, it's just what striking is about, it's the same principle as feints, you go for something you've set your opponent up not to expect or be able to react to, and that's exactly what that showtime kick was.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Does the term breed sounds like it is used to describe a unique fighter to you ? Because I'm pretty sure it's the exact opposite of that.

Also it's not about high risk moves, it's just what striking is about, it's the same principle as feints, you go for something you've set your opponent up not to expect or be able to react to, and that's exactly what that showtime kick was.
Did you just make a parallel between feints (which is a prerequisite with any component striker) and a dude walking on a cage throwing a kick?

Triangularbirds

All Star
Daps
Did you just make a parallel between feints (which is a prerequisite with any component striker) and a dude walking on a cage throwing a kick?
it being a basic skill doesn't prevent it to rest on the same principle as other optional things does it ?

The principle I stated is what both feints and "excentric" striking rely on, that shyt is only random to the opponent's eye, and that's what makes both feints and that kind of striking efficient.