Just started a Low carb diet this week..

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Depends on what you mean by counting it. Relative to carbs, it isn't digested so there isn't a need to count it towards your carbs.

im doing IIFYM and I have a limit of about 100 carbs (grams) but I limit myself to <90 (usually around 85) but that's just going by the label on the food. I don't take away fiber.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Fats are supper easy on low carb diets:

Burgers, chicken thighs, etc :noah:

Net carb=Carbs minus fiber. For example if a cup of veggies has 10 grams of carbs but 6 grams of fiber, you would only consider that 4 net carbs.
no bun though :ufdup:

lol

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Daps and Reps to yall

another question tho, how are you guys making sure you get all your vitamins and minerals?

Im noticing im not getting enough Iron and Potassium, but I get enough vitamins due to my one a day vitamin.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
im doing IIFYM and I have a limit of about 100 carbs (grams) but I limit myself to <90 (usually around 85) but that's just going by the label on the food. I don't take away fiber.
as long as you avoid starchy vegetables then you shold be fine with IIFYM.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Daps and Reps to yall

another question tho, how are you guys making sure you get all your vitamins and minerals?

Im noticing im not getting enough Iron and Potassium, but I get enough vitamins due to my one a day vitamin.
I eat meat, and lots of green vegetables. haven't really had a problem.
I don't eat fruit though. Except with a yogurt once in awhile

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Daps and Reps to yall

When I'm point I'm getting a lot of green vegetables and the red meat covers my iron. That and the multis I take seem to cover it.

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
just stay away from starchy and sugary foods and you should be fine with what you are doing.
I think I've been doing it wrong though... I've been counting just the carbs on the back of the labels

Am I suppose to be count net carbs instead..?

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Idk:damn:

Help me :damn:

If you are losing weight with the amount of food you are eating, the bottom line is nothing else matters.

However if you dont eat enough fibre you will be constipated.. or at least face difficulties which is why i mentioned that in particular.

If you get some veggies in .. you should be OK or if your like me and a big child who thinks veggies are scust consider psyllium husks (basically powdered fibre).. i mix a serving with my protein shakes or just a glass of water.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think I've been doing it wrong though... I've been counting just the carbs on the back of the labels

Am I suppose to be count net carbs instead..?
Yes, only thing that matters. It will also ensure you get enough carbs and fibre in your diet