Just started a Low carb diet this week..

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You do realize you don't know everything right? The fact that you've never heard of net carbs means absolutely nothing other than you've never heard of net carbs. Nothing "fugazi" about it. How you deduced that he's taking in 75-100 carbs a day without him saying what he eats is quite astounding.

was going based off the example posted in here :yeshrug:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You do realize you don't know everything right? The fact that you've never heard of net carbs means absolutely nothing other than you've never heard of net carbs. Nothing "fugazi" about it. How you deduced that he's taking in 75-100 carbs a day without him saying what he eats is quite astounding.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Bruhs,

I made some scrambled eggs with coconut oil, salt, pepper, and some cut up pieces of Jalapeno bacon (3 total slices) for breakfast this morning.

:ohlawd:

407 calories
24 g protein
34 g fats
0 carbs

making a breakfast like that in 5 minutes....I can't beleive I ever wasted my time with cereal, bagels, or even toast before.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't know what example I gave that you got 75-100 carbs from.
But I haven't eaten anything close to that for over a month.

been strict low carb 15-25 net carb or about 20-30 carbs /day

most of my carbs come from veggies like asparagus, broccoli, lettuce, spinach, etc.
some cheese
almonds

high fiber foods.

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
Figured I'd drop a 1st week update..

When I first got on the scale on March 29th I weighed in at 219.6

Today when I got on the scale it read, 210.0 even

I know most of its water weight, but its cool to see the numbers dropping..

** On sunday I went out with my to the city and fukked up n had a sub sandwich n small fry.. It was worth it tho :whew:

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Figured I'd drop a 1st week update..

When I first got on the scale on March 29th I weighed in at 219.6

Today when I got on the scale it read, 210.0 even

I know most of its water weight, but its cool to see the numbers dropping..

** On sunday I went out with my to the city and fukked up n had a sub sandwich n small fry.. It was worth it tho :whew:
got to try to avoid that as much as possible. I know its hard. Biggest thing for me is the beer. I love beer. and especially craft beer which is so high in carbs. so basically the few times I've gone out drinking or have had afew drinks when friends come over I've been drinking some rye/whisky(most Crown Royal) with diet coke. :manny: but zero carbs.

but other than that good job on the progress. Good to see ppl making gains on their goals.

I'm gonna stick with this plan for at least a full 90 days. trying to get down to 13-14% BF. I haven't measured yet but I've seen some small changes. Gonna boost my cardio a bit more though. Only been doin 2 times a week. gonna up it to at least 3-4 times.

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
got to try to avoid that as much as possible. I know its hard. Biggest thing for me is the beer. I love beer. and especially craft beer which is so high in carbs. so basically the few times I've gone out drinking or have had afew drinks when friends come over I've been drinking some rye/whisky(most Crown Royal) with diet coke. :manny: but zero carbs.

but other than that good job on the progress. Good to see ppl making gains on their goals.

I'm gonna stick with this plan for at least a full 90 days. trying to get down to 13-14% BF. I haven't measured yet but I've seen some small changes. Gonna boost my cardio a bit more though. Only been doin 2 times a week. gonna up it to at least 3-4 times.
Idk man... It's gonna be hard not to have at least one carb full meal with my girl on the weekend..

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

How hard are you working out? 90 days that way depending on volume could be problem.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
How hard are you working out? 90 days that way depending on volume could be problem.
I'm doing my regular workouts 3 days a week, plus cardio 2 days. (1 distance run and 1 HIIT day)
Gonna try to add another day of HIIT

I haven't had any energy problems on this diet and its been almost a month now.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Idk man... It's gonna be hard not to have at least one carb full meal with my girl on the weekend..
I went out for chicken wings with my wife a couple days ago..... no big deal. no carbs(or very low)
just don't get fries or shyt with it.

Ribs, steaks, chicken, so much food to have with some nice grilled veggies.

once you realize that you can do without potatoes, breads, rice and pasta. IT ain't that bad.

I honestly haven't even really been craving any of that stuff anyway.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'm doing my regular workouts 3 days a week, plus cardio 2 days. (1 distance run and 1 HIIT day)
Gonna try to add another day of HIIT

I haven't had any energy problems on this diet and its been almost a month now.

There is some benefit to introducing carbs periodically. I can't measure your work level but if it's very intense you do run a chance of stalling the deeper into the 90 days that you get.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
There is some benefit to introducing carbs periodically. I can't measure your work level but if it's very intense you do run a chance of stalling the deeper into the 90 days that you get.
Yea, I'm gonna definitely keep an eye on it. And usually on heavy days I do up the carbs a little bit to get that protein shake in on top of what I take normally. But so far so good.

Kano

All Star
Daps
A lot of people are afraid of carbs. Not saying you are but 20 carbs a day for a grown man isn't adequate enough. Carbs give you energy and strength to go about your day. I understand you want to cut but if you eat healthy and observe what you consume than carbs aren't your problem; Sugars, saturated fats/ fats are.

Low fat, high carb, high protein diet seems more of a suitable fit.
Get your sugars from fruit.