Just started a Low carb diet this week..

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:20 carbs? Breh, the day you eat a bowl of pasta you gonna swell the fukk up. Carbs are GOOD for you, but you need to increase protein and definitely go
ham on Fiber.

I don't know why no one else has told you, but at your weight especially, this gonna go one of two ways:

You gonna get skinny as fukk and possibly be malnourished
or
You gonna hit a ridiculous plateau and have to do stupid shyt like cut to 1800 cals, then 1700, and on.

Learn to eat better and stop doing drastic shyt. Eat as many clean carbs as you can, avoid garbage food.

Nothing about 2000 calories @ 200+lbs sounds good, especially with 20 of them being carbs. Good luck when your hormones get fukked up, just like when you neglect

fats and protein.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:20 carbs? Breh, the day you eat a bowl of pasta you gonna swell the fukk up. Carbs are GOOD for you, but you need to increase protein and definitely go
ham on Fiber.

I don't know why no one else has told you, but at your weight especially, this gonna go one of two ways:

You gonna get skinny as fukk and possibly be malnourished
or
You gonna hit a ridiculous plateau and have to do stupid shyt like cut to 1800 cals, then 1700, and on.

Learn to eat better and stop doing drastic shyt. Eat as many clean carbs as you can, avoid garbage food.

Nothing about 2000 calories @ 200+lbs sounds good, especially with 20 of them being carbs. Good luck when your hormones get fukked up, just like when you neglect

fats and protein.

But breh wouldn't eat pasta because its full of starchy carbs and no good for you.(on a low carb diet)

Nothing wrong with a low carb diet, especially for losing weight. But the key is to increase the healthy fat intake.
No one should be starving themselves, because that shyt just isn't sustainable for life.

But for losing weight and fat a low carb diet is perfectly fine and nothing drastic about it.

Big things:

Eat lots of healthy fats ...like 70% of your calories. Avocados, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts,butter,etc.
Don't eat too much protien..like 25% of your calories. Too much protein will just turn to glucose and knock you out of ketosis and will just be turned back to fat.
Lower the NET carbs..down to like 5%. Eat lots of healthy green vegetables that are high in fiber. stay away from any starchy and sugary food. no pasta, potatoes, bread or rice, corn, etc.

The goal on a low carb diet and to losing the fat is to stay in ketosis. Your body will turn that fat in to keytones to use as energy rather than glucose(from carbs).

once you introdude carbs back you will be knocked out of ketosis and stop buring that fat.

obviously the ratios can be changed to fit your lifestyle. But for someone looking to burn fat and stay healthy then don't take in more than 40-50g of net carbs.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
im about 5'9 217

I'm doing 20 Carbs a day

&

2000 cals

I don't workout BUT I do have a job were I'm lifting heavy shyt all day for about 8/9 hours

I'm eating eggs, ground beef, fish, chicken, pork skins, beef sticks, cheese sticks, jello cups, pepperoni

Any advice or food suggestions

I eat eggs fried or scrambled pretty much every morning with a tbsp of butter and some times with 2-3 slices of bacon

for lunches I will usually have something like spinach salad with some cut cheese in there and a homemade balsamic vinagrette (olive oil) sometimes I will put some chopped nuts in there like almonds

or just have some almonds as a snack.

suppers I usually eat some kind of meat
tonight I'm gonna have a nice steak, cooked medium rare with a tbsp of butter on it(so delicious)

Other meats I'll have are bunless hamburgers, roasted chicken, roast beef(with the fat and gravy made with no flour), pork chops. But I've also had chicken wings and BBQ ribs.

Pretty much with every meal I will have some kind of green vegetable usually roasted in olive oil with some salt and garlic
Aspargus and brussell sprouts I find are the best like this.

I also like broccoli or cauliflower and cheese (you can find a great low carb cheese sauce online)

I've also made steak/chicken skewers that were great
Avocado is a great option as a side, or on a burger or something

for snacks I usually just have 1/4 almonds or pepperoni sticks or jerky.

I find that I am not really that hungry between meals anymore.

I've also found a renewed love for cooking thanks to this diet. Finding and trying new recipes is great.

Over the last few weeks I've made (all from scratch)
homemade chili (even made my own chili powder)
Brocoli cheddar soup
portabello mushroom pizzas(EVERYONE should try these, so fukkin good.)
Chocolate chia pudding
Lemon Cheesecake

here are some other ideas
Low Carb Recipes for Ketogenic Diets

Eating Keto Style! | Low-Carb Recipes for the Keto Diet • /r/ketorecipes

Keto Recipes - Get Inspiration for your Cooking

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Goodluck breh.

I was on that low carb wave myself and after battling with it for sometime threw that shyt in the bushes and haven't looked back since. Love them carbs... arguably more than p*ssy :wow:

Ain't no life without em.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
im doing IIFYM and I have a limit of about 100 carbs (grams) but I limit myself to <90 (usually around 85) but that's just going by the label on the food. I don't take away fiber.
Thats not low carb diet. If you arent under 50g carbs a day you arent low carb dieting. Youre just eating better lol

20-25 is ideal
50g should be a "mess up" day and should only happen a few times a week

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Thats not low carb diet. If you arent under 50g carbs a day you arent low carb dieting. Youre just eating better lol

20-25 is ideal
50g should be a "mess up" day and should only happen a few times a week

That's keto, a form of low carb (an extreme form).

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
That's keto, a form of low carb (an extreme form).
Im with the shyts :birdman:

I lost 14 lbs last year in 2 weeks on it (15-25 carbs a day)

Not for the weak of heart though. Lot of headaches and empty feeling/no energy

This past few weeks im on it but not as extreme but still not over 50g

(This is total carbs. Never knew what "net" carbs were until i seen this thread)

Daps
Reppin
#TEAMSTRICKLAND
Eggs cooked with unsalted butter and coconut oil
Beef Liver Tablets
Ground Beef
Tuna
veal liver
with betaine hcl +pepsin+pancreatin
lactoferrin
green tea with lemon
water

hemp protein powder
potato starch
green bananas
plantain flour
sauerkraut

Green juices :
kale
collard greens
green swiss chard
apple
carrot
beet

Bulletproof coffee
Liberté Butter, unsalted and organic
MCT oil

apple cider vinegar Braggs
ginger powder
onion juice (smoothie)
lemon juice
buckwheat honey
turmeric powder
garlic cloves

fish oil + choline +uridine+ vinpocetine
zinc picolinate
vitamin d3 +k2
vitamin c +collagen
multiglandular supplements swanson
boron

Last edited:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Yeah didn't know about dietary fiber. Just look on the back of the label and subtract whatever dietary fiber it says from the total carbs. Chia seeds are pretty much all fiber.

The trick for me was to just add fat to outweigh the protein in most meats. Add some heavy cream to your eggs to make them fluffier and you get 5gs of fat per serving. Add ranch to some spinach or kale. Add mayo to your tuna. Mix cream cheese with buffalo sauce(if you like buffalo sauce) and it makes a pretty good dipping sauce with chicken tenders. Melt some butter pour it on asparagus, put a little salt and pepper, and cook it taste great. Sausages are great. One of my favorite meals was chorizo with eggs. A shytload of fat in that. You'll feel like shyt for a few days but then you go back to normal stick it out. Check pintrest for a lot of good keto recipes.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Im with the shyts :birdman:

I lost 14 lbs last year in 2 weeks on it (15-25 carbs a day)

Not for the weak of heart though. Lot of headaches and empty feeling/no energy

This past few weeks im on it but not as extreme but still not over 50g

(This is total carbs. Never knew what "net" carbs were until i seen this thread)
I haven't had a problem with feeling empty with no energy. Try upping the net carbs for sure. And make sure you are getting lots of fats

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I haven't had a problem with feeling empty with no energy. Try upping the net carbs for sure. And make sure you are getting lots of fats

if you are doing a strict low carb diet youll run into some of those symptons. Ive never heard of this "net carbs" before this thread. Lot of yall still eating 75-100 carbs a day.. I was doing 15-25 carbs a day.. this time around im doing 25-50 carbs a day and havnt ran into much of those issues this time

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
if you are doing a strict low carb diet youll run into some of those symptons. Ive never heard of this "net carbs" before this thread. Lot of yall still eating 75-100 carbs a day.. I was doing 15-25 carbs a day.. this time around im doing 25-50 carbs a day and havnt ran into much of those issues this time
I'm getting about 20 net carbs a day.

Those fats keep me full all day, and not feeling like I'm lacking energy

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'm getting about 20 net carbs a day.

Those fats keep me full all day, and not feeling like I'm lacking energy

bruh you keep talking "net carbs" thats not what im talking about. You are still doing 75-100 carbs a day. I was doing 15-25 carbs TOTAL a day. None of this fugazi "subtract this from that" whatever is being talked about in here diet. That was my point.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
bruh you keep talking "net carbs" thats not what im talking about. You are still doing 75-100 carbs a day. I was doing 15-25 carbs TOTAL a day. None of this fugazi "subtract this from that" whatever is being talked about in here diet. That was my point.
Lol, cmon, net carbs may save you 2-3 g carbs per serving. Nothing like 75-100 a day

Even total carbs I'm taking in about 25-30 max

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
You do realize you don't know everything right? The fact that you've never heard of net carbs means absolutely nothing other than you've never heard of net carbs. Nothing "fugazi" about it. How you deduced that he's taking in 75-100 carbs a day without him saying what he eats is quite astounding.