Kanye can never quit music due to an awful contract

Daps
I doubt that bro. Unless said lawyer didn't specialize in contracts....particularly music contracts. Something's not adding up. Do you know who his lawyer was at the time?

it actually does add up because Kanye kept signing 2 and 3 year extensions on the agreement. he just don't want to do it no more :yeshrug:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
The only way a Manager would ever allow his artist to sign a contract like this is if they were in cahoots with the record label.....I find it odd how Eminem's manager is the head of Defjam while he is allegedly stuck in a slave contract. I also think artists Like Dre/Jay use other artists like Em/Ye as leverage to better their own contractual situation. I wouldn't be surprised if Jay-Z used Beyonce as a bargaining chip in some of his business deals.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Eminem has the same type of deal which is why he 45 still rapping, he hates rap, he wanted to after is third album but he can't, which is why he had the drug problem and tried to kill himself

People don't know Eminem's brother was trying to be a rapper, Eminem would never put him on, because the is slavery for real

being a rapper is worst than having a job as far as your health and time are concern, being on the shelf is a blessing after while

but when you money printing machine like Em and Kanye they not letting you quit, EVER
please provide more details on this, how do you know he hates rap?
yeah i'm just joking. the complaint says the parties extended the contract several times and that he still owes them songs under one of the contract periods :yeshrug:

if i understand correct, at some point they changed the requirements to 6 songs per year which had to be on his album or an album by an artist who previously had a gold album. maybe the lack of gold albums recently had something to do with him meeting that every year.

no wonder he has breakdowns. thats some pressure to produce hits. on the other hand....he kept agreeing to extensions lol

he has never not went atleast gold tho

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
If y’all dont remember Eminem was going to release a album called The Funeral that was 2 disk
I think the second disk was suppose to be the greatest hits

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Ya'll gotta remember (youngins) back in the 90s and early 2000s it was hard af to actually become a commercial artists. Not a big fan of Soulja Boy, but the dude really changed the game as far as rappers making bread online without a label backing. Studio prices used to be crazy (like $500 an hour shyt) and all kind of crazy shyt. So yeah, rappers signed bullshyt deals to win by any means necessary. It wasn't right, but that's how it was. Nobody could've forseen the diy online rap superstar becoming an alternative because it didn't exist.

They thought that, back in the 90s, that the gravy train was gonna last forever with CDs being the primary thing. That was why those 6-10 album contract deals with less than $100k signing deals were the norm. The internet bodied the music industry that practiced shark tactics.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Kanye is literally in a slave deal.
What do you mean it's not the same?

Wayne's last album sold considerably more than Kanye last album by the way.
Kanye is not in a slave deal

He can quit when he want to quit

nikkas was missin why he was with trump

“Music Modernization Act on Thursday, October 11, was driven by the need to update and streamline music licensing processes for the streaming era, where more and more musicians are finding it difficult to collect the royalties owed to them from streams on Spotify and other platforms. It has become the most significant copyright law change in decades.“

All the nikkas talkin shyt .. look stupid because they was suckin Obama dikk n he never did shyt for the pockets in the long run

The act could have been signed 8 yrs ago but it was photo ops with nikkas .. n Obama would have done anything for the carter’s

Kanye can leave if he want too.. retire and everything .. since the new act is .. him n em I will continue to make money

Look at drake .. so far so gone .. rereleased on streams ..drake cashmoney Wayne and j prince

Listen to gold digger replace the thought of it being a chick to a label

U wife a gold digger without a prenup she eatin off u the rest of ya life even when u leave her

Tryin to get a prenup in the middle of the relationship will never happen

Daps
he has never not went atleast gold tho

yeah, i think that part is more so about if he makes a song for another artist album. it had to be a gold standard artist for it to count toward his song requirements. for example, whatever he did last year for teyana, pusha, cudi wouldn't count because they weren't coming off of gold albums. thats my brief understanding

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
yeah, i think that part is more so about if he makes a song for another artist album. it had to be a gold standard artist for it to count toward his song requirements. for example, whatever he did last year for teyana, pusha, cudi wouldn't count because they weren't coming off of gold albums. thats my brief understanding
:dahell: the fukk typa shyt is this