Kendrick in 2024: "Drake is a pedo, all pedos should die" Kendrick in 2019: "Leave R Kelly alone or else" "Kodak, jump on this record with ya boy"

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I probably shouldn’t waste my time typing this but fukk it :yeshrug:

There’s no defending the Kodak Black shyt, but the R. Kelly shyt has a lot of context and nuance to it. He wasn’t defending what R. Kelly did and anybody who actually read the statement would see that. He’s issue with Spotify was that they were removing R. Kelly and XXXTENTion music but didn’t have any of the same energy for white artist who have done the same.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I probably shouldn’t waste my time typing this but fukk it :yeshrug:

There’s no defending the Kodak Black shyt, but the R. Kelly shyt has a lot of context and nuance to it. He wasn’t defending what R. Kelly did and anybody who actually read the statement would see that. He’s issue with Spotify was that they were removing R. Kelly and XXXTENTion music but didn’t have any of the same energy for white artist who have done the same.
That still doesn't make it better because those two examples and R Kelly particular should have been the last example he used to make that argument.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Made this thread in the Booth but nah nah nah nah TLR getting this work too :mjgrin:

All these boys is hypocrites, Kenny don't have no more integrity than any of the rest of these boys :mjlol:

For the folks that is neutral in this whole thing, watch how these folks come in here and twist themselves into pretzels. The goalpost moving is about to be LEGENDARY :mjgrin:

Should have added this track to that post too:

:wow:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
That still doesn't make it better because those two examples and R Kelly particular should have been the last example he used to make that argument.

I didn’t say it makes it better. I just said there was context and it wasn’t just blindly defending R. Kelly. If we’re being real Spotify would have folded without the threat removing the music because of bad publicity.

Last edited:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
It's still defending R Kelly at the end of the day, so the context doesn't matter and changes nothing.
i don’t disagree and I think Spotify would have folded if they would have doubled down on the discrimination angle but in truth would still be kind of defending them in a way I guess.

What about Kodak? Do that one next :jbhmm:

Kind of weird you would make this thread didn’t you think the R. Kelly allegations were fake? I know you’re trolling dot fans, but this feels a bit disingenuous :manny:

Daps
i don’t disagree and I think Spotify would have folded if they would have doubled down on the discrimination angle but in truth would still be kind of defending them in a way I guess.

Kind of weird you would make this thread didn’t you think the R. Kelly allegations were fake? I know you’re trolling dot fans, but this feels a bit disingenuous :manny:

I never once said the R Kelly allegations were fake. I believe R Kelly was messing around with young girls. I believe that they put him in prison on some BS since they didn't get him the first time in order to appease the metoo movement. I thought it was double jeopardy. :manny:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
3b72c8a2-e402-4c27-bad4-f6781aaa4c1d_text.gif

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
It's still defending R Kelly at the end of the day, so the context doesn't matter and changes nothing.
No it wasn’t. Kendrick was protesting the policy itself. Rkelly wasn’t the only artist who had music removed. Why are you directly connecting Kendrick and rkelly?