Kendrick sells only 286k first week….Flop?

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Drake is an anomaly. He's got so many demographics on lock, you shouldn't really compare anyone but major pop stars to him. Folks that don't even speak English where I'm at bump Drake.

For a mainstream rapper, Kendrick is still outselling the majority of the game. And he didn't cater to the pop world by dropping a bunch of Swimming Pools, Humbles, and All The Stars for stream/chart bait. He made a heavy/personal album with lots of lyricism and storytelling.

Nikkas doubted Kendrick could do numbers post GKMC when TPAB dropped only to prove them wrong with DAMN. Kendrick can easily drop a bunch of crossover hits to boost his fw sales and streams but he chooses not to. So, this ain't a flop by any means.

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
:what:
Are you saying the charts are completely irrelevant to whether people are still listening to an album? Explain that.

I'm talking about what ppl are actually talking about and what's the anthems for this summer on the streets...it ain't Kenny

the album came & went...compare that to Damn which stayed at the top of hip hop convos for months & months

Album was mediocre & will struggle to go dbl plat, which is unconscionable for Kenny

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I'm talking about what ppl are actually talking about and what's the anthems for this summer on the streets...it ain't Kenny

the album came & went...compare that to Damn which stayed at the top of hip hop convos for months & months

Album was mediocre & will struggle to go dbl plat, which is unconscionable for Kenny
:dead:
So you really want to claim the #3 album in the country “came and went” because you don’t personally know anyone talking about it :dead:
Yes. It doesn’t have a huge single and it likely won’t go double platinum, that doesn’t mean you can already claim, while it is #3 on the chart in its third week, that it “came and went” :dead:

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
:dead:
So you really want to claim the #3 album in the country “came and went” because you don’t personally know anyone talking about it :dead:
Yes. It doesn’t have a huge single and it likely won’t go double platinum, that doesn’t mean you can already claim, while it is #3 on the chart in its third week, that it “came and went” :dead:

I’m plugged in blood. No one is talking about this album. The sales pale in comparison to his previous efforts.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I’m plugged in blood. No one is talking about this album. The sales pale in comparison to his previous efforts.
Ok. In reality it’s on track to chart at #5 next week. Move another 57,000 units.

hitsdd_photo_gal__photo_676933928.png

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Future (who dropped a great album btw) outselling it now. The sales clearly show he'll go plat but I stand by my position that this won't have legs like DAMN or a Drake album, and instead kinda slowly fall off like recent Cole albums have done.